Windows 10: Windows 8/10 boot screen

Discus and support Windows 8/10 boot screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The boot screen looks kind of depressing. Either you're outside in the dark looking at a window illuminated by a video screen, or you're inside a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Greywolf, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Greywolf Win User

Windows 8/10 boot screen

The boot screen looks kind of depressing. Either you're outside in the dark looking at a window illuminated by a video screen, or you're inside a dungeon (or a troglodyte cave) looking out at the blue sky of the outside world.

...could they possibly be more bleak? *Sad I really don't understand the gravitation toward the simplistic, and I sure hope the flat look doesn't last forever. It's so...flat.

:)

Greywolf, Aug 3, 2015

2. windows 8 boot

windows 7 boot screen differs from windows 8 boot screen as I believe windows 10 boot screen to differ

PeterMcConville, Aug 3, 2015
  3. disalarms Win User
    Log onto win 10 automaticly.

Original title : win 10 boot up \ start screen

When my computer boots up I get the "Windows 10 OS" and I get Install\repair windows 8" the computer sits on the screen until win 10 is click. The win 8 option just takes me to another screen.

I went to msconfig & then the Boot tab but all it shows is the windows 10

How do I remove the other option, so when the computer reboots it logs onto win 10 automaticly

disalarms, Aug 3, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Windows 8/10 boot screen

Well, I recently downloaded a utility called 8ootLogoChanger which does work in Windows 8 & 8.1 (it loads OK, shows the default boot screen) but I didn't wanted to test it in my real Windows 8.1 PC. I'd rather test it on a virtual PC first. Unfortunately, when tried to run it in a Windows 10 Pro machine I got an error and when opened I didn't see the original boot screen, so I didn't risk changing it. It was someone else's notebook and I wouldn't like to cause any problem. So does anybody knows of a similar utility for Windows 10? Please? Pretty please?

spapakons, Sep 27, 2015
  5. XweAponX Win User
    There was a utility made by Stardock that I used once to change a Windows 7 Boot Logo. I wanted it to look like the LCARS workstations on Trek. It worked for about a week, then something went whack and it reverted my bootlogo to that ugly Vista style loader.

The Moral of the story is, be careful with these BootLogo utilities, read all the info you can find about them before you apply, and make sure you can revert to the original Bootlogo. Cos my Windows 7 machine STILL uses that incredibly ugly Vista loader.

I love the Windows 7 loader, it's the perfect balance of simplicity and animation. If only I could get that back. I'd suggest avoiding any tools made by Stardock for any Boot imagery,

XweAponX, Sep 27, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    Well, I tried 8ootLogoChanger in a Windows 8.1 32-bit virtual machine. I loaded it as administrator, so it should have full access to the relevant files. It showed me the original logo and I then loaded a picture showing a colorful Windows orb, which I much prefer over the too-simple cyan windows logo. I then created the file successfully and tried to replace it with the original. The replacement was "successful" but in reality the original files were only backup and removed without being replaced by the new files. This had as a result a totally black boot screen with white spinning dots! Fortunately I was able to restore the original boot screen. I wonder what I did wrong. Maybe I must find a how to guide to see what I'm missing... And as already said, this doesn't work in Windows 10.

spapakons, Sep 27, 2015
  7. That's why (besides the fact I'm lazy and don't want to type a PW) I bypass the login screen altogether by running the netplwiz command. *Smile

fracking4oil, Sep 27, 2015
  8. spapakons Win User

Windows 8/10 boot screen

Yes, but we are talking about the boot screen, the one with the cyan windows logo in the black background and the spinning dots when you first switch on the computer. For the login screen (the one you click your account icon to login), I found a utility that did work in Windows 10 (in fact it's for Windows 10 only, doesn't work in 8) and changed the default picture to a much better. I have seen many notebooks and OEM computers having an HP or Acer or whatever logo in Windows 8, so I thought why not being able to change the default boot logo to something you like. Even the old Windows 98 logo is much preferable than the cyan windows logo in a black screen! *Smile I would rather have a rich colorful interface rather than the as simple as it gets Microsoft has lately adopted. The icons in Windows 10 Insider's Preview were too ugly that everyone complained to Microsoft and they made them a lot better for RTM. That's why I keep installing Windows 7 over 8 in some computers. Unless the customer needs the Metro interface and the new Windows apps, I see no reason installing Windows 8 or 10. For the time being all devices and applications work perfectly in 7. Of course customer has the last word...

