Windows 10: Windows 8.1 computer not showing in network on Windows 10 10049 system

Discus and support Windows 8.1 computer not showing in network on Windows 10 10049 system in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 3 computers on my network Windows 8.1 Pro X64 - named Desktop Windows 7 Pro X64 - named Webserver Windows 10 TP X64 build 10049 - named... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ztruker, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Ztruker Win User

Windows 8.1 computer not showing in network on Windows 10 10049 system

I have 3 computers on my network

Windows 8.1 Pro X64 - named Desktop
    Windows 7 Pro X64 - named Webserver
    Windows 10 TP X64 build 10049 - named Laptop

I can see all 3 computers on my network from Desktop and Webserver.
    I can see Webserver and Laptop from Laptop.
    I can not see Desktop on Laptop.
    I can see the Desktop shares on Laptop by entering \\Desktop in the address bar of Windows Explorer (Network).

I was able to see all computers from all computers before I upgraded to build 10049 and I believe I could see all from all even after the upgrade until last night.

Note: Just rebooted Laptop and now I see only Webserver, Laptop no longer shows.

These images are from Laptop:

Windows 8.1 computer not showing in network on Windows 10 10049 system [​IMG]

:)

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2015
  2. T Sumpter Win User

Sandisk 12 in 1 sddr-89 will not work or show in Windows 10 build 10049

Sandisk imagemate 12 in1 sddr-89 does not show on windows 10 build 10049 and it use to, what is the reason for it not showing anywhere in explore except for a few seconds and the disappears?

T Sumpter, Apr 5, 2015
  3. Freenas or Dune Player will not show in windows 10 network

Original Title: windows 10

Freenas or Dune Player will not show in windows 10 network. My 2 computers show in network. Network worked in windows 8.1

OrlandGuthrie, Apr 5, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Microsoft is in the middle of a huge network rewrite.. this was the reason why the IPv4 properties were disabled in 10049.

My guess is this should shake itself out in a few builds as they complete the work.

Mystere, Apr 5, 2015
  5. badrobot Win User
    Same problem here.
    I reinstalled 10041 and then upgraded to 10049. All is good now.

badrobot, Apr 5, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Okay, thanks, I'll wait as I can get to them, they are just not showing.
    Just realized I don't see them in net view either so it's got something to do with Computer Browser service.

Ztruker, Apr 6, 2015
  7. badrobot Win User
    But you can still add them manually using network address (IP address). They just don't show up automatically. Right click on "This PC" and select "Add a network location". You should know the IP addresses of your other PCs to do this.

badrobot, Apr 6, 2015
  8. Wynona Win User

<Whine> What do those of us who are not network savvy do in the meantime, Mystere? Is there any hope for us?

Wynona, Apr 9, 2015
  9. Wynona Win User
    Desperately trying to figure this network thing out, Robot! I can right click on This PC, but why do I need the IP addresses of my other PCs. (They're turned off for now). So, where do I get another IP address? Help!?!? Puhleeeeeeeeeeeze!

Wynona, Apr 9, 2015
  10. badrobot Win User
    You only do that if you want to connect and access files between PCs (network sharing).

badrobot, Apr 9, 2015
  11. Wynona Win User
    Oh. So there's no way I can do something to make Windows 10 stick to the Internet? *Sad

Wynona, Apr 9, 2015
  12. badrobot Win User
    Did you try installing the original network driver?
    Did you try connecting via ethernet cable (wired) if you have the same problem?

badrobot, Apr 9, 2015
  13. Wynona Win User

I connected the Ethernet cable and things went from bad to worse, Robot. *Sad I'm almost finished downloading the Ralink Wireless Network Controller Driver and hope that'll help somewhat. I notice that it was updated in May 2014, and I know I haven't ever updated it, so we'll see if I have the same luck with it as I did with sound on the laptop. Got 27.6 MB of 30.4 MB downloaded.

