Windows 10: Windows 7 Support ends in three years

Discus and support Windows 7 Support ends in three years in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; One of the most successful operating systems is gradually approaching the end of its life cycle : the extended support of Windows 7 will be completed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 7 Support ends in three years

Source: Windows 7 Support endet in drei Jahren – Windows Fur Unternehmen

Brink, Jan 15, 2017
  2. DavidY Win User

Windows Vista support ends in 3 months (slightly less now).

:)

DavidY, Jan 16, 2017
  3. Bruce Hagen, Jan 16, 2017
  4. jauhis Win User

Windows 7

NSU should support Windows 7 by the end of this year.

jauhis, Jan 16, 2017
  5. A shame. Windows 7 is the best OS I have ever used. Much prefer it over 10, no nasty surprises and rock solid. At least in my usage. And no horrible hybrid mobile/desktop GUI. A serious OS for serious users. Almost seems good for a windows 7 user that no new features or service packs will be hitting the OS, less chance for MS to break something although the lack of security updates in 3 years is certain to spell the end. The old stuff was always the best, football, formula one and now the Windows OS. Maybe I'm getting old, but they just don't make em like they used to!

Scottyboy99, Jan 16, 2017
  6. pparks1 Win User
    There are advantages to newer as well. For example, I built a new pc with my son. Needed not a single driver after the OS install. The only thing I installed was latest Nvidia driver. It was such a pleasant experience.

pparks1, Jan 16, 2017
  7. We have to as the saying goes move with the times I am 69 this year and in the time I have been using windows I have seen some changes (most of them for the better).
    Like when I was young no TV only Radio, then a TV with only one channel that at 10pm went off air after the news
    So think ahead what is to come lol

hTconeM9user, Jan 16, 2017
  8. Windows 7 Support ends in three years

*Ditto I haven't had to manually install a driver for a while now. I have some old and some new(ish) tech. After a clean install, I just sit back and let Windows update do its thing. Video, sound etc drivers are installed within the first 5 minutes up time. Even without those drivers my PC is usable.

I have nothing against Windows 7, great OS. We all know sooner or latter support will end though. I don't see it being extended like XP was either.

alphanumeric, Jan 17, 2017
  9. Trust_No1 Win User
    Agreed..

Though 8/8.1 is good runner up and much better than Windows 10 also. Only have 2 Windows7 machines left and 5 Windows 8.1. I only have 1 Win10 machine on a dual boot, just to monitor any changes.

My brother bought a brand new Dell system with Windows 10, he got so disgusted that he returned it to Best Buy (month ago) and asked me to help him build a system with dual boot 8.1 and 7, poor lil fella.

Trust_No1, Jan 17, 2017
  10. Stevekir Win User
    My daughter, who works for an international car manufacturer, tells me that many businesses (including hers) are still using XP. They are reluctant to change because of the number of computers to be upgraded (50?) both physically and OS-wise, leading to inevitable problems.

Has any one any idea of the proportion of business computers (UK/World) still on XP?

Stevekir, Jan 17, 2017
  11. sam2fish Win User
    The first really good Windows-OS was Windows-2000. Then Windows-7, now Windows-10.

I have two towers. This one I run Windows-10 on two screens. The other older one I run Windows-7, which is what it came with. I like both... they both have their good and less good. I using a after-market start menu in Win7 to give it a bit of theWin10 feel...

sam2fish, Jan 17, 2017
  12. Windows 2000 was one of my all time favourites. I stayed with it until support ended. I went kicking and screaming to XP, lol. Never really liked XP all that much to be honest. Warmed up to 7 after using it though. Didn't like 8 at all. The changes made in 8.1 were a welcome relief. There are some things in 10 I don't like but as a whole its OK. I have no intension of ever going back to 8.1 or 7.

alphanumeric, Jan 17, 2017
  13. Windows 7 Support ends in three years

Yes Windows 2000 was also an all time favourite, but supplanted with Windows XP x64 Edition. Rock solid provided your machine was compatible.

