Windows 10: Windows 7 to Windows 10 - error 0xCFFFFFFF 0x40019

Discus and support Windows 7 to Windows 10 - error 0xCFFFFFFF 0x40019 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Trying to update my Desktop PC from Windows 7 to 10. I have already had a fault free upgrade of my laptop, but my desktop fails. Initial... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Arjay2002, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Arjay2002 Win User

Windows 7 to Windows 10 - error 0xCFFFFFFF 0x40019

Trying to update my Desktop PC from Windows 7 to 10. I have already had a fault free upgrade of my laptop, but my desktop fails.

Initial Installation seems to go fine, until I am asked to re-login. When I enter my password to login to the PC for the first time with Windows 10, the screen freezes. If I try to do anything, I get a reboot - and the problem repeats.

Eventually, I rolled-back (successfully) to Windows 7 and received the above error.

Google has been of little help, and neither has the Microsoft help (although they suggest the error 0xCFFFFFFF is an app-hang). I don't even know where to start looking!! Any ideas???????

:)

Arjay2002, Aug 11, 2015
  2. (Malver) Win User

Stuck/Freezing on the Welcome to Windows 10 screen after installation.

I tried all options except for 3 since it's a desktop PC, no luck though. I was fortunately able to revert back to Windows 7 and got this error code message about Windows 10 failing to install, 0xCFFFFFFF - 0x40019.

(Malver), Aug 11, 2015
  3. Hal-Mann Win User
    SECOND_BOOT Phase Error

I have tried to install win 10 and it failed. I get the error

0xcFFFFFFF-0x40019

The installation Failed in the SECOND_BOOT Phase with an error during 00BE operation

I have been lucky to recover back to windows 7 ultimate 64 Bit

I have removed the backup hard drives that some say may be causing the problem. and that did not help I got the above error.

I'm installing off the ISO file win 10 pro 64 bit.

any help would be great.

Thanks

Hal-Mann, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Arjay2002 Win User

Anyone got any suggestions? Still not made any progress.

Arjay2002, Aug 16, 2015
  5. Bazz Win User
    You could try disabling everything that is opening with windows from msconfig.

6. Ztruker Win User
    Before the next attempt, try doing the following (in no particular order after the backup is complete):

Create an image backpack of your existing operating system to an external USB hard drive using a program like Macrium Reflect Free. If you don't have an external drive, get one as they are relatively cheap. A 1TB drive runs $50 to $60. Create the Rescue Disc before you create the image backup so if anything goes wrong, you can recover in 20 to 30 minutes.

Check for updated drivers for your hardware at the manufacturers web site.
    Disconnect everything except mouse, keyboard and display EVERYTHING!
    Uninstall your anti-virus if it's other than the built-in Defender.
    Uninstall your firewall if it's other than the built-in Firewall.
    Uninstall any Start button programs like Classic Shell, Start8, also Window Blinds, etc.
    Uninstall any theme modifications.
    If you moved any of your user folders to another drive or partition, move them back. See here: Successful upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.1 with 'Users' in other drive!

Run chkdsk /r and let it start and complete on reboot.
    Run sfc /scannow and see if it finds and repairs any system files.

Now try the upgrade to Windows 10.

Ztruker, Aug 17, 2015
  7. Arjay2002 Win User
    Success!!!!!!!

I'm not sure what the cause was, but I did the following.......

1. Suspected that problem was I have Windows installed on SSD, with regular HDD for storage. Although Profiles are still on SSD, some the Libraries are on HDD, so disabled the Libraries.
    2. Several programs are installed on HDD, including Dropbox, OneDrive and TeamViewer, so disabled these apps.
    3. Went into Computer Management and removed the HDD drive letter.
    4. Rebooted system and made sure no errors occurred at boot
    5. Disabled Windows Themes

After these steps, performed Install, and all went smoothly.
    Not sure what the problem was, but wanted to pass on info and thanks.

Arjay2002, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 7 to Windows 10 - error 0xCFFFFFFF 0x40019 - Similar Threads - error 0xCFFFFFFF 0x40019

2. Windows 7 Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Error: Hello I get this blue screen when my pc launches. after 2 or 3 minutes of windows running i get this blue screen error.and the pc restarts.can anyone help me ?I tried following this tutorial. Common error codesThe steps in this guided walk-through should help with all Windows...
  3. Windows 7 Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Error: Hello I get this blue screen when my pc launches. after 2 or 3 minutes of windows running i get this blue screen error.and the pc restarts.can anyone help me ?I tried following this tutorial. Common error codesThe steps in this guided walk-through should help with all Windows...
  4. Windows 11 Error Code: 0xcfffffff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Error Code: 0xcfffffff: How to solve the Windows 11 Windows Update Error code 0xcfffffff? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-error-code-0xcfffffff/3fafdf87-9477-481d-bf89-6007592b0207
  5. Windows 11 Error Code: 0xcfffffff

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Error Code: 0xcfffffff: How to solve the Windows 11 Windows Update Error code 0xcfffffff? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-error-code-0xcfffffff/3fafdf87-9477-481d-bf89-6007592b0207
  6. windows 7 to windows 10 reoccurring errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 7 to windows 10 reoccurring errors: Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I keep getting error 0x8007001F - 0x20006 failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during REPLICATE_OC operation. How do I download my paid WINDOWS 10 upgrade?...
  7. Windows 7 upgrade to Windows 10 error

Windows 7 upgrade to Windows 10 error: I cannot upgrade Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10 and prior to the rollback, the Windows message reads - "The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  8. Windows 7 error noise in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 7 error noise in Windows 10: This is definitely new. This started happening recently, but randomly the Widows 7 error noise will play... on my Windows 10 computer. WHAT? Any suggestions are welcome. Again, it's completely random. submitted by /u/Broccoli_Assassin911 [link] [comments]...
  9. Error upgrading Windows 7 to 10

Error upgrading Windows 7 to 10: The download and install process proceeds smoothly until 91% install and update. After that point it fails and reboots to Windows 7 showing the error code 0xC1900101 - 0x4000D. I've followed all the troubleshoot advice at both locations...
  10. Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10 Error

Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10 Error: I've tried to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate 6 times, and every time I get this error: "We couldn't install Windows 10 We've set your PC back to the way it was before you started installing Windows 10 0x800F0955 - 0x20003 The Installation...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 upgrade error 0xcfffffff