Windows 10: Windows 7

Discus and support Windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I was able to rollback to Windows 7 by i believe uninstalling the preview. However I am still prompted to run the install again thru Windows Updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sparker781, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Windows 7

So I was able to rollback to Windows 7 by i believe uninstalling the preview. However I am still prompted to run the install again thru Windows Updates and it's getting really frustrating. I have hidden the update but it still shows up and it seems there's no way to really get rid of it....

Any Suggestions?

:)

sparker781, Jan 31, 2015
  2. 7#
    7# Win User

Nokia Lumia 900 windows 7.8. update

Information about this new update (windows 7.8.) I had 1-2 months ago .I decided to run it now on my phone from different computer in which I have "zune" ,but it only shows information that "no updates found". I opened settings->phone->update ,but there
    is text "current phone software version: 7.10 " and thats all .How can I update it?

3. Find my phone...

The 2 checkboxes are in WP8. My first 920 had them. My replacement does not.

Windows Phone 7 Agony, Jan 31, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Windows 7

WOW,, this has to be the first time I've heard of this.. well the second since you posted this before. Q: Did you do anything to your update settings to get this?? You might be able to fix this by adjusting the resistry..

Check this:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE => SOFTWARE => Microsoft => WindowsSelfHost => Screen pic:

Windows 7 [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Jan 31, 2015
  5. badrobot Win User
    Did you happen to install the WindowsTechnicalPreview.exe? You need to uninstall some KB files to stop being prompted for upgrade.

badrobot, Jan 31, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Good idea.. something had to occur for that to happen. I doubt that MS is pushing that update.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Jan 31, 2015
  7. if the exe file your refferring to was to check whether your system was able to handle it, then yes i did install that. I didn't think it would impact anything except tell me whether or not i could run the preview on my current configuration.

I think the update i need to uninstall is kb990214. Though I cannot seem to find anything online about it. I believe its the culprit since the install was on 1/31/2015

sparker781, Jan 31, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Windows 7

If you could post a screen shot of your update history that might help to figure out the KB's you need to remove.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Jan 31, 2015
  9. here is the screenshot with the update i posted above removed. I'll reboot my box and see what happens.

sparker781, Jan 31, 2015
  10. caperjack Win User
    I just did a rollback on win7starter ,but iam not getting any win-update yet to reinstall

caperjack, Jan 31, 2015
  11. badrobot Win User
    I think that's the KBID that you need to uninstall. Have you seen this article:

How To Cancel Windows 10 Technical Preview Installation After Running WindowsTechnicalPreview.exe | JohnHaller.com

badrobot, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 7