Windows 9 to Become the “New Windows 7,” Analyst Says

Discus and support Windows 9 to Become the “New Windows 7,” Analyst Says in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Microsoft is already working on Windows 9, and although not much is known at this point about it, information provided by people close to the matter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Sep 7, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

More

labeeman, Sep 7, 2014
  2. alphanumeric New Member

Grabs popcorn and waits. *Biggrin

:)

alphanumeric, Sep 8, 2014
  3. makonis Win User
    Windows 7 to Windows differences

I had an older machine running windows 7. I purchased a newer machine with windows 10.

What I have found but cannot put my finger on it specifically is the newer windows 10 machine I have will run the ArcGIS - Arcview 10.0,.... but not the Spatial Analyst or 3D Analyst.

However, the older computer that had windows 7 running ArcGIS - Arcview 10.0, Spatial Analyst and 3D Analyst
    was upgraded to a windows 10 still runs things fine under a windows 10 format. So I am deducing there are some differences that carried over from windows 7 into the windows 10 on that machine that are not found
    on the windows 10 machine.

Any suggestions to what these windows 7 bits maybe to work at installing on the windows 10 machine.

makonis, Sep 8, 2014
  4. Andypro Win User

import contacts to windows 7 phone

BTW, I love the phone and the Windows 7 look and feel. I had this idea few years ago to change one of the application I was a business analyst on. I think with the touch screen and new interface you can make applications new and unique.

Thank you,

Andypro, Sep 8, 2014
  5. Rickkins Win User
    Yanno, it wouldn't surprise me at all...

Rickkins, Sep 8, 2014
  6. Morgan Win User
    Well, I like Windows 8.1. I find it to be quicker and more responsive than Windows 7. Hopefully when Windows 9 comes out people will give it an honest try. They might find it to be a worthwhile improvement.

Morgan, Sep 8, 2014
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    The bunny has his as well. *Wink

BunnyJ, Sep 8, 2014
  8. Nuccii Win User

News flash, "Windows 9 the greatest OS of all time surpassing Windows 7, no bugs". Then I woke up and said to myself, heck if it was, what would we have to talk about? *Wink

Nuccii, Sep 8, 2014
  9. Jody Thornton Win User
    Customization. New features. New ideas.
    *Smile
    (There'd always be something)

Jody Thornton, Sep 8, 2014
  10. CountMike New Member
    Earthquake at M$, tsunami not expected.

CountMike, Sep 9, 2014
  11. alphanumeric New Member
    You know, if this was posted on the Windows 7 forums I bet the responses would be a lot different. *Wink
    I was expecting a few heated comments from the H8T'rs. I must say I am pleasantly surprised so far. *Smile
    Now if Microsoft could actually convince the die hard Windows 7 users to move on to 9, that would be headlines for sure.

alphanumeric, Sep 10, 2014
  12. WHS
    whs Win User
    That will take a lot I am afraid. No telling what 9 will be - let's hope it will be as good as the hype.

13. alphanumeric New Member

I agree. For some anyway, it would take a lot of convincing. I've already moved on and all my PC's are running 8.1. I like 8.1 and have an MSDN subscription so why not.

alphanumeric, Sep 10, 2014
  14. Coke Robot Win User
    Coke Robot, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 9 to Become the “New Windows 7,” Analyst Says - Similar Threads - Become “New ”

1. #XboxE3 2018: NieR: Automata Become as Gods Edition Comes to Xbox One

in Windows 10 News
    #XboxE3 2018: NieR: Automata Become as Gods Edition Comes to Xbox One: ZX58vsAIhss Xbox fans will finally be able to experience the signature, exhilarating action combat from PlatinumGames’ modern classic and dive into the story of an apocalyptic future where man and machine lifeforms are at war over the fate of the world in NieR: Automata...
  2. Microsoft exec believes LTE will become an integral part of notebooks

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft exec believes LTE will become an integral part of notebooks: Windows 10 on ARM with LTE connectivity is the next big thing, and Microsoft is fully committed to it. Microsoft is betting big on such devices and it’s expected to evolve in the coming months. Zhang Yongli, vice president of Microsoft Greater China, praised the built-in LTE...
  3. my win live mail has become crazy after update

in Windows 10 News
    my win live mail has become crazy after update: The opening page of my live mail has become mirror imaged diagonally and also the lists of emails in my 2 attached accounts are also diagonally mirror imaged. It makes them really hard to read. I have to expand them to half the screen to have a chance of reading them and the...
  4. my win live mail has become very bizarre since the win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 News
    my win live mail has become very bizarre since the win 10 upgrade: The opening page of my live mail has become mirror imaged diagonally and also the lists of emails in my 2 attached accounts are also diagonally mirror imaged. It makes them really hard to read. I have to expand them to half the screen to have a chance of reading them and the...
  5. CD/DVD Drive has become invisible - Win10 Home x64 and Pro x32

in Windows 10 News
    CD/DVD Drive has become invisible - Win10 Home x64 and Pro x32: Both my main workstation (Win10 Home x64 v 1803) and Laptop (Win 10 Pro x32 1709) have developed an issue with the CD/DVD Drive which they never had a couple of weeks back prior to another round of unwanted updates. One specific program - Makemkv - reports it cannot find any...
  6. Chrome webpage has become huge just on one tab

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome webpage has become huge just on one tab: I was on a website on one of my tabs and must have hit some keyboard shortcut by accident that greatly magnified the page. Any idea of how I can restore this back to normal? 109326
  7. ALT + TAB Become WIN + TAB / Task view

in Windows 10 News
    ALT + TAB Become WIN + TAB / Task view: how to change the look of ALT + TAB Become WIN + TAB / Task view? [img] I use ssd. and i want to turn on delayed startup. is it good or bad? 106661
Windows 9 to Become the “New Windows 7,” Analyst Says solved