Windows 10: Windows 7 wants to download windows 10 no get out?

Discus and support Windows 7 wants to download windows 10 no get out? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi folks, Anyone else encountered this on windows 7? On one of my computers I want to keep it at windows 7 for time being. In the past... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by donegaljoe, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Windows 7 wants to download windows 10 no get out?

Hi folks,

Anyone else encountered this on windows 7?

On one of my computers I want to keep it at windows 7 for time being.

In the past by hiding update KB30355583 it has worked but now when I go to windows update it insists in downloading windows 10 before it will even download the currents months updates.

Once the download of 10 is done, in options I can untick install windows 10 but would prefer not to have Microsoft insist in downloading it in first place.

any get outs in this?

Thanks

:)

donegaljoe, Nov 20, 2015
  2. Bruce Hagen, Nov 20, 2015
  3. I have all the Windows 7 requirements and hardware requirements, but still no "get windows 10 app", how do I get it?

OK just to clarify here is what I'm running:

Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1

an i7-4770k processor at 3.5 GHz

16 gigs of RAM

my operating system runs on a 60 GB SSD and my primary storage is a 1 TB hard drive

and a GTX 980 for graphics processing and such

and I am pretty sure my windows is up to date (95% sure)

Why don't I have the "Get Windows 10" app?

I might have a virus of some sort preventing me from getting this app.

I would really like to know why I do not have the app.

Also, I am running an OEM version of Windows 7 since I built this computer myself.

Spencer wants Windows 10, Nov 20, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 7 wants to download windows 10 no get out?

Brink, Nov 20, 2015
  5. Aurondium Win User
    Aurondium, Nov 21, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Nov 21, 2015
  7. Aurondium Win User
    Hi, Brink.

I haven't used that tutorial at all. Only just returned to this super site after a long gap.

You may not remember this old Scots codger, but you (and your tutorials) were extremely helpful when I built my own computer two years ago and activated it from scratch- never having done so before. It's working great- and Witcher3 is performing flawlessly.

I went for the Windows 10 upgrade a few months ago, but decided to revert to my Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and that's where I am now. I reverted because my 64 bit system seemed to have gone down to a 32 bit system with Windows 10 and I couldn't at that time figure out why.

However, from a quick browse here, I am beginning to twig it's possible to take the download (apparently at 32 bit) and then up the system back to its 64 bit status by following the steps in your appropriate tutorial- yes?

Let me digress for a second. I've just bought a Samsung 55" Curved LED that requires WiFi to use the Smart facility. I have no Wi Fi and my computer set-up is upstairs. I am thinking of switching to Windows 10 (64 bit) and also setting up WiFi. Presumably my existing set-up can handle both - can you tell from the User info given? Maybe I need more ram or whatever? Or build another system!! *SadWhat does Build 10586 mean below your avatar?

I'm in no rush to do this and if necessary can create a fresh thread for clarity. Forgive my rambling.

Aurondium, Nov 21, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 7 wants to download windows 10 no get out? - Similar Threads - wants download

2. I want a download pdf of surface go 3 laptop user manual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want a download pdf of surface go 3 laptop user manual: Where can i download a Surface go 3 laptop user manual? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-a-download-pdf-of-surface-go-3-laptop-user/86f89767-8dcf-4fb2-8193-4de9145bcc0f
  3. I want a download pdf of surface go 3 laptop user manual

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want a download pdf of surface go 3 laptop user manual: Where can i download a Surface go 3 laptop user manual? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-a-download-pdf-of-surface-go-3-laptop-user/86f89767-8dcf-4fb2-8193-4de9145bcc0f
  4. I want a download pdf of surface go 3 laptop user manual

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I don't want Windows 10 to download Windows 11, it's downloaded even after I told Windows I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't want Windows 10 to download Windows 11, it's downloaded even after I told Windows I...: All previously listed options bring up the error "Access is Denied". I don't know who needs to hear this: every time Microsoft tells me to upgrade to Windows 11, I hate Microsoft more. And at this point, I loathe Windows. Entirely. And never want Windows 11 on my personal...
  6. I don't want Windows 10 to download Windows 11, it's downloaded even after I told Windows I...

I don't want Windows 10 to download Windows 11, it's downloaded even after I told Windows I...: All previously listed options bring up the error "Access is Denied". I don't know who needs to hear this: every time Microsoft tells me to upgrade to Windows 11, I hate Microsoft more. And at this point, I loathe Windows. Entirely. And never want Windows 11 on my personal...
  7. I don't want Windows 10 to download Windows 11, it's downloaded even after I told Windows I...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. I did sync my stuff before I did a reset. I want my downloads back.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I did sync my stuff before I did a reset. I want my downloads back.: I sync all my stuff before I did a factory reset I want my stuff back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-did-sync-my-stuff-before-i-did-a-reset-i-want-my/383ef5ca-375a-4336-a2dd-5c5d03377227
  9. I did sync my stuff before I did a reset. I want my downloads back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I did sync my stuff before I did a reset. I want my downloads back.: I sync all my stuff before I did a factory reset I want my stuff back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-did-sync-my-stuff-before-i-did-a-reset-i-want-my/383ef5ca-375a-4336-a2dd-5c5d03377227
  10. I did sync my stuff before I did a reset. I want my downloads back.