Windows 10: Windows 8 Pro vs Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Windows 8 Pro vs Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I purchased my new computer a little over a year ago, I wanted to get Widows 8 Professional, but was told that I couldn't buy it outright, I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jayniac, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Jayniac Win User

Windows 8 Pro vs Windows 10 Pro

When I purchased my new computer a little over a year ago, I wanted to get Widows 8 Professional, but was told that I couldn't buy it outright, I could only lease it.

Now I see Windows 10 Professional FOR SALE! Will I buy it? I don't know -BUT - If Windows 8 Professional had been on my computer, my free upgrade would have been to Windows 10 Professional, so I feel a bit cheated.

Does anyone know what's going on?

:)

Jayniac, Nov 22, 2015
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 22, 2015
  3. Storage Spaces Win10 vs Server 2016

Hi all,

Is there any documentation on the advantages of Storage Spaces in server 2016 vs Windows 10 Pro. Any additional features or more robust underlying tech that makes it better in the Server OS. Cost of Pro vs server standard is not a problem in this case
    with 2 nvme and 8 sata ssds in a system.

Ryan_Siforce, Nov 22, 2015
  4. pparks1 Win User

Windows 8 Pro was always for sale to customers. You could have bought it. Unsure why you would have been told that.

pparks1, Nov 22, 2015
  5. sn00ker Win User
    Maybe you were misinformed . You can't own windows but rather pay to use it with a license and that's what you're paying a license fees to use windows . So when you buy a copy of windows whether its windows xp or 7 or 8 or even 10 you get a software copy with a license to use it . Though you could of bought a copy of windows 8 pro software ( License )

sn00ker, Nov 22, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Do you still have a Windows 8 Pro product key? I have a product key that allows me to upgrade Windows 8 Home to Pro. So what I had to do was install Windows 8 Home. Upgrade that Pro using the product key I have. Then do an in place upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. That gave me the digital entitlement for Windows 10 Pro which I could then re-install whenever I wanted.

NavyLCDR, Nov 22, 2015
  7. Teddy Win User
    As NavyLCDR wrote, If you have a Windows 8 key, you can use it to activate Windows 10 for free.
    If you have Windows 8 installed already, you can upgrade to Windows 10 for free.

If you do not have Win8 installed and do not have a key, then there is no way around it - you'll have to buy Windows 10.
    (it is not actually free officially, they just "choose to offer it for free" to select customers who have previous Windows).

Teddy, Nov 23, 2015
  8. Windows 8 Pro vs Windows 10 Pro

I'm curious to know who told you that Windows 8 was only available to lease. I wouldn't do business with that person anymore.

DeaconFrost, Nov 23, 2015
  9. sn00ker Win User
    Probably some idiot at Dell ... I'm curious to know what Jayiac is using for an operating system ?

sn00ker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 8 Pro vs Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Pro Pro

2. Window 10 pro installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 pro installation: I have Dell laptop core-i7 8th generation, How to install windows 10 pro on my laptop , I try money times but I can’t .Please anyone can help with me.I downloaded about 7 windows ISO files but no one Is working on my laptop....
  3. Window 10 pro installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 pro installation: I have Dell laptop core-i7 8th generation, How to install windows 10 pro on my laptop , I try money times but I can’t .Please anyone can help with me.I downloaded about 7 windows ISO files but no one Is working on my laptop....
  4. Window 10 pro installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Asus setup does not support OS WNT_10.0H_64 on windows 10 pro, tried many things I go onto...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus setup does not support OS WNT_10.0H_64 on windows 10 pro, tried many things I go onto...: motherboard is b650e-f gaming Wi-Fi and the processor is amd 7900x, for some reason when I go onto the driver's section of Asus the lan driver is for intel it says but those are the only ones so I don't know if that is the problem and wouldn't know how to fix it. I'am also...
  6. Asus setup does not support OS WNT_10.0H_64 on windows 10 pro, tried many things I go onto...

Asus setup does not support OS WNT_10.0H_64 on windows 10 pro, tried many things I go onto...: motherboard is b650e-f gaming Wi-Fi and the processor is amd 7900x, for some reason when I go onto the driver's section of Asus the lan driver is for intel it says but those are the only ones so I don't know if that is the problem and wouldn't know how to fix it. I'am also...
  7. Asus setup does not support OS WNT_10.0H_64 on windows 10 pro, tried many things I go onto...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Window 11 Pro keeps asking for activation every start up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 Pro keeps asking for activation every start up.: Any solution?The details are attached as a picturehttps://zenithconsultants-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/personal/alagha_zenith-consultants_com/EQRPnXDfZ7lMjlTWyTF9clYBQLcFK73yqeK0gNSU4I-Hag?e=VJmvWC...
  9. Window 11 Pro keeps asking for activation every start up.

Window 11 Pro keeps asking for activation every start up.: Any solution?The details are attached as a picturehttps://zenithconsultants-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/personal/alagha_zenith-consultants_com/EQRPnXDfZ7lMjlTWyTF9clYBQLcFK73yqeK0gNSU4I-Hag?e=VJmvWC...
  10. Cant activate my win 11 pro after reinstall the system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant activate my win 11 pro after reinstall the system: Error 0xC004C003The activation server determined the specified product key is blocked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-my-win-11-pro-after-reinstall-the/2bfea9d2-94a1-4f48-b37e-18be1890cd94

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 8 pro vs 10 Pro