Windows 10: Windows 9 to Become the “New Windows 7,” Analyst Says

Discus and support Windows 9 to Become the “New Windows 7,” Analyst Says in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is already working on Windows 9, and although not much is known at this point about it, information provided by people close to the matter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Sep 7, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Windows 9 to Become the “New Windows 7,” Analyst Says

More

labeeman, Sep 7, 2014

2. Grabs popcorn and waits. *Biggrin

:)

alphanumeric, Sep 7, 2014
  3. makonis Win User
    Windows 7 to Windows differences

I had an older machine running windows 7. I purchased a newer machine with windows 10.

What I have found but cannot put my finger on it specifically is the newer windows 10 machine I have will run the ArcGIS - Arcview 10.0,.... but not the Spatial Analyst or 3D Analyst.

However, the older computer that had windows 7 running ArcGIS - Arcview 10.0, Spatial Analyst and 3D Analyst
    was upgraded to a windows 10 still runs things fine under a windows 10 format. So I am deducing there are some differences that carried over from windows 7 into the windows 10 on that machine that are not found
    on the windows 10 machine.

Any suggestions to what these windows 7 bits maybe to work at installing on the windows 10 machine.

makonis, Sep 7, 2014
  4. Andypro Win User

import contacts to windows 7 phone

BTW, I love the phone and the Windows 7 look and feel. I had this idea few years ago to change one of the application I was a business analyst on. I think with the touch screen and new interface you can make applications new and unique.

Thank you,

Andypro, Sep 7, 2014
  5. Rickkins Win User
    Yanno, it wouldn't surprise me at all...

Rickkins, Sep 7, 2014
  6. Morgan Win User
    Well, I like Windows 8.1. I find it to be quicker and more responsive than Windows 7. Hopefully when Windows 9 comes out people will give it an honest try. They might find it to be a worthwhile improvement.

Morgan, Sep 8, 2014
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    The bunny has his as well. *Wink

BunnyJ, Sep 8, 2014
  8. Nuccii Win User

News flash, "Windows 9 the greatest OS of all time surpassing Windows 7, no bugs". Then I woke up and said to myself, heck if it was, what would we have to talk about? *Wink

Nuccii, Sep 8, 2014
  9. Customization. New features. New ideas.
    *Smile
    (There'd always be something)

Jody Thornton, Sep 8, 2014
  10. CountMike New Member
    Earthquake at M$, tsunami not expected.

CountMike, Sep 9, 2014
  11. You know, if this was posted on the Windows 7 forums I bet the responses would be a lot different. *Wink
    I was expecting a few heated comments from the H8T'rs. I must say I am pleasantly surprised so far. *Smile
    Now if Microsoft could actually convince the die hard Windows 7 users to move on to 9, that would be headlines for sure.

alphanumeric, Sep 9, 2014
  12. WHS
    whs Win User
    That will take a lot I am afraid. No telling what 9 will be - let's hope it will be as good as the hype.

13. Windows 9 to Become the “New Windows 7,” Analyst Says

I agree. For some anyway, it would take a lot of convincing. I've already moved on and all my PC's are running 8.1. I like 8.1 and have an MSDN subscription so why not.

alphanumeric, Sep 9, 2014
  14. Coke Robot, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 9 to Become the “New Windows 7,” Analyst Says - Similar Threads - Become “New ”

2. New Surface Pro 7 drivers and firmware for Windows 10 - April 9

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Pro 7 drivers and firmware for Windows 10 - April 9: Improvements and fixes in the update April 2021 updates April 09 release The following updates are available for Surface Pro 7 devices running Windows 10 May 2019 Update, version 1903, or greater. Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Version and Update Intel...
  3. Windows 9 not about a new windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 9 not about a new windows: Ok so I already know that there won't be a windows 11 and all and there won't be new windows, but the only thing I disagree with is that there won't be a new major windows update. So, I was like just looking up windows 11 trailers to see what people thought windows 11 would...
  4. Windows 10 Will Need Time to Succeed, Analyst Says

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Will Need Time to Succeed, Analyst Says: Windows 10 is expected to ship in the fall of 2015, and since there’ll be plenty of new features and improvements over Windows 8, both Microsoft and some of its customers expect its early adoption figures to be overwhelming to say the least. But as far as some analysts are...
  5. Windows 9 Delays the Migration Off Windows 7

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Delays the Migration Off Windows 7: Windows 9 is on the radar, and Microsoft is set to deliver the first beta of this operating system sometime this month, but all rumors pointing to an imminent launch of a new version are actually having a negative impact on the migration off Windows 7. Microsoft’s Windows...
  6. Could Windows 9 Finally Kill Windows 7?

in Windows 10 News
    Could Windows 9 Finally Kill Windows 7?: Windows 7 continues to be the world’s leading operating system on the desktop, and everyone expects it to be extremely difficult to kill, especially due to the growing market share that keeps it on the leading spot of all charts. And still, Windows 7’s market share [img]...
  7. Windows 9 Might Arrive a Little Bit Too Late, Analyst Explains

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Might Arrive a Little Bit Too Late, Analyst Explains: Windows 9 is expected to be the next full version of Windows that could see daylight in early 2015, so everybody expects quite a lot of improvements supposed to address many of the complaints made by disappointed Windows 8 users. But as far as analysts are concerned,...
  8. Windows 9: A new hope

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9: A new hope: Three UI changes show a positive new direction away from the unloved Windows 8 InfoWorld | Sep 17, 2014 In the past week, we received some official news and some unofficial about the next version of Windows -- aka Windows 9, Windows "Threshold," and vNext. Both give...
  9. New Windows 9 Details Leak

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 9 Details Leak: Windows 9 is expected to be the next full Windows version prepared by Microsoft and although the company has until now remained tight-lipped on what's to come as part of this release, plenty of details have surfaced via unofficial channels. A new report posted by Microsoft...
  10. Windows 9 Should Be Completely Free, Analyst Believes

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Should Be Completely Free, Analyst Believes: Windows 9 is expected to launch in April 2015, according to some people close to the matter, but aside from a few features that could be included in the operating system, no other details have been provided until now. Pricing clearly remains one of the biggest dilemmas,...