Windows 10: Windows 8.1 Enterprise -- Now switching to W10

Discus and support Windows 8.1 Enterprise -- Now switching to W10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there Now that I can run Win 10 at least until OCTOBER (build 9926 extends till oct 1st) I am ditching my Win 8.1 Enterprise system -- was an old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Jan 27, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Windows 8.1 Enterprise -- Now switching to W10

Hi there

Now that I can run Win 10 at least until OCTOBER (build 9926 extends till oct 1st) I am ditching my Win 8.1 Enterprise system -- was an old TechNet copy anyway. Windows 8.1 while better than 8 isn't going anywhere either.

The only thing I wanted on Enterprise was the Windows to Go - but I've since "replicated" that by running a W10 VM on an external SSD which runs just fine so I don't really need te Windows to Go system any more either.

At full release time I can use a Windows 7 Ultimate to get my Free upgrade so the only thing I'm losing are the Language Interface packs but they will re-appear later.

Build 9926 WITH the latest updates and Brinks start menu modifications works just fine.

I prefer the start menu of build 9879 to to new one - Mod shows how to use the old one and also have dynamic menu switching from Start menu to Start screen - fine if you are in tablet mode.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 27, 2015
  2. RyanMetin Win User

I am not able to see Get Windows 10 app on Windows 8.1 Enterprise to reserve upgrade to Windows 10

Original title: From 8.1 Enterprise to 10 Pro

I don't care to carry on with Enterprise - and since I run Enterprise I can't see the Reserve Windows button. I'm ready to upgrade to 10 now, but I want to make sure I end up on Pro when it's released. Is there anything I should do or know before I go ahead
    and upgrade early / switch to Pro?

RyanMetin, Jan 27, 2015
  3. bjm__ Win User
    W10 automatic silent updates after W10 upgrade.

I have not installed Windows Updates via Automatic for years.

I have selectively on my time table on my terms installed WinSecurity updates.

W10 Home,..... I may Schedule Restart.

W10 Pro,.... I may change via GPE Auto to Notify

W10 Enterprise,..... I may do what ever I want.

If W10 forced updates is Microsoft's gift to security then why can Pro change Auto to Notify and why can Enterprise do what ever.

W10 default peer to peer alone is enough for me to express harsh feelings against W10.

W10 default telemetry alone is enough for me to express harsh feelings against W10.

Monetizing my activity is far from protecting me.

Hey, if forced updates is a break-thru towards protection.

What took M$ so long.

Oh, and why can Enterprise do what ever Enterprise want.

Seems those darn corporate enterprises are getting hacked more that little ol' me.

bjm__, Jan 27, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Hey Jimbo,
    Keep in mind there's a bunch of features that don't exist and/or don't work on the Enterprise version, for instance, I don't think Cortana works at all, there's no Feedback or Insider's Hub apps. There may be a couple I missed, just food for thought. *Smile

Edwin, Jan 27, 2015
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

I was talking about ditching W8.1 Enterprise -- I'm not going to install W10 Enterprise unless for some reason I need it. The "Normal" version seems fine for me now I've got an "alternative Windows to Go". In any case the Virtual Machine will run on ANY host whether Linux or Windows and I haven't had any problems booting up the CENTOS 7 HOST on the external SSD on a whole variety of different hardware. If you do this though create a NON UEFI version for maximum flexibility.

I'm still interested to see what the final SKU's will be -- the HOME PREMIUM versions of previous OS'es were just too limited though. I'd have to have the PRO level at a minimum.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 27, 2015
  6. Superfly Win User
    Funnily enough, this is exactly what I plan doing later this evening - just got a new SSD - so clean install Win10 Pro (the pleasing thing as well is that the watermark is almost not noticeable) ...and all the other stuff including dual Linux and all it's mods as well... Happy days.

Superfly, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 8.1 Enterprise -- Now switching to W10 - Similar Threads - Enterprise switching W10

2. Windows switched into Enterprise from Pro after using the reset function on W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows switched into Enterprise from Pro after using the reset function on W10: So, i had been getting a lot of Blue Screen Erros and i decided to reset my windows. When I did this the first time through the local files available to reset it, it said it was not able because somefiles corrupt or missing i dont quite remember so i used the option to...
  3. Windows switched into Enterprise from Pro after using the reset function on W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows switched into Enterprise from Pro after using the reset function on W10: So, i had been getting a lot of Blue Screen Erros and i decided to reset my windows. When I did this the first time through the local files available to reset it, it said it was not able because somefiles corrupt or missing i dont quite remember so i used the option to...
  4. Windows switched into Enterprise from Pro after using the reset function on W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Error code: 1-8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error code: 1-8: A few months ago I bought the virtual reality headset hp reverb g2 and after a week i did not playing them I had the error 8-1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-1-8/528667d3-0819-45b7-8cf4-848089f68983
  6. AdoptOpenJDK 8 issue on Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Customization
    AdoptOpenJDK 8 issue on Windows 10 Enterprise: AdoptOpenJDK version: 8u275-b01 OS Version: 10.0.18363 N/A Build 18363 When I try to start Cassandra, I get this error message: Exception java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError encountered during startup:...
  7. change to Windows 8 from W10

change to Windows 8 from W10: I have been using Verizon messages but new computer came with W10 and that is not compatible with Verizon messages. What do I need to do to revert to Windows 8 which will allow Verizon messages. I am not computer savvy so a step by step is most appreciated. Thank you...
  8. W10 Enterprise instead of W10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Enterprise instead of W10 Pro: I have new laptop Acer Aspire. It was bought with OEM W10Home. Then I have ordered and paid licence for W10Pro. At the last form of purchasing process is button "Install". I pushed it. After restart there is W10Enterprise. Now I am not able to activate it nor to change it to...
  9. No puedo instalar Samsung smart switch en mi PC con W10 Enterprise

No puedo instalar Samsung smart switch en mi PC con W10 Enterprise: Tenía Smart switch instalado con W8.1 y funcionaba bien. Tras actualizar a W10 Enterprise no lo encuentro y no me deja instalarlo de nuevo. Primero dio error "configuración en paralelo no es correcta". Ya he reinstalado Visual C++ 2008 x86 y x64. Ahora da error "no se...
  10. Windows 7 and 8 users are now able to reserve their free copy of W10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 7 and 8 users are now able to reserve their free copy of W10: [img] Microsoft has started advertising Windows 10 to users of Windows 7 and 8 with the window that you see above. First noted by a user on Reddit, this window is now being reported by multiple users that Microsoft is allowing them to reserve a copy of the OS for free....