Windows 10: windows 8 upgrade issue

Discus and support windows 8 upgrade issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All, i recently upgrade from windows 8 to windows 8 pro so i can get windows 10 pro but whenever i run the setup file, it only allow to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by refresheric, May 16, 2016.

1. windows 8 upgrade issue

Hi All, i recently upgrade from windows 8 to windows 8 pro so i can get windows 10 pro but whenever i run the setup file, it only allow to install windows 10 home. Even if i use the media tools and create a windows 10 pro USB, it still show as windows 10 home.

Anyway to fix this problem? Not sure what i need to do in order to get to windows 10 Pro. Thanks

:)

refresheric, May 16, 2016
  2. jimmer99 Win User

Windows 8 to Windows 10 upgrade issue

I bought my Dell with Windows 8 pre-installed - I may now be on version 8.1 - not sure. I was automatically upgraded to Windows 10 (I'm guessing my kids accepted the upgrade). I didn't like Windows 10 so tried to uninstall all updates that ran during the
    Windows 10 upgrade. That was a bad idea. I am in Windows purgatory somewhere between Windows 8 and Windows 10. What can i do?? I do not have the Windows 8 operating disk because Dell tells me it was pre-installed.

thanks

jimmer99, May 16, 2016
  3. Windows 8 to Windows 10 upgrade issue

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about uninstalling Windows 10 Operating System and rolling back to Windows 8, we will help you with this issue.

Do provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exact issue you are facing in accessing Windows 10 Operating System?
    • Are you able to boot the device to desktop while uninstalling the Windows Updates?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?
    • Which are the files that you have deleted?
    • When have you upgraded to Windows 10?

If you are able to boot the device to desktop, I suggest you to press
    Windows + Pause Break
    keys from the keyboard to check which operating system is installed on your device.

Reply to the post with the required information of this issue to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, May 16, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

windows 8 upgrade issue

Do you have the Win 8 Pro product key ?

davidhk, May 16, 2016
  5. i bought the windows 8 upgrade pro pack. Went to add features and put in the new pro pack product key and it turn to windows 8 pro.
    the card says windows 8 pro pack product key, guessing that's the 8 pro key?

6. davidhk Win User
    Yes, that is your win 8 pro product key.

OK. Are you now back to Win 8 Pro or are you now running Windows 10 Home ?

davidhk, May 16, 2016
  7. still running windows 8 pro, i cancel it when i saw is going to install windows 10 home.

8. davidhk Win User

windows 8 upgrade issue

Go ahead and let it install to Windows 10 Home.
    Make sure the Windows 10 Home is activated.

Once that is done, follow this ............................

Left click at Start button > left side, select Settings > select Update & Security > left side, click Activation > click Change product key > now enter this generic Pro product key...............VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

That will start changing your Win 10 Home to Pro, but not activated.

When that is completed, you can enter your Win 8 Pro product key to activate.

davidhk, May 16, 2016
  9. Thanks davidhk, doing this right now. Will let you know if it works.

10. davidhk Win User
    Good luck.

If you post back and require my reply, you will most likely have to wait.
    It is 11:44 pm in my time zone.

davidhk, May 16, 2016
  11. No worries. Not that urgent anyway, as long as i can get the free upgrade before deal end will be fine.
    Didn't think it will be so complicated to get it going.

12. Thanks davidhk, is working now!!! Appreciate your help on this.

13. davidhk Win User

windows 8 upgrade issue

Good.
    You are welcome.

P.S. Now it's time to update your system specs which still says you are running Win 8.

Top right, click User CP > left side, under My Settings, click Edit System Spec.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

windows 8 upgrade issue

1. windows 8 upgrade issue - Similar Threads - upgrade issue

2. Can't upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10 issues with Windows Update Assistant as-well

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10 issues with Windows Update Assistant as-well: I'm currently cannot update my PC to the newest versions.I'm currently on Windows 10 21H2 and every update assistant, whether that's the Windows 10 or 11 tool, it say's "something went wrong" Error Code: 0x80070003 mainly.When I "check for updates" on my PC same Error Code...
  3. Can't upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10 issues with Windows Update Assistant as-well

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10 issues with Windows Update Assistant as-well: I'm currently cannot update my PC to the newest versions.I'm currently on Windows 10 21H2 and every update assistant, whether that's the Windows 10 or 11 tool, it say's "something went wrong" Error Code: 0x80070003 mainly.When I "check for updates" on my PC same Error Code...
  4. Can't upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10 issues with Windows Update Assistant as-well

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 upgrade issues

Windows 11 upgrade issues: Pc Health stated that I could not upgrade to windows 11 because my Hard drive was in MBR so I now converted hard drive to GPT and Pc Health now says to contact PC manufacture to see if windows 11 will work on my PC?...
  6. Windows 11 Upgrade Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrade Issue: I am trying to upgrade to Windows 11, but the PC health check states, "The processor isn't currently supported for windows 11." However, the processor appears in the list of Microsoft Windows 10 22H2 Supported Intel Processors. How can this be that I cannot upgrade if my...
  7. Windows 11 Upgrade Issue

Windows 11 Upgrade Issue: I am trying to upgrade to Windows 11, but the PC health check states, "The processor isn't currently supported for windows 11." However, the processor appears in the list of Microsoft Windows 10 22H2 Supported Intel Processors. How can this be that I cannot upgrade if my...
  8. Windows 11 Upgrade Issue

9. If i upgrade my HP laptop purchased in june 2021 to windows 11, will the issue with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If i upgrade my HP laptop purchased in june 2021 to windows 11, will the issue with...: If i upgrade my HP laptop purchased in june 2021 to windows 11, will the issue with security update not installing be fixed, or do i still need to expand my recovery partition?...
  10. If i upgrade my HP laptop purchased in june 2021 to windows 11, will the issue with...

If i upgrade my HP laptop purchased in june 2021 to windows 11, will the issue with...: If i upgrade my HP laptop purchased in june 2021 to windows 11, will the issue with security update not installing be fixed, or do i still need to expand my recovery partition?...