What is it that you dislike about Windows 8? I was hesitant to put it on my machine initially (only the x64 release of 8 works on my HP system, not 8.1), but really, it's been rock solid. All of the metro packages have been removed and concealed with Classic Shell. As it stands, even when I get a better machine, I see no need for 8.1, so 8 it will be.

Just curious.
    *Smile

Jody Thornton, Jan 18, 2017
  14. Fafhrd Win User
    Windows 7 was also beloved by those who don't believe in paying for their OSs. One more reason for it's continued popularity, which has been inherited through Windows 7 upgrade path to Windows 10. Also a reason for the lack of popularity for Windows 8, which was much better protected from non-genuine use.

Fafhrd, Jan 18, 2017
  15. sam2fish Win User
    Guess I did cheat a bit by buying win2000pro oem, for 250.00.

I liked the beta version of Windows7pro so much... that in the first month of it coming out I bought 3 copies. For me and my two sons, at 195.00 each.

Yes, Windows10 I got free like so many did.

sam2fish, Jan 18, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 7 Support ends in three years - Similar Threads - Support ends three

2. Windows 7 and 8.1 support ends next month

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 7 and 8.1 support ends next month: Microsoft plans to end support for Windows 7 and 8.1 on January 10, 2022. The devices won't receive updates anymore after end of support and some programs, like Chrome or Microsoft Edge, won't receive updates anymore either immediately after support end. Some users may...
  3. It looks as if Microsoft could extend Windows 7 Support by another three years

in Windows 10 News
    It looks as if Microsoft could extend Windows 7 Support by another three years: Microsoft ended support for its Windows 7 operating system in 2020. The company offers extended support to organizations and businesses, but not to Home customers. Microsoft's initial plan was to limit extended support to three years after support end, but it appears that...
  4. Millions of PCs still run Windows 7, one year after Microsoft ended support

in Windows 10 News
    Millions of PCs still run Windows 7, one year after Microsoft ended support: Windows 7 reached its end of support period in January, but its market share numbers did not drop significantly over the last eleven months as users rejected Microsoft’s free Windows 10 upgrade offer. Windows 7 was first released in 2009 and Microsoft pulled mainstream...
  5. Licensing End of Support Windows 7 Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Licensing End of Support Windows 7 Virtual Machine: As everyone knows, Windows 7 is no longer supported so I was wondering has the licensing dynamics changed when using it. Specifically using it as a virtual machine on a Windows 10 Pro Hyper-V host. If it must be licensed, what license is require Software Assurance or VDA?...
  6. End of Support notifications for Windows 7 Pro users

in Windows 10 News
    End of Support notifications for Windows 7 Pro users: Microsoft started to inform Windows 7 Home users that support for the operating system was about to run out. From this week on, the notifications will also be shown to users running devices with Windows 7 Pro. The company's Windows 7 operating system will run out of support...
  7. Three year trial

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Three year trial: I was recently informed that I had downloaded a three year trial of Windows 10 in 2016. I can't remember if this was true or not. If it was, how long do I have to purchase Windows 10, & install it before I loose everything?...
  8. Windows 7 and Office 2010 End of Support

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 7 and Office 2010 End of Support: Make the shift from Windows 7 and Office 2010 to Windows 10 and Office 365. Support for Windows 7 will end on January 14, 2020. Microsoft will no longer provide security updates or technical support for devices running Windows 7 operating systems. That’s why it’s time to...
  9. End of Support Windows 7 and Office 2010

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    End of Support Windows 7 and Office 2010: Just letting you guys know, just letting you greedy guys know, people loved Windows 7 because it was a WORKING operating system and not a home entertainment system crap. There is a xbox for that, I want my computer BE A computer. I do not need netflix "app" on my computer and...
  10. Engyro Product Connector support ending this year

in Windows 10 News
    Engyro Product Connector support ending this year: The Engyro Product Connector for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007 will no longer be supported after July 11, 2017. If you are using this product connector, please upgrade to System Center 2016 Operations Manager and integrate with a third-party connector as...