Windows 10: Windows 9 Will Be Free for Windows 8 Users

Discus and support Windows 9 Will Be Free for Windows 8 Users in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft Indonesia confirms a free license for Windows 9 Windows 9 preview is almost here, as Microsoft will unveil the first public build of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by z3r010, Sep 25, 2014.

1. z3r010 Win User

Windows 9 Will Be Free for Windows 8 Users

Read more

z3r010, Sep 25, 2014

2. Automatic update and free sound good to me

not keeping apps and settings sounds bad

:)

paulsalter, Sep 25, 2014
  3. Andrei V. Win User
    Will Windows 10 be free for Windows 7 users

Yes, first you have to upgrade. Once the upgrade is done, you can grab the Windows 10 install media (it will be available in some form from Microsoft) boot from it and do a clean install.

My advice is to do the clean install and not to continue using the upgraded system.

Andrei V., Sep 25, 2014
  4. Tom Kunzo Win User

Will Windows 10 be free for Windows 7 users

Original title: Windows 10

I have switched from Windows XP to Windows 7 last year.

Unfortunately, within that one year, I my user profile was corrupted three times.

Would Windows 10 free me from this problem for good?

Thank you.

Regards,

Tom Kunzo, Sep 25, 2014
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    I would like to get the Win9 update for free. Yup, on board for that concept totally.
    Keeping that in mind I would also likely purchase a copy of Win9 so I can perform a clean install.

Jeff....

BunnyJ, Sep 25, 2014
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    I agree.. but heck, it's FREE!! *Wink

BunnyJ, Sep 25, 2014
  7. Very true, could cope with the loss of apps, would have to find serial numbers for some

But yup, for free, count me as a definite getting it

*by apps in the article, does it mean store apps or desktop programs, if store apps then no problem as they will just redownload

paulsalter, Sep 25, 2014
  8. echrada Win User

Run Belarc Advisor beforehand and all your serial numbers will be accounted for.

echrada, Sep 25, 2014
  9. davehc Win User
    The eventual cost of Windows 9 may be a big factor here.
    If it costs more than Windows 8, then it is brilliant strategic thinking for MS. Many more intelligent users will be rushing of to the local store to buy Windows 8, and get Windows 9 at that price!

But, I am still wary. Softpedia (Hmm? ) I see that we can download the update free. What I don't see is anything positive regarding whether the download will be automatically updated with your Windows 8 key.

davehc, Sep 25, 2014
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    ^^ Yup, that's not a source that I take as a very reliable one. Personally, I just can't see Win9/Win Threshold being free for anyone.

2c

BunnyJ, Sep 25, 2014
  11. Stephanie Win User
    Likewise I want my own copy *Smile

Stephanie, Sep 25, 2014
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    Nothing like having a copy to perform the good old clean install, IMO. *Smile

BunnyJ, Sep 25, 2014
  13. gzt7d8 Win User

Well if the story holds true, that will be a great perk for those who took the leap of faith to Win 8. *Biggrin

Greg

gzt7d8, Sep 25, 2014
  14. unifex Win User
    Personally, I will have to try the preview first. Regardless of whether it's free or not (and most likely I would get it for free from the University anyway if I wanted to), I need to know whether it actually brings anything new to me in order to bother with the install and take the time to fiddle with the settings. As a rule, I don't like changing operating systems. I have one machine that I built myself where I run 8.1 as a second OS from a separate physical drive, but the only thing I use it for is iTunes (I certainly don't want all that Apple stuff running on my main machine). Compared to 7 (running on the same hardware, just from a different drive), there are very few advantages that I can see and then there is all that Metro ugliness I have to look at. So, the 8.1 will definitely get replaced by 9 next week, but whether it will make it to my main machines - only time will tell.

unifex, Sep 25, 2014
  15. LittleJay Win User
    A free upgrade from W8 would be nice, especially if it allowed you to create an .iso file as well, so a person could do a clean install if they wanted to.

LittleJay, Sep 25, 2014
Thema:

1. Windows 9 Will Be Free for Windows 8 Users - Similar Threads - Free Users

2. Is DirectX Redist June 2010 End-User Runtime free for commercial use?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is DirectX Redist June 2010 End-User Runtime free for commercial use?: Hello,Is the DirectX Redist June 2010 End-User Runtime available via Offline installer https://www.microsoft.com/en-pk/download/details.aspx?id=8109 and Web installer https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=35 free for commercial use?By commercial use, I mean...
  3. Is DirectX Redist June 2010 End-User Runtime free for commercial use?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is DirectX Redist June 2010 End-User Runtime free for commercial use?: Hello,Is the DirectX Redist June 2010 End-User Runtime available via Offline installer https://www.microsoft.com/en-pk/download/details.aspx?id=8109 and Web installer https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=35 free for commercial use?By commercial use, I mean...
  4. Is DirectX Redist June 2010 End-User Runtime free for commercial use?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Free Upgrade to Windows 11 - Loss of User Rights in OS Contract?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free Upgrade to Windows 11 - Loss of User Rights in OS Contract?: I would like to try out this free upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 that is tempting me by being just a click away, but I have heard something unsettling about taking this or indeed any 'free' upgrade to a Windows OS. What I heard is that the user technically forfeits...
  6. Free Upgrade to Windows 11 - Loss of User Rights in OS Contract?

Free Upgrade to Windows 11 - Loss of User Rights in OS Contract?: I would like to try out this free upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 that is tempting me by being just a click away, but I have heard something unsettling about taking this or indeed any 'free' upgrade to a Windows OS. What I heard is that the user technically forfeits...
  7. Windows 10 is nagging users with full-screen Windows 11 “free upgrade” notifications

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is nagging users with full-screen Windows 11 “free upgrade” notifications: Windows 10’s full-screen nags are back! Microsoft is bombarding Windows 10 users with “Now unlocked: You’re eligible for a free upgrade to Windows 11” alerts. After installing the recent updates, users have started receiving full-screen Windows 11 “free upgrade”...
  8. Is there a any free choice of erase released data by quest user by password tab selection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a any free choice of erase released data by quest user by password tab selection: Is there a any free choice of erase released data by quest user by password tab selection Please Follow me by link of Password vault https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-any-free-choice-of-erase-released-data/38220d4d-a5d6-4694-9f80-b06220ec4806
  9. Is there a any free choice of erase released data by quest user by password tab selection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a any free choice of erase released data by quest user by password tab selection: Is there a any free choice of erase released data by quest user by password tab selection Please Follow me by link of Password vault https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-any-free-choice-of-erase-released-data/38220d4d-a5d6-4694-9f80-b06220ec4806
  10. Is there a any free choice of erase released data by quest user by password tab selection