Windows 10: Windows 9 Completely Free for Users Buying Windows 8.1 Update 2 – Report

Discus and support Windows 9 Completely Free for Users Buying Windows 8.1 Update 2 – Report in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 9 is still a work in progress at Microsoft and although the Redmond-based tech giant remains completely tight-lipped on the subject, details... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jun 20, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Windows 9 Completely Free for Users Buying Windows 8.1 Update 2 – Report

More

:)

labeeman, Jun 20, 2014
  2. Tanarotte Win User

Windows 10 compatibility report is not ready

Your suggestion is completely useless. User doesnt ask about a generic FAQ. User wants to update to windows 10 but stupid and completely worthless raport is keeping him out. Same as me, i have everything ready, update downloaded, yet i am waiting for worthless
    generated raport if my brand new pc is compatible or not.

Why it is completely worthless? Because users report crashes bugs and driver issues that were completely okey with your worthless raport. There should be an option to "proceed anyway".

Oh and btw. . .2 weeks to generate worthless raport? that means, lets say my ssd fails, i get a new one, have to install windows 8, patch it, then windows 8.1, patch it (because some **** thought it would be a good idea to require different installation/activation
    key for 8.1) then . . i will have to wait up to two weeks for my pc to update and return to its "normal state" just because a worthless raport is being "generated" and because another ****** decided i cant just use my windows 8 key for windows 10 free upgrade
    using new installation? Congratulations on decision making.

This windows is not free. It costs users 8+ hours of fiddling with updates to get to "ready for w10" stage, then up to two weeks, OR "go buy 200$ key, install from iso file within 15 minutes and be done"

Tanarotte, Jun 20, 2014
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    windows 10 upgrade problems

The "free" Windows is the same Windows you get when you buy it in a store. No difference. And it's only free if you're upgrading from Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1.

What does "have lost Windows completely" mean? When need details. Your fellow Windows 10 users in this forum love all the techie stuff.

BulldogXX, Jun 20, 2014
  4. LittleJay Win User

Well, these sort of reports do rouse one's curiosity, if nothing else. *Smile

LittleJay, Jun 20, 2014
  5. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Just more . . .(add your own "Adjective". . .:angelic:

6. Winuser Win User
    I'm hoping they offer a discount similar to the one offered for the Win 8 upgrade.

Winuser, Jun 22, 2014
  7. Boozad Win User
    I haven't long added W8.1 to my list of operating systems, a dual boot with my primary W7, so I doubt I'll be upgrading either with 9. I'm getting used to 8.1 and it's actually growing on me despite the amount of bult in stuff that has no use to a dedicated desktop user.

9 interests me as much as W8.1 did but a triple boot is out of the question, problems lie that way. Maybe a VM to test it out if the price is good enough, but I seriously doubt M$ will be giving anything out for free.

Boozad, Jun 22, 2014
  8. BunnyJ New Member

I doubt that Windows 9 will be free to anyone. There might be a discount for early converters but that's it.. FWIW

BunnyJ, Jun 22, 2014
  9. LittleJay Win User
    This is my feeling as well.

LittleJay, Jun 22, 2014
  10. Trust_No1 Win User
    LOL, I trust not a word written in Softpedia, it is a rumor, gossip, generating tabloid. They even admit they had to dig hard for this piece. Perhaps, Putin, made the leaker write it, that would add some spicy scandal to the mix.

Trust_No1, Jun 22, 2014
  11. LEE
    Lee Win User
    And, Nine Forums isn't. . .hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. . .*Roflmao2

12. OK lets see if I got his right?
    One option for 8.0 users is to upgrade to 8.1 with update 1 though the Windows Store for free. And then do it all again to get 8.1 with update 2 for free. But no free Windows 9?
    The other option is to pay a "small" fee to go from 8.0 straight to 8.1 with update 2. And that fee also gets you Windows 9 for free when its released?

