Windows 10: Windows 7 upgraded - stuck on password screen for W10

Discus and support Windows 7 upgraded - stuck on password screen for W10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have already updated by laptop from 8.1 to 10 - works fine. Have done my desktop from 7 -10 and i'm being told installation was complete. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LeeBrown, Jul 29, 2015.

1. LeeBrown Win User

Windows 7 upgraded - stuck on password screen for W10

I have already updated by laptop from 8.1 to 10 - works fine.

Have done my desktop from 7 -10 and i'm being told installation was complete.

I am on the screen that now says "Hi there, welcome back! and asks me for my password.

I put it in and click next (have also tried tabbing to next) and I just sits there with nothing happening.

Any ideas please?

Thank you in advance, Lee

:)

LeeBrown, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Paul4859 Win User

Cannot login with Microsoft password after upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.1

Unfortunately same problem. I have an elderly friend who, accidentally, accepted the offer to upgrade to W10. I have worked on his computer before and went to upgrades from 7 to 8 and 8.1 so know his login name and password well. Unfortunately he never
    did create password reset disk though it may not have helped either. Anyways, on booting the computer it gets to the login screen but no matter what we tried for password, including old passwords nothing was accepted. Tried various suggestions but just get
    stuck on the same screen. Has anybody been successful in creating a pw rest disk on a working W10 computer and using that, been able to reset password?? Any other helpful suggestions?? Contacting tech service does not seem to be a good choice either. Will
    the computer boot up if I try to reinstall Windows XP or other version? I still have those setup disks.

My daughter will get a W10 laptop in about a week and we'll be sure to make that reset disk...hopefully that will do the trick...

Paul4859, Jul 29, 2015
  3. reset back to Windows 7 after Windows 10 fail

After installing the free Windows 10 upgrade my computer does not work. I'm stuck at password screen. I cannot get past this screen. How do I reset back to Windows 7. I have a Dell and discs did not come with this computer.

catherine~t, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Windows 7 upgraded - stuck on password screen for W10

1. Windows 7 upgraded - stuck on password screen for W10 - Similar Threads - upgraded stuck password

2. Windows 7 stuck on password screen and black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 stuck on password screen and black screen: Hi,As I sent my laptop for reparation, I thought I’d do fine using my old windows 7 computer. However, when accessing the password screen, I get the blue windows screen interrupted by a black screen appearing every few seconds or so. Also happens in safe mode. Can anyone help...
  3. Windows 7 stuck on password screen and black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 stuck on password screen and black screen: Hi,As I sent my laptop for reparation, I thought I’d do fine using my old windows 7 computer. However, when accessing the password screen, I get the blue windows screen interrupted by a black screen appearing every few seconds or so. Also happens in safe mode. Can anyone help...
  4. W10 stuck on the log in screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 stuck on the log in screen: A user of the company I'm working in installed updates for windows, after restarting the person send me this What could it be? https://reddit.com/link/tqhi8q/video/eacl77jqb6q81/player submitted by /u/migi1501 [link] [comments]...
  5. W10 reinstall stuck on purple screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 reinstall stuck on purple screen: Dell Inspiron W10 reinstall stuck on purple screen. Dell welcome screen flashed up for a second after 89% completion of reinstall, now just dead. Can anyone help?...
  6. W10 reinstall stuck on purple screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 reinstall stuck on purple screen: Dell Inspiron W10 reinstall stuck on purple screen. Dell welcome screen flashed up for a second after 89% completion of reinstall, now just dead. Can anyone help?...
  7. W10 reinstall stuck on purple screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade stuck at 30%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 7 to 10 upgrade stuck at 30%: Hello! Recently, I have tried to install and upgrade to Windows 10 on my ASUS N46V (currently running Windows 7) for work purposes as i realized Win7 has stopped receiving support since Jan 2020. I downloaded the Media Creation Tool 20H2 from the Microsoft website....
  9. Upgrade from W8.1 to W10 stuck at 54%.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from W8.1 to W10 stuck at 54%.: Hi there, I'm having issues with my sister's Acer laptop where I'm trying to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 using the Media Creator Tool, and I would be very grateful if somebody here can help me with this. So she gave me this laptop that was being slow, and what i...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 stuck: Second attempt to upgrade from W7 to W10. Both times it gets to "working on updates: 48% Don't turn off...." The little balls keep circling, but nothing is progressing. Been running for over 5 hours, pretty sure it's not going to complete. I can do a hard restart and I...