Windows 10: Windows 7 transition to Windows 10 problem

Discus and support Windows 7 transition to Windows 10 problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I am trying to install Win. 10 (running 7 now). When I do, I get an error message that says I don't have enough RAM. I do have enough RAM, no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mossrite, Sep 8, 2015.

1. mossrite Win User

Windows 7 transition to Windows 10 problem

Hi. I am trying to install Win. 10 (running 7 now). When I do, I get an error message that says I don't have enough RAM. I do have enough RAM, no question about this. My local computer store says Windows isn't communicating too well with my PC's motherboard, and that there are no updates for this motherboard available. Apparently, it's a miscommunication problem between Win. on the PC's hard drive, Win. on the web, and the motherboard. The computer store said I could install a new motherboard, but this seems like an unnecessary expense. Would any forum members have any work around ideas? I doubt that Win. will come up with any solution, and my computer store thinks that as well. Thanks for your feed back.

:)

mossrite, Sep 8, 2015

2. Issue using some ProShow slide transitions with Windows 10

I recently upgraded my laptop to Windows 10. When working on a slideshow in ProShow Producer version 7, I am having problems with some of the slide transitions such as cloud, smoke, sparkle, etc. They don't work properly. The slide display turns white
    and there is no cloud, smoke, sparkles moving across the screen. It seems the issue is with transitions that have .wmv files included in the transition. They worked fine when I was running Windows 8.1. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how do I correct
    the issue?

David Grahl, Sep 8, 2015
  3. JimWynne Win User
    Windows 10 is it a new o/s?

7 to 8 was the most extreme transition since 3.1 to 95. My point is that nearly all Windows versions represent incremental differences from the previous version, so you shouldn't be surprised or dismayed that the transition from 8.1 to 10 was (once again)
    incremental. "All the improvements" of Windows 7 could have gone into Vista, and so on.

JimWynne, Sep 8, 2015
  4. rmonroe36 Win User

Suggest you give this tutorial a read:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...tallation.html

Rich

rmonroe36, Sep 8, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 7 transition to Windows 10 problem - Similar Threads - transition problem

2. New transit updates on Google Maps on Android and iOS

in Windows 10 News
    New transit updates on Google Maps on Android and iOS: On days when everything runs smoothly, taking public transit is one of the best ways to get around town. Not only is it cost-effective and efficient, but it also lets you stay hands free so you can sit back, relax and maybe even read a few chapters of your favorite book. But...
  3. ui transition laggy and rough pixelated text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ui transition laggy and rough pixelated text: I have now installed gtx 1650 gpu but still ui transition is not smooth and text is not smooth what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ui-transition-laggy-and-rough-pixelated-text/f23e26d2-8eee-46a4-9eea-07dd56eae0b9
  4. ui transition laggy and rough pixelated text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ui transition laggy and rough pixelated text: I have now installed gtx 1650 gpu but still ui transition is not smooth and text is not smooth what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ui-transition-laggy-and-rough-pixelated-text/f23e26d2-8eee-46a4-9eea-07dd56eae0b9
  5. PC will not always transition properly from sleep to hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC will not always transition properly from sleep to hibernate: Hello, I am trying to troubleshoot an issue where my laptop will not properly transition from sleep to hibernate mode automatically. The Hibernate function itself works just fine - I can activate it from the Start menu successfully. Also, it seems there is a relation to how...
  6. Recovery drive creation looks to be complete but won't transition to finish page

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery drive creation looks to be complete but won't transition to finish page: Everything seems to have gone well in creating a recovery drive on Windows 10 on a laptop that is about 10 days old. The green bar is full and it still says copying system. How long is this supposed to last? It has been 10 minutes. I looked and found it should snap to a...
  7. What's the frequency that transition is being evaluated in State Machine?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What's the frequency that transition is being evaluated in State Machine?: Hi, I'm working on state machine from Windows Workflow Foundation. If my state machine is waiting for something to happen which is being checked by transition, I realize that the transitions are being evaluated continuously until the condition is met. How frequently it will...
  8. Windows 7 End Support - Making transition to Windows 10 and Office 365

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 7 End Support - Making transition to Windows 10 and Office 365: After 10 years, support for Windows 7 is coming to an end on January 14, 2020, with Office 2010 following shortly thereafter. We are here to help you with recommendations for what to do next and answer questions that you may have about end of support. End of support means...
  9. Can you add transitions when making a movie in Windows Photos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you add transitions when making a movie in Windows Photos?: Can you add transitions when making a movie in Windows Photos? Any ideas please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/can-you-add-transitions-when-making-a-movie-in/95a9602f-02b4-47aa-b078-8fe9badf143b
  10. Weird screen lines after black screen transition problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Weird screen lines after black screen transition problem: Hello everyone, Sometime ago i made a thread on this forum about my monitor sometimes showing ''no signal'' after cold pc boot. (monitor on first, then booting pc, no signal, hard reset pc and it worked). I got around this by first booting up my screen, wait for the logo...