Its so confusing it has to be true. *Tongue

alphanumeric, Jun 24, 2014
  13. Nuccii Win User

Just bought the Windows 8.1 Full Version key. I'm confused, will I be eligible for the upgrade?

Nuccii, Jun 26, 2014
  14. Everything is still in the rumor stage at this point but I would say yes. Any body already running 8.1 with update one gets update 2 for free. It only gets confusing if your running 8.0 and want to go to 8.1 with update 2.

alphanumeric, Jun 26, 2014
  15. Trust_No1 Win User
    I don't get it, why would update 2 cost anything at all, is it a new OS like 8.1 or is it just an update?

Trust_No1, Jun 27, 2014
Thema:

1. Windows 9 Completely Free for Users Buying Windows 8.1 Update 2 – Report - Similar Threads - Completely Free Users

2. 1, 2, 3, 7, 8 and 9 numpad keys and right '+' key don't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1, 2, 3, 7, 8 and 9 numpad keys and right '+' key don't work: Hello, a few days ago my Win10 laptop's 1, 2, 3, 7, 8 and 9 numpad keys and right '+' key suddenly stopped working the 4, 5, and 6 keys work fine though. I depend on the 2 and 8 keys for up and down arrows as my main right and left arrow keypads got loose and I couldn't put...
  3. is Windows 10 free for Windows 8 users?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is Windows 10 free for Windows 8 users?: I'm still running windows 8 and want to upgrade to 10, will I have to purchase a new license key? submitted by /u/WifeStealer99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hgwe3l/is_windows_10_free_for_windows_8_users/
  4. 2 users on 1 account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 users on 1 account: Hi i dont know how to fix this but i am signed into my microsoft account and there are no other accounts to swap between but when i go to my files, this pc, users there is another account there that i cant get rid of. the account i cant get rid of is called guyv and it is...
  5. Windows 7 is done. It cost to update to windows 10, so can I update to 8 or 9 for free.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 is done. It cost to update to windows 10, so can I update to 8 or 9 for free.: It cost to update to windows 10, so can I update to 8 or 9 for free. * Original title: My windows 7 is done. * Moved from Edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-is-done-it-cost-to-update-to-windows-10/beb1464e-a2cb-4554-8331-9acf574a3c98
  6. Windows update 8/9/19

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update 8/9/19: I had the Windows update yesterday.It said it would take a while and it did..over an hour. When my laptop restarted everything was gone. It was like I had a new laptop Googled how to revert back to the previous version..thankfully it worked Any idea how to do this update...
  7. No updates since 9/8

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No updates since 9/8: Hi all... I'm perplexed. My Win 10 system shows the last update that was applied to it was on 9/8. It is now 9/21 and I find it had to believe that MS has not released any updates since 9/8. If I "check for updates" I am told that my system is up to date. Does anyone know...
  8. Windows 9 Will Be Free for Windows 8 Users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Will Be Free for Windows 8 Users: Microsoft Indonesia confirms a free license for Windows 9 Windows 9 preview is almost here, as Microsoft will unveil the first public build of the upcoming operating system in just a few days, but we have already heard quite a lot of details about this product thanks to...
  9. Windows 8.1 Update 1 to Lack a Start Menu, Windows 9 to Have It for Sure – Report

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 8.1 Update 1 to Lack a Start Menu, Windows 9 to Have It for Sure – Report: Windows 8.1 Update 1 was expected to bring back the Start Menu and thus make Microsoft’s modern operating system a bit more user-friendly. It turns out, however, that Microsoft will actually wait until Windows 9 to relaunch the Start Menu in Windows, which means that the...
  10. Windows 9 Should Be Completely Free, Analyst Believes

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Should Be Completely Free, Analyst Believes: Windows 9 is expected to launch in April 2015, according to some people close to the matter, but aside from a few features that could be included in the operating system, no other details have been provided until now. Pricing clearly remains one of the biggest dilemmas,...