Windows 10: Windows 8 cd key

Discus and support Windows 8 cd key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Sorry guys trying to go back to Windows 8 , anyway u can find to cd key from Windows 10 ? 45831 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by able6able6, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Windows 8 cd key

Sorry guys trying to go back to Windows 8 , anyway u can find to cd key from Windows 10 ?

:)

able6able6, Mar 31, 2016

2. Qualifying for Windows 10 free upgrade

A while ago when I purchased a new laptop I purchased from the vendor an OEM version of Windows 8 to go with it which I installed. I subsequently purchased and installed a retail version of an upgrade to Windows 8 Pro (and subsequently installed the free
    upgrade to 8.1 Pro). A search (Magical Jelly Bean Key Finder) of my Windows shows:

Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Centre

Installed from "Compliance Checked Product" media

Product ID: 0018*-900**-78***-AB1** (some letter/numbers replaced by me with asterisks for security) match to CD Key data

CD Key: the CD Key of the Window 8 Pro upgrade

There seems to be no evidence of the original Windows 8 OEM version installation, only of the retail version upgrade to Win 8 Pro. So will I get a free upgrade to a retail version of Windows 10 Pro ?

BarryLangley, Mar 31, 2016
  3. RoopeK Win User
    Can't install OEM Windows - Need the cd-key for Win10

Hi!

Short story:

Bought my Lenovo Y500 brand new from store,

This computer came with Windows 8 OEM, Did not like Windows 8 (it was just published then)

Installed Windows 7 in to the computer, this was on my SDD(in the mSata slot). I deleted the Windows 8(not the installation files, only the installed OS).

Now I don't have Windows 8 on my computer but would love to get the original, real OEM cd-key for my

Windows 10 install. I read somewhere that I cannot use the cd-key in Windows 10 until I install the Windows 8

and update it to Windows 10. This somehow registers the hardware and cd-key to Microsoft. True?

Problem: How can I install the Windows 8 from my hard drive? When I take the SDD out and only have the

original 2.5 HDD it says "cannot boot". This is logical because there is no Windows installed. F12 at the start just takes me to boot dialog where I just have the HDD with no Windows.

So how can I access the files of original OEM Windows? I have all the original Windows 8 OEM files in the HDD. I even have

the OEM cd-key in a picture but it doesn't work for Windows 10 installation. Should it work?

I have cd-rom via usb if needed and 8GB usb stick.

RoopeK, Mar 31, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Windows 8 cd key

If it was an upgrade, you can use Showkey plus:
    Showkey - Windows 10 Forums

NavyLCDR, Mar 31, 2016
  5. Are you wanting the Windows 8 key or Windows 10 key? If you did the free upgrade, that PC now has a digital entitlement. You just install that same version of Windows 10 and click skip when asked for a key. It will activate with the digital entitlement. The key that goes with the digital entitlement is a generic key. There is one for Pro, one for Home, one for SL etc. You don't really need it.

If that PC shipped from the factory with Windows 8 or 8.1 on it, that key is embedded in the BIOS. Windows 8.1 install media will read it and use it automatically, assuming you use the correct install media. showkey should show you your embedded key and what version of Windows 8 or 8.1 its for.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 8 cd key

1. Windows 8 cd key - Similar Threads - key

2. Windows Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Product Key: Hi, I bought a Sager Gaming Laptop for college about a year ago and have had the issue of it having say "Activate Windows".I've also had the error code 0xC004F213, which says I have no product key on the device despite the computer itself saying it has it. I never got an...
  3. Windows Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Product Key: Hi, I bought a Sager Gaming Laptop for college about a year ago and have had the issue of it having say "Activate Windows".I've also had the error code 0xC004F213, which says I have no product key on the device despite the computer itself saying it has it. I never got an...
  4. not have product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    not have product key: activate free key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-have-product-key/86260df3-08bc-4e1a-8322-41fb003881b9
  5. not have product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not have product key: activate free key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-have-product-key/86260df3-08bc-4e1a-8322-41fb003881b9
  6. not have product key

7. Windows licence key transfer from a dead pc to a new.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows licence key transfer from a dead pc to a new.: Hello, ı have bought windows 8 pro Licence key at past and around 1 year later I have free upgraded it to windows 10. Now, that desktop computer has a severe problem with motherboard and not even starting. So that ı cannot reach windows to unregister the license key. Now I am...
  8. Windows licence key transfer from a dead pc to a new.

Windows licence key transfer from a dead pc to a new.: Hello, ı have bought windows 8 pro Licence key at past and around 1 year later I have free upgraded it to windows 10. Now, that desktop computer has a severe problem with motherboard and not even starting. So that ı cannot reach windows to unregister the license key. Now I am...
  9. Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows: I can't activate Windows 11 Pro with the key that I purchased for it after doing a clean install of Windows. It remains stuck at Windows 11 Home Edition.Can someone assist?...
  10. Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows

Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows: I can't activate Windows 11 Pro with the key that I purchased for it after doing a clean install of Windows. It remains stuck at Windows 11 Home Edition.Can someone assist?...