Windows 10: Windows 9 Preview Could Leak After September 15 – Rumor

Discus and support Windows 9 Preview Could Leak After September 15 – Rumor in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Information that reached the web this week has revealed that Microsoft is planning a press event in late September to introduce the new Windows 9... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Aug 22, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Windows 9 Preview Could Leak After September 15 – Rumor

More

labeeman, Aug 22, 2014
  2. Vladimir Win User

Well, considering that the "event build" is not a manufacturer build... if things go like in the past it's quite probable that we''ll be soon playing with a pre-preview build ! I confess that I'm anxious to closely see what has been made for the new Windows !

:)

Vladimir, Aug 22, 2014
  3. Windows 10 - Custom Computers

Will I be able to upgrade from the Windows 10 Insider Preview to the final release?

Yes, you will be able to upgrade from the Windows Insider Preview to the RTM build for free.

Company officials have noted though if you join the
    Windows Insider Program
    and upgrade from Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 to Windows 10, you will qualify for the free upgrade to the final release.

Latest confirmation:

When asked if there would be a cut off date for Insiders before Windows 10 reached RTM, Microsoft's Gabriel Aul stated that preview builds would continue being delivered up until the final release.

"We expect to keep flighting builds to Insiders all the way up to RTM. More details to come, but no cutoff planned."

Gabriel Aul on Twitter

After upgrading, you can switch the Stable Channel.

When will the Windows 10 Previews expire?

The expiration dates for Windows 10 Technical Preview vary by build number.
    The table below summarizes the expiration dates for each of the builds we’ve released so far.
    (Dates are subject to change.)

Build number
    Expiration warnings begin
    License expiration date
    Windows will stop booting

4/2/15
    4/15/15
    4/30/15

4/2/15
    4/15/15
    4/30/15

4/2/15
    4/15/15
    4/30/15

9/17/15
    10/1/15
    10/15/15

9/17/15
    10/1/15
    10/15/15

9/17/15
    10/1/15
    10/15/15

9/17/15
    10/1/15
    10/15/15

9/17/15
    10/1/15
    10/15/15

9/17/15
    10/1/15
    10/15/15

9/17/15
    10/1/15
    10/15/15

Approximately 2 weeks before a build’s license expires, you will start getting warnings that this build will expire and that you should update to the most recent build.

When the build reaches the license expiration date, the system will automatically reboot every three hours.

Approximately 2 weeks after the license expires, the build will no longer boot at all.

If you are still on an older build and are getting expiration warnings, it is likely that Windows Update is failing to install the latest build automatically.
    To resolve the problem, download the latest ISO file from Windows Insider Program | Get the latest Windows features.
    After the download is complete, double-click the ISO file to mount it and then launch
    setup.exe.

If Windows has stopped booting due to an expired license, to resolve the issue you’ll need to
    download the ISO file from another computer and then transfer the ISO file to installation media such as a USB flash drive
    or DVD. Then boot the PC from the installation media to install the latest build of Tech Preview.

Source:
    Expiration Dates for Windows 10 Technical Preview

Subsequent Previews might extend the expiration.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 22, 2014
  4. Windows 9 Preview Could Leak After September 15 – Rumor

Windows Phone 7.5 Mango in September 1 just a rumor ?

Windows Phone 7.5 Mango in September 1 just a rumor or is it true ?

Shawn Faleiro, Aug 22, 2014
  5. LittleJay Win User
    Even if a leaked build starts circulating the web early, I will wait a few weeks longer for the official release from MS. I just don't like taking the chance of downloading a "nasty" surprise with the leaked software.

LittleJay, Aug 22, 2014
  6. Vladimir Win User
    Well, I'm a leak fanboy !

*Devil

Vladimir, Aug 22, 2014
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    I totally agree. Anything from alternate sources is risky. I was burned one time from a site that supplied a "version" of Win7 that was rather bogus at best.

But as usual, YMMV.
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Aug 26, 2014
  8. LittleJay Win User

Another reason I have for being patient, is that I am limited to 5 Gbs of data per month and since all these newer OSs are huge files, I end up having to buy extra data just to try them out. *Sad

LittleJay, Aug 26, 2014
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    Now that stinks and I see your reasoning. I have no limit plan with Comcast in TN and my download speed is the "burst" plan. 50Mps or higher. The other day I clocked about 56Mps.. yes it's not relevant due to the servers between and how they respond but it looks cool. *Smile

BunnyJ, Aug 26, 2014
  10. LittleJay Win User
    Right now I am on my 2nd year of a two year contract with Verizon Wireless, but once that is up, there are some new ISP options in my area, which have just become available this year. So maybe I won't have to deal with limited data in the future.

