Windows 10: Windows 7 To 10 Update

Discus and support Windows 7 To 10 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just a few final comments about the free upgrade. 1. Upgrading does not allow an installation with dual boot option. 2. Windows 7 is gone after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by keithet, Aug 9, 2015.

1. keithet Win User

Windows 7 To 10 Update

Just a few final comments about the free upgrade.

1. Upgrading does not allow an installation with dual boot option.
    2. Windows 7 is gone after one month. If you don't like it, too bad.
    3. My "legacy" Dell colour laser printer will not function with Windows 10.
    It works flawlessly with Windows 7 and getting a new printer gets
    rid of the saving plus a lot more than the savings of a free W10.

For these and other reasons, I will pass on the "free" upgrade.
    Keith

:)

keithet, Aug 9, 2015

2. How to update Windows 10 Pro

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070422)

How To Update Windows 10 Pro, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Windows 10 haven't updated to version 1511 --- How to find product key

I haven't run the ISO disk as of yet, I want the current product key in hand, on a post it note, prior to doing that, not interested in MS bullS**T about it not being needed. 2 hours online with tech support and they can't cope with the question of how
    can the current product key be accessed in windows 10.

I've never owned a Apple product, but I can never see buying or having another MS product in my household after this.

NOT THE ONLY ONE

Windows 10 update fail, Aug 9, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Windows 7 To 10 Update

1. It's an upgrade. Dual booting is not upgrading, it is doing a clean install of a new OS.

2. Not if you create an image of your old OS before upgrading. And then after the upgrade that image can be restored to another partition to set up dual booting - although it violates the upgrade EULA to do so.

3. Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1 drivers work with Windows 10.

NavyLCDR, Aug 9, 2015
  5. keithet Win User
    Thanks for your response,
    According to Dell Support website AND the "What Hardware Works with Windows 10" the Dell 3000cn laser colour printer is NOT supported. Who am I to believe??

keithet, Aug 9, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
    lx07, Aug 9, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    I would believe them - but I would bet the old Windows 8 workaround that halasz linked to would work Windows 7 To 10 Update :)

NavyLCDR, Aug 9, 2015
  8. Windows 7 To 10 Update

Just because it's not supported doesn't mean it doesn't work.

If you really want a dual boot option, install Windows 7 on the second partition and upgrade that.

teachermark, Aug 9, 2015
  9. No, they don't -- not all of them. I have an old Fujitsu laptop whose video chipset uses XPDM drivers, and has been clearly indicated in MS system requirements, WDDM drivers are required. So, the Win7 Intel video drivers that DO work on my Fujitsu laptop in Win7 do not work in Win10.

Mark Phelps, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 7 To 10 Update

1. Windows 7 To 10 Update - Similar Threads - Update

2. Update ulic tek Inc - SoftwareComponent 1.0.259.0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update ulic tek Inc - SoftwareComponent 1.0.259.0: This install is in my Drivers Update. ulic tek Inc - SoftwareComponent 1.0.259.0 Can someone let me know what it is for, please. I can't find information on it anywhere. Thank you....
  3. Update ulic tek Inc - SoftwareComponent 1.0.259.0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update ulic tek Inc - SoftwareComponent 1.0.259.0: This install is in my Drivers Update. ulic tek Inc - SoftwareComponent 1.0.259.0 Can someone let me know what it is for, please. I can't find information on it anywhere. Thank you....
  4. Apps not getting updated properly in Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps not getting updated properly in Microsoft Store.: To,Microsoft CommunityDear Friend,I am using the Latest Microsoft Windows 11, Version: 23H2 OS on My Laptop. When I try to update Apps via Microsoft Store by clicking on "Update all" it starts Downloading, but Downloading Circle Roams. But actually it dosen't gets Downloaded....
  5. Apps not getting updated properly in Microsoft Store.

Apps not getting updated properly in Microsoft Store.: To,Microsoft CommunityDear Friend,I am using the Latest Microsoft Windows 11, Version: 23H2 OS on My Laptop. When I try to update Apps via Microsoft Store by clicking on "Update all" it starts Downloading, but Downloading Circle Roams. But actually it dosen't gets Downloaded....
  6. Unable to install the April 2024 cumulative update KB5036892

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install the April 2024 cumulative update KB5036892: Split from this thread. I was able to trace the exact error during the update process. I started the upgrade using the command line and the dism command. After about 20 minutes it reaches around 5.7 % progress, it stops and asks for a reboot. Upon reboot it starts the...
  7. Unable to install the April 2024 cumulative update KB5036892

Unable to install the April 2024 cumulative update KB5036892: Split from this thread. I was able to trace the exact error during the update process. I started the upgrade using the command line and the dism command. After about 20 minutes it reaches around 5.7 % progress, it stops and asks for a reboot. Upon reboot it starts the...
  8. Unable to install the April 2024 cumulative update KB5036892

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows search, indexing, and update not working despite common fix attempts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search, indexing, and update not working despite common fix attempts: I've been experiencing persistent issues with the Windows Search function on my Windows 10 system. When I attempt to use the search feature, it seems that not all applications are appearing in the results. I've noticed that in Task Manager, the Search process is automatically...
  10. Windows search, indexing, and update not working despite common fix attempts

Windows search, indexing, and update not working despite common fix attempts: I've been experiencing persistent issues with the Windows Search function on my Windows 10 system. When I attempt to use the search feature, it seems that not all applications are appearing in the results. I've noticed that in Task Manager, the Search process is automatically...