Windows 10: Windows Access to Email Accounts During Setup

Discus and support Windows Access to Email Accounts During Setup in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; If in fact Windows NEEDS full access to complete email setup, then why wasn't a "Radio Button" pop up programmed when access is being requested so that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Karl H 427, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Windows Access to Email Accounts During Setup

If in fact Windows NEEDS full access to complete email setup, then why wasn't a "Radio Button" pop up programmed when access is being requested so that we have the option to accept or refuse? This is a very simple and popular option but is NOT available. So in fact our information is sold to 3rd Party Companies without the option to refuse, correct?

:)

Karl H 427, Aug 24, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Aug 24, 2018
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Aug 24, 2018
  4. Windows Access to Email Accounts During Setup

Lumina 950 email setup not working

To be clear the steps I did, went to account setup, setup non ms email. Nothing happened no email access. Clicked on Outlook mail icon the intial screen asks which accounts to setup only account listed was Outlook. So I assumed itdid not find the other
    account

FeathersMcGraw, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows Access to Email Accounts During Setup

1. Windows Access to Email Accounts During Setup - Similar Threads - Access Email Accounts

2. create a local account during setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    create a local account during setup: I volunteer at a local shelter and at a seniors center. My job is to take older donated laptops, securely wipe them clean, and load a copy of Windows.These laptops might be used for kids, for volunteers to teach computing skills, or in a common room for job searches, web...
  3. create a local account during setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    create a local account during setup: I volunteer at a local shelter and at a seniors center. My job is to take older donated laptops, securely wipe them clean, and load a copy of Windows.These laptops might be used for kids, for volunteers to teach computing skills, or in a common room for job searches, web...
  4. Accessing Setup in Windows Email

Accessing Setup in Windows Email: If the SETUP Icon is not visible after opening Windows Mail be sure to completely enlarge the Left panel that has "Accounts" and "Folders" in it. This problem has not yet been identified and needs to be addressed. The SETUP Icon could simply be moved to a more accessible...
  5. Accessing Setup in Windows Email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing Setup in Windows Email: If the SETUP Icon is not visible after opening Windows Mail be sure to completely enlarge the Left panel that has "Accounts" and "Folders" in it. This problem has not yet been identified and needs to be addressed. The SETUP Icon could simply be moved to a more accessible...
  6. Setup Mail app to access hotmail emails

Setup Mail app to access hotmail emails: For the last weeks, I get the following persistent message: "There is no email program associated to perform the requested actions. Please install an email program, or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel." And my...
  7. Access to Outlook email account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access to Outlook email account: Hi I tried to gain access to my outlook hotmail account. Password would not work. Tried quite a few times and in the end was informed I had tried too many times and needed to create a new email account. I need access to my email account. Microsoft sent questions to...
  8. PIN Windows User Account setup, but not accessible during sign-in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN Windows User Account setup, but not accessible during sign-in: I have a PIN setup to use for my sign-in, but cannot get Sign-in screen to ask for it. I keeps asking for my Windows 10 user account password instead of PIN. I can get in, but I had wanted to use the PIN method. Anyone have an idea what I still need to do, to accomplish...
  9. Access to my email account.

Access to my email account.: When I click the access rectangle on my Windows 10 front page, I am not given access to my emails. Can you help please? Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Ease of access....
  10. Windows 10 Email Account Setup

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Email Account Setup: Anyone using a POP account using the Windows 10 Email feature. I like the look of the Windows Email interface and do not want to use the traditional Microsoft outlook. Does any one have any workarounds to make this possible. Thanks. 12825