LittleJay, Aug 26, 2014
  11. Winuser Win User
    I'm going to wait for the official preview release before I download it. The only thing I'm not sure of is how I'm going to install it. If I install it on my desktop I'll dual boot. If I install on a laptop I'll remove the Windows 8.1 drive and do a clean install on an old drive.

Winuser, Aug 27, 2014
  12. CountMike New Member
    No dual booting on same disk for me, had heck of a time with Win8, Alpha and beta, screwed up my W7 big time.

CountMike, Aug 27, 2014
  13. Winuser Win User

I always use a second HDD when I load a second OS. Plus I backup the original HDD first. Learned that one the hard way.

Winuser, Aug 28, 2014
  14. LittleJay Win User
    *Ditto

I have been a big fan of system imaging programs since I first heard about them around 10 years ago. It sure saves me a lot of grief being able to restore an image when something goes amok for whatever reason!

LittleJay, Aug 28, 2014
  15. LEE
    Lee Win User
    . . .what the heck the sooner the better. I am the one who just has to open the Christmas presents before breakfast. I have three computers 1) iMac 27", Lonovo 27" and a Dell i5 (this one is just waiting with baited breath for the new OS. . .*Thumbs

Thema:

1. Windows 9 Preview Could Leak After September 15 – Rumor - Similar Threads - Preview Leak September

2. Rumor: Windows 11 version 22H2 release date could be September 20, 2022

in Windows 10 News
    Rumor: Windows 11 version 22H2 release date could be September 20, 2022: The first feature update for Windows 11, version 22H2, could be released as early as September 20, 2022 according to Windows Central. Microsoft has not confirmed the date, and the site cites contacts close to the company as the source for the release date. [ATTACH] In late...
  3. Windows 9 preview

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 preview: Hello Is there going to be a windows 9 public preview this fall? Thanks Tyler 1664
  4. Another Rumor about the Win 9 Preview release date

in Windows 10 News
    Another Rumor about the Win 9 Preview release date: Microsoft to Launch Windows 9 Preview in February 2015 – Rumor More: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Micro...r-442433.shtml 1572
  5. Office 2016 rumored to launch September 22nd 2015

in Windows 10 News
    Office 2016 rumored to launch September 22nd 2015: Microsoft’s fall season looks to be shaping up quite nicely – we’re expecting significant updates to Windows 10 and Edge, the launch of Windows 10 Mobile, and a whole slew of new hardware including new Windows Phones, a Surface Pro 4, a new Microsoft Band, and more. If the...
  6. Windows 9 Screenshots Leaked

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Screenshots Leaked: Windows 9 Preview will be released for download later this month, but the very first screenshots showing the upcoming build in action are already here. As you can see for yourselves by browsing the screenshots in the gallery, the preview build of Windows 9 indeed includes...
  7. Windows 9 preview ISO file may be leaked after 15 septembe

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 preview ISO file may be leaked after 15 septembe: Today new informations has been leaked by Russian leaker that have previously leaked Windows 7 and Windows 8 and now he said "iso of windows 9 preview may be leaked to web after 15 september" as he add to my previous post Windows 9 preview ISO file may be leaked after 15...
  8. Cybercriminals Leverage Rumored Windows 9 Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Cybercriminals Leverage Rumored Windows 9 Preview: Cybercriminals Leverage Rumored Windows 9 Developer Preview Release With Social Engineering We’re seeing schemes that are taking advantage of the buzz around the upcoming developer preview release of Windows™ 9 this September. One of the threats we saw was found using...
  9. Windows 9 Preview to Launch This Year, New Activation System in the Works – Rumor

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Preview to Launch This Year, New Activation System in the Works – Rumor: Windows 9 is work in progress at Microsoft and new rumors coming via Russian leaker WZor reveal some pretty interesting tidbits about this fresh version of the operating system. In a post published on Russian-language forum Ru-Board, WZor says that Microsoft is very likely...
  10. Microsoft to Launch Free Version of Windows 9 – Rumor

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to Launch Free Version of Windows 9 – Rumor: Windows 9 is Microsoft’s next big project in the OS industry, with some people close to the development plans indicating that it’s very likely to debut in early 2015. But a new report released by Russian Windows leaker WZor and coming via myce.com claims that Windows 9 is...