Windows 10: Windows 8.1 tablet upgraded

Discus and support Windows 8.1 tablet upgraded in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a HP Stream 7 5700na that had windows 8.1 installed. I purchased as it was cheap at the time & I thought how bad could windows 8.1 be on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VsUK1981, Aug 2, 2015.

1. VsUK1981 Win User

Windows 8.1 tablet upgraded

I have a HP Stream 7 5700na that had windows 8.1 installed. I purchased as it was cheap at the time & I thought how bad could windows 8.1 be on a tablet. Well I barely used it because I hated it. Everything was small & very sensitive trying to close tabs, open settings & other things seemed very slow also.

Well, I took a risk & I downloaded the media creation tool from MS, selected to Upgrade & let to do its thing. It took around an hour to download & install but once done when presented after the welcome screen the windows menu was permanently open like you couldn't have the desktop on its own. I thought damn it was a failure. But to mu surprise after restarting the tablet WOW is all I can say. Its actually the tab section of the windows 10, no desktop & everything you need is clear & easy to access & whats more, its damn fast.

Doing a bit of research & the HP Stream 7 5700na was discontinued & prices fell because of the poor performance with windows 8.1 on it but with windows 10 it zips like its on ice & its actually enjoyable to use.

Very happy & if anyone has a windows 8.1 tablet they they want to try & suggest you do because it puts a whole new level of usability to it!

:)

VsUK1981, Aug 2, 2015

2. Installing Windows 10 on tablet

Original Title: windos10 for tablets

I have a hp tablet with windows 8.1.can I upgrade to windows10??

gonzaloproano, Aug 2, 2015
  3. HuwClarke Win User
    if you have Windows 8.1 Home, then the upgrade would be to Windows 10 Home?

Original Title:

Windows 10 Upgrade on a Tablet

I currently have a Tablet running Windows 10 Technical Preview, but prior to that, I was running Windows 8.1 Home. I understand Windows 10 mobile is designed specifically for phones and tablets, but from my understanding about the upgrade, if you have Windows
    8.1 Home, then the upgrade would be to Windows 10 Home. Is is possible to change the version from Home to Mobile during the Windows 10 upgrade to suit the device and potentially decrease the amount of storage required for the OS?

HuwClarke, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Windows 8.1 tablet upgraded

1. Windows 8.1 tablet upgraded - Similar Threads - tablet upgraded

2. Is it possible to upgrade the Ram and processor for the Fusion 5 FWIN232 PRO S3 tablet so I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to upgrade the Ram and processor for the Fusion 5 FWIN232 PRO S3 tablet so I...: I’m trying to be able to play games on the Fusion 5 FWIN PRO S3 tablet but I’m also trying to research information if I can upgrade the Ram from 8 to whatever the device can support but also upgrade the processor for the tablet so it runs smoother and better so I can game...
  3. Is it possible to upgrade the Ram and processor for the Fusion 5 FWIN232 PRO S3 tablet so I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to upgrade the Ram and processor for the Fusion 5 FWIN232 PRO S3 tablet so I...: I’m trying to be able to play games on the Fusion 5 FWIN PRO S3 tablet but I’m also trying to research information if I can upgrade the Ram from 8 to whatever the device can support but also upgrade the processor for the tablet so it runs smoother and better so I can game...
  4. How do I upgrade my tablet from Windows 8.1 to 10?

How do I upgrade my tablet from Windows 8.1 to 10?: How do I upgrade my laptop from 8.1 to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upgrade-my-tablet-from-windows-81-to-10/a1d33da1-513c-4b3a-b833-fc665ae0ca14
  5. How do I upgrade my tablet from Windows 8.1 to 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I upgrade my tablet from Windows 8.1 to 10?: How do I upgrade my laptop from 8.1 to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upgrade-my-tablet-from-windows-81-to-10/a1d33da1-513c-4b3a-b833-fc665ae0ca14
  6. Linx 1020 Tablet Windows Upgrade Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Linx 1020 Tablet Windows Upgrade Issue: Hi, I have a Linx 1020 tablet which I'm trying to update to Windows 20H2. This fails and, eventually, I get a Windows message telling me that the Update has failed and that I should contact my manufacturer to obtain a Bios upgrade. Does this mean that 20H2 can't be installed...
  7. Tablet function on HP convertible laptop no longer working after upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet function on HP convertible laptop no longer working after upgrade to Windows 11: The tablet function on my HP convertible laptop is not working since I upgraded to Windows 11. With Windows 10, I could fold the main body and screen together and use the laptop as a regular tablet. This is no longer working in Windows !!. Anyone else have a similar problem?...
  8. Tablet function on HP convertible laptop no longer working after upgrade to Windows 11

Tablet function on HP convertible laptop no longer working after upgrade to Windows 11: The tablet function on my HP convertible laptop is not working since I upgraded to Windows 11. With Windows 10, I could fold the main body and screen together and use the laptop as a regular tablet. This is no longer working in Windows !!. Anyone else have a similar problem?...
  9. Win 11 upgrade on modest tablet device...

Win 11 upgrade on modest tablet device...: 2015....upgraded on tablet win 8.1 to Home 10.1.....tablet equipped with SD Card 64GB. Installer was instructed to place install component files on the SD until needed by installer....this gave the adequate space needed C drive had 28 gb usable Install completed normally and...
  10. Win 11 upgrade on modest tablet device...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 upgrade on modest tablet device...: 2015....upgraded on tablet win 8.1 to Home 10.1.....tablet equipped with SD Card 64GB. Installer was instructed to place install component files on the SD until needed by installer....this gave the adequate space needed C drive had 28 gb usable Install completed normally and...