Windows 10: Windows 9: Resolution support up to 8k, better DPI scaling

Discus and support Windows 9: Resolution support up to 8k, better DPI scaling in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Thanks to the copious amount of leaks we have seen over the past few days, we are learning all sorts of new details about the OS. And if you are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 9: Resolution support up to 8k, better DPI scaling

Read more...

:)

Brink, Sep 19, 2014

2. 4K and 1080p monitors

Hi,

Since this issue on the app resolution is only happening on certain apps, then it could be that those apps that are mentioned doesn't support DPI Scaling. This issue commonly occur when the applications are moved between monitors that use different display
    resolutions. So, to correct this issue, particularly on the app resolution, we suggest that you perform the helpful steps from this article:

Windows scaling issues for high-DPI devices

Should you need further assistance regarding this concern, just send us a reply.

Marque Lor, Sep 19, 2014
  3. Windows 10 scaling not ideal

So my first dive into a laptop with HD screen resolution has left me questioning my purchase. For example the scaling set at 125% for a 1920 X 1080 15 inch screen seems fine, but many menu's and other programs and apps really do not scale very well. Even
    some Windows 10 menu's lack proper scaling and are blurry and or very grainy. Sure things look better at 100% DPI but then everything is too small. Can't lower resolution to a 1366 x 768 because that also looks terrible. Just not any really good solutions
    and it get's worse with programs like iTunes which is a mess with higher scaling to 150%. Really surprised by this because iTunes always looked great on Retina Mac displays. Now my desktop Windows 10 PC's look perfectly fine with 100% DPI on a 1920 X 1080
    23" screen. Which verifies that nothing is wrong with higher resolutions at 100% DPI its the problems you face on smaller screens with HD or higher and having to raise DPI above 100%. How does this reflect on say a Surface Pro or other even higher resolution
    screens? I must admit I am feeling buyers remorse about buying a laptop with Windows 10 and a HD resolution screen. I thought it would be better than a typical 1366 x 768 screen, but really don't think so now.

jescott418, Sep 19, 2014
  4. Windows 9: Resolution support up to 8k, better DPI scaling

Bill Gates should like that, he's likely one of the few on the planet that can afford to use an 8K TV as a monitor. *Eek *Tongue

alphanumeric, Sep 20, 2014
Thema:

Windows 9: Resolution support up to 8k, better DPI scaling

1. Windows 9: Resolution support up to 8k, better DPI scaling - Similar Threads - Resolution support better

2. Scaling for 8k monitor windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scaling for 8k monitor windows 10: Hi there,Just changed my monitor for a Samsung 55 inch 8k tv.My scaling is at 500 percent.How would I change this to 600 percent because my icons are still to small?Thanks in advanceJoseph...
  3. Scaling for 8k monitor windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scaling for 8k monitor windows 10: Hi there,Just changed my monitor for a Samsung 55 inch 8k tv.My scaling is at 500 percent.How would I change this to 600 percent because my icons are still to small?Thanks in advanceJoseph...
  4. Remember DPI Scaling per Display Setup / resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remember DPI Scaling per Display Setup / resolution: Hi, Windows perfectly remembers each screen resolution based on the display setup used. When I use my Surface on the Dock, I use the Surfaces Screen as 2nd Monitor. My primary screen is 1920x1200 and I need to use it with 100% scaling. The surface is 2736x1824 and I...
  5. DPI changing with resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DPI changing with resolution: For a long time I've used the same 1920 by 1080 resolution on my Windows PC. Recently however, I bought a new monitor which had a resolution of 2560 by 1440. I noticed that my cursor moved relatively slower after the switch, and I know that higher resolutions make your DPI...
  6. Resolution & DPI scaling on 32inch monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resolution & DPI scaling on 32inch monitor: I've got a 32inch monitor, using Windows10. I'm unable to reduce app size and content to less than 100% scaling. Apps are huge and take up lots of real estate on the screen but I am unable to make smaller. Windows 10 version does not let you adjust below 100% Unable to...
  7. When you scale DPI up, does it also scale games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When you scale DPI up, does it also scale games?: Does it upscale the text and everything in games as well? 81506
  8. DPI scaling on the second screen?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    DPI scaling on the second screen?: Windows 10 Anniversary... I can go to 150% scaling in PRIMARY and MIRROR but when I use only the secondary screen (it's a TV) the DPI scaling is disabled... why? 63249
  9. Resolution & DPI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution & DPI: I still don't understand this dilemma. I'm working on a 22 inch monitor that has a native resolution of 1920*1080 but there are lots of elements in the Windows 7 x64 UI that is too small even for my vision which is 100% good. I also notice this tiny text phenomenon on...
  10. High DPI scaling

in Windows 10 Support
    High DPI scaling: Hey, I bought a 4k screen yesterday and I have this annoying issue with scaling. In 100% I can't see anything, so the solution is windows scaling. The issue is that a lot of programs doesn't work well with this method and makes the app almost unusable. Example:...