Windows 10: Windows 9 Start Menu Concept

Discus and support Windows 9 Start Menu Concept in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So from what it sounds like, Windows 9 is going to mark the return of the Start menu. So tonight, I've been trying to imagine what a Start menu in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tommy, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Tommy Win User

Windows 9 Start Menu Concept

So from what it sounds like, Windows 9 is going to mark the return of the Start menu. So tonight, I've been trying to imagine what a Start menu in Windows 9 might perhaps look like. Here's the concept I came up with:

Windows 9 Start Menu Concept [​IMG]

What do you guys think?

:)

Tommy, Mar 18, 2014
  2. deepak_007, Mar 18, 2014
  3. lumia 520 speed dial?

Hi,

The speed dial concept is a little different in WP8. You will not be able to dial anything from 0-9 and call a person directly.

Instead, from the People Hub, you can "Pin" a contact to the start screen and from there, you can just open that contact quickly and place a call/message.

ayushwalia, Mar 18, 2014
  4. LittleJay Win User

Looks good Tommy. *Thumbs Your guess is as good as any at this point.

LittleJay, Mar 18, 2014
  5. LittleJay Win User
    BTW Welcome to Nine Forums Tommy and ZeroByte!

LittleJay, Mar 19, 2014
  6. ZeroByte Win User
    Thanks. I have been at PCHF for a while now thought I would check out the other forums in the family.

ZeroByte, Mar 19, 2014
  7. Looks good.
    Windows XP Pro start menu was good.

David Bailey, Mar 20, 2014
  8. LittleJay Win User

There are a lot of things I liked about XP and just like 98 SE it will always remain one of my favorite OS's.

LittleJay, Mar 20, 2014
  9. I can't say I have a favourite, I've liked using all the ones I've had, they've all had their features whether good or bad. 98, WinME, XP, Vista, Windows 7 and now Windows 8.1. I'll probably enjoy using whatever comes next. *Wink

Joan Archer, Mar 20, 2014
  10. LittleJay Win User
    Uff da! I have bad memories of Millenium. My PC would totally lock up without warning and I would have to unplug my computer to shut it down. After a few days of that I went back to 98 SE and stayed with it, until I bought my next computer with XP.

LittleJay, Mar 20, 2014
  11. When I had WinME it was on a machine that came with it, I think that was why a lot of people had so much trouble with it, they put it onto 98 machines.

I had a retail copy of XP and dual booted that with the WinME until I gave the machine over to XP completely.

The next machine came with Vista and that is still going strong but with Windows 7 now via a retail copy, and we're now up to date with this Asus Notebook running 8.1.

When the next OS comes out I don't know how I will get it, either a new machine with it installed already or a retail copy, depends on how it gets marketed, plus how long it is before it's on the market and how much it costs. At my age and health not sure how many more I'll see.*Rolleyes

Joan Archer, Mar 21, 2014
  12. LittleJay Win User
    I think you might have something RE: WinME. I remember updating a friend's computer from ME to XP and she hadn't had any problems with ME, but then it came installed on her computer. I'm sure MS will have test version(s) of Windows 9 to try out and if I really like it, I will probably upgrade, especially if they have a special promotion like they did with 8 Pro.

LittleJay, Mar 21, 2014
  13. jimbo45 Win User

jimbo45, Mar 22, 2014
  14. LittleJay Win User
    Looks good to me Jimbo! For my computer needs 3.1 did all I needed it to do. *Biggrin

LittleJay, Mar 22, 2014
  15. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    Still runs fine as a VM !! -- with VMware tools also you can run it on a 60 inch monitor (full screen) -- I'll bet nobody ever thought computer screens would get anything like that -- 10 inch was the norm back then -- even Green monochrome with not very good looking fonts either. (if you were lucky you'd get a DOS LAN connection via an IBM 3270 type terminal which was a little larger - but still monochrome). No HTML internet (WWW) though -- IE explorer was still days in the future then. You could logon to some old BBS's though -- I'll bet there are still a few people on these Forums who might have been a sysop on one of these boards then. Windows 3.11 was essentially Windows 3.1 (a decent improvement over Windows 3.0) but was designed to be used on LANS - hence it was actually called Windows for Workgroups.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 22, 2014
Thema:

1. Windows 9 Start Menu Concept - Similar Threads - Start Menu Concept

2. Microsoft shows off its concept for Windows 10’s new Start Menu

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft shows off its concept for Windows 10’s new Start Menu: Windows 10 appears to be in the process of design overhaul with modern icons, improved Start Menu, and more Fluent Design goodness. Windows 10 has officially received the new modern icons and the company has released a video in celebration of this milestone. In the same...
  3. asphalt 9 not starting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    asphalt 9 not starting: hi i just downloaded asphalt 9 legends from MICROSOFT STORE It starts shows gameloftsometimes then closes why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asphalt-9-not-starting/d9926045-05b1-4393-a214-4baab3a5e546
  4. Windows 9 Concept Makes Both the Desktop and the Start Screen Really Beautiful

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Concept Makes Both the Desktop and the Start Screen Really Beautiful: It’s pretty clear that users expect a major visual revamp in Windows 9 and the plethora of concepts that reach the web these days are living proof that Microsoft must bring us improvements for both the desktop and the controversial touch screen. This concept created by...
  5. Windows 9: Start menu changes color to match the theme

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9: Start menu changes color to match the theme: In the latest leaks, we can see that the new Start menu will match the backgrounds of the wallpaper that you are using. As you can see in the image at the top of this post, the Start menu changes color according to the background that you choose. Read more... 1842
  6. Windows 9's new Start menu demonstrated on video

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9's new Start menu demonstrated on video: Microsoft may have demonstrated its new Start menu earlier this year, but thanks to a recent "Windows 9" leak we’re now seeing every single part of the company’s plans for bringing back this popular feature. German site WinFuture has posted a two-minute video that...
  7. Microsoft to Make the Windows 9 Start Menu Highly Customizable

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to Make the Windows 9 Start Menu Highly Customizable: The Windows Start menu remains an important subject for the Redmond-based tech giant, with many users calling for the company to bring it back in the modern operating system as soon as possible. Terry Myerson, head of the operating system [img] division at Microsoft,...
  8. Windows 9 Concept Makes Microsoft’s OS Look Stunning

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Concept Makes Microsoft’s OS Look Stunning: Microsoft is expected to break the news on Windows 9 in just a couple of months at the BUILD 2014 developer conference, but people familiar with the matter are also revealing some of the features that could be part of the next full Windows release. Based on all these...
  9. Microsoft “Locks” the Start Menu in Windows 9 Preview...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft “Locks” the Start Menu in Windows 9 Preview...: Microsoft is set to unveil the preview version of Windows 9 later this month, and everyone expects to be allowed to try out some new features, including the Start menu and a desktop flavor of Cortana. According to new reports coming from Russian sources, Microsoft...
  10. Modern Design and Evolution: Windows 9 Concept Mixes the Desktop and the Metro UI

in Windows 10 News
    Modern Design and Evolution: Windows 9 Concept Mixes the Desktop and the Metro UI: Windows 8 was pretty much a flop, Windows 8.1 fixed a few issues but still fails to impress, so it’s no surprise that all eyes are on the upcoming Windows 9 that’s supposed to debut sometime in 2015. According to the limited information we have at this point, Windows 9 is...