Guess I'll have to go into Windows 8.1 and do the same? I know it will install there.

Edit:

The download completed and I was told I have the wrong system for it. Right computer; wrong OS. *Mad So downloading and installing by itself doesn't work for Network drivers.

I'm stuck until Microsoft fixes networking stuff. *Sad

Wynona, Apr 9, 2015
  14. badrobot Win User
    Are you saying that both Win 10 & 8.1 have the same connection issue?

badrobot, Apr 9, 2015
  15. Wynona Win User
    No, I am relying on Windows 8.1 to get onto the Internet when Windows 10 completely refuses to cooperate. *Smile

So no connection problem with Windows 8.1.

Note that I've edited my post to say I couldn't install the network drivers on 10049. *Sad

Wynona, Apr 9, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 8.1 computer not showing in network on Windows 10 10049 system - Similar Threads - computer showing network

2. Can 1 computer show up as 2 different computers on a network?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can 1 computer show up as 2 different computers on a network?: We have an xfinity router and an orbi, both secured networks. There are times that I see 2 laptops with different ip addresses and different mac addresses logged onto xfinity when there is only 1 that I am aware of supposed to be connected. Other times it shows one of the...
  3. Can 1 computer show up as 2 different computers on a network?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can 1 computer show up as 2 different computers on a network?: We have an xfinity router and an orbi, both secured networks. There are times that I see 2 laptops with different ip addresses and different mac addresses logged onto xfinity when there is only 1 that I am aware of supposed to be connected. Other times it shows one of the...
  4. Windows 10 Pro network will not show on network computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro network will not show on network computers: I installed win 10 pro and have been unable to share files or folders in my privat network.Tried lots of tips from youtube no effectAll other computers work and share just one is blocked.Help!!!!...
  5. Windows 10 Network Drives/Computers Not Showing

Windows 10 Network Drives/Computers Not Showing: I am aware of many other questions/suggestions about this. I have tried many. Sorry if this seems a repeat but the solutions/suggestions to the other entries do not seem to work, well not permanently, anyway. On two computers now on Windows 10 build 2004 laptop and 20H2...
  6. Windows 10 Control panel shows as "Control panel (1)" as does computer "Computer (1)"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Control panel shows as "Control panel (1)" as does computer "Computer (1)": My keyboard also randomly types the v key out. Lets say I go play the ps4 for like 4 hours and come back, my computer would have typed vvvvvvvvbvvvv by itself, note the single b. Have tried reinstalling keyboard drivers and have ensured sticky keys is not on. Are these two...
  7. Computer 1 visible to network but network not visible to Computer 1

Computer 1 visible to network but network not visible to Computer 1: I have a simple home network with multiple devices connected to it. On the network I have have several external hard drives connected thru my ASUS router. These hard drives are visible to all computers on the network with the exception of a laptop running Windows 10. All...
  8. Network Computer Windows 10 Shows No Folders

Network Computer Windows 10 Shows No Folders: A Dell laptop running Windows 10 is set up on my home network. It is seen by my Dell desktop in File Explorer under Network. When clicking on the icon for this computer, it goes to it but displays no folders. The really strange thing is that when looking at file explorer...
  9. Network Sharing Windows 8 with Windows 10

Network Sharing Windows 8 with Windows 10: After the last Windows 10 update yesterday, my husband and I cannot figure out how to share on our network. He has Windows 8 and I have 10. We've always been able to figure out Network sharing and/or homegroup. I understand homegroup is gone. My husband set up a Microsoft...
  10. Windows 10 & 8 Network Issue

Windows 10 & 8 Network Issue: Hello; My name is John and I'm glad I found this forum and wish everyone well. My issue is my new HP PC running Windows 10. It is a desktop PC. I also have a 3 year old Lenovo PC running Windows 8 which I use strictly for music production in my small MIDI studio. My new...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Will my sandisk imagemate 12 in 1 sddr 89 v3 work on windows 10 pro