Windows 10: Windows 8.1 installation disc for a friend

Discus and support Windows 8.1 installation disc for a friend in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have 8.1. For future reinstallation, I downloaded and burned an ISO from here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...-refresh-media What I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chrono, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Chrono Win User

Windows 8.1 installation disc for a friend

I have 8.1. For future reinstallation, I downloaded and burned an ISO from here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...-refresh-media

What I want to know is if this will work for a friend's computer and I can just use his Windows 8 product key to activate it, or is this installation media tied to my product key?

Edit: Probably should have posted this at eight forums. My bad.

:)

Chrono, Jul 21, 2015
  2. Seanmiz Win User

Windows 10 upgrade Product Key????

I had this problem on a friend's laptop that I was trying to upgrade via the DVD that I had burned for my own system.

I have now realized the issue, in my case, is that I am trying to use a Win 10 Pro x64 disc to upgrade a Win 8.1 standard x64 installation. Make sure you are using the proper version of the iso for the OS you are trying to upgrade as it's not a universal
    disc like a retail disc would be.

Seanmiz, Jul 21, 2015
  3. JimWynne Win User
    can't activate my windows 10

What do you mean by "...installed windows 10 from a friend..."? Did you do a clean installation from a disc or flash drive?

JimWynne, Jul 21, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

Yes you can use that media on his PC and Yes you can use his windows 8 key..
    As long as the media edition matches the installation key (Pro edition - Pro key) (Core edition - Core Key)

Thema:

1. Windows 8.1 installation disc for a friend - Similar Threads - installation disc friend

2. Installation of Windows 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation of Windows 8: I’m trying to install windows 8.1 on a Windows 7 computer and I don’t have a product key for it and it’s asking me for product key so I’m using a product key that is from the Internet and it has zeros or o in it and I don’t know how to put them in because it doesn’t support...
  3. Installation of Windows 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installation of Windows 8: I’m trying to install windows 8.1 on a Windows 7 computer and I don’t have a product key for it and it’s asking me for product key so I’m using a product key that is from the Internet and it has zeros or o in it and I don’t know how to put them in because it doesn’t support...
  4. Windows Installation Disc Problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Installation Disc Problem.: I will try to use the disc and when ever i use it, it just shows up as a black screen and a loading circle. I have NO idea on what to do. I cannot find anything online covering this problem. Is there a fix to this problem? submitted by /u/TheLORDBrad101 [link] [comments]...
  5. Error code: 1-8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code: 1-8: A few months ago I bought the virtual reality headset hp reverb g2 and after a week i did not playing them I had the error 8-1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-1-8/528667d3-0819-45b7-8cf4-848089f68983
  6. Error code: 1-8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error code: 1-8: A few months ago I bought the virtual reality headset hp reverb g2 and after a week i did not playing them I had the error 8-1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-1-8/528667d3-0819-45b7-8cf4-848089f68983
  7. Installation Disc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installation Disc: So I'm building a computer and I needed an installation of Windows 10 Pro so I can run VMs. Does the Windows 10 media creation tool include all versions of Windows 10, and based on what key you get, it shows what features you get? I just want to make sure I get the right...
  8. windows installation disc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows installation disc: I had windows already installed loop constant recovery...getting error message to reinstall windows. ubtube states windows has an option use an usb stick as to recovery can't find windows page but can't find it..found it but lost the page....
  9. Is CryptoPrevent 8 user friendly?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is CryptoPrevent 8 user friendly?: I didn't get around to updating to version 8 as this program is easy to forget you have... Now I have reinstalled Windows I will probably reinstall it. I recall someone saying version 8 was not so user friendly as the old version, is that true? Is it still a good additional...
  10. windows 8 install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 8 install: Hi if I purchase windows 8 full can I install it over windows 10 thanks 9897