spapakons, Sep 27, 2015
  9. Oh, you mean the screen that flashes on screen for a whole half second? *really

fracking4oil, Sep 27, 2015
  10. spapakons Win User
    What? In a computer with standard hard disk you can see it for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. I guess you have an SSD that's why you see it too little. And yes, I'm talking about the first screen you see when loading Windows, not the first screen before you see your desktop. I don't restart my computer too often, but when I do, I hate the simple cyan windows logo. I wish I could replace it with something better. Microsoft was too lazy to make a new boot screen in Windows 10 and used the same as in Windows 8 and 8.1

spapakons, Sep 27, 2015
  11. spapakons Win User
    Hello! Is there any utility yet to change this:

Windows 8/10 boot screen [​IMG]

into something better, such as this?

Windows 8/10 boot screen [​IMG]

As said before, 8ootLogoChanger doesn't work in Windows 10. It displays an error during loading and I wouldn't dare try it. Anything else that does work in Windows 10? Please?

spapakons, Nov 4, 2015
  12. Pendaws Win User
    I had the same issue and yet the programme is called W10 Background changer.
    Downloaded the LATEST version, 1.2.0.0 and I get an error then shut down, pity.

Pendaws, Nov 4, 2015
  13. spapakons Win User

Windows 8/10 boot screen

Please try to run it as Administrator (right-click and Run as Administrator) since it is going to change some system files and needs full access. Report here if it works and give us download links. Thank you.

spapakons, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 8/10 boot screen

1. Windows 8/10 boot screen - Similar Threads - boot screen

2. MyLaptop went to Boot screen after the microsoft update. I need to repair it for $280...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MyLaptop went to Boot screen after the microsoft update. I need to repair it for $280...: MyLaptop went to Boot screen after the microsoft update. I need to repair it for $280 dollars. when I ask microsoft, they denied and simply said that they don't have to do anything with it. Is that fair?...
  3. MyLaptop went to Boot screen after the microsoft update. I need to repair it for $280...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MyLaptop went to Boot screen after the microsoft update. I need to repair it for $280...: MyLaptop went to Boot screen after the microsoft update. I need to repair it for $280 dollars. when I ask microsoft, they denied and simply said that they don't have to do anything with it. Is that fair?...
  4. PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11: Basically the title. I upgraded my PC from win10 to win11 and now when it restarted, it only shows a black screen. When I force restarted my PC, everything turns on but my monitor only shows a black screen, doesn't even show the prompts for the motherboard since it is...
  5. PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11

PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11: Basically the title. I upgraded my PC from win10 to win11 and now when it restarted, it only shows a black screen. When I force restarted my PC, everything turns on but my monitor only shows a black screen, doesn't even show the prompts for the motherboard since it is...
  6. I have a blue screen error that shows the stop code: Inaccessible boot device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have a blue screen error that shows the stop code: Inaccessible boot device.: I started looking for advanced repair and from command prompt I scanned. Now it shows this message. What should I do next.X:\Windows\System32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100%...
  7. I have a blue screen error that shows the stop code: Inaccessible boot device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a blue screen error that shows the stop code: Inaccessible boot device.: I started looking for advanced repair and from command prompt I scanned. Now it shows this message. What should I do next.X:\Windows\System32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100%...
  8. I have a blue screen error that shows the stop code: Inaccessible boot device.

9. how to fix blue screen unmountable boot volume on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix blue screen unmountable boot volume on windows 11?: Please answer me soon, how to fix the blue screen, when I turn on the laptop it shows the company logo, then the blue screen, then restarts and the same action repeats, stop code: unmountable boot volume and on windows 11...
  10. how to fix blue screen unmountable boot volume on windows 11?

how to fix blue screen unmountable boot volume on windows 11?: Please answer me soon, how to fix the blue screen, when I turn on the laptop it shows the company logo, then the blue screen, then restarts and the same action repeats, stop code: unmountable boot volume and on windows 11...