Windows 10: Windows account issue

Discus and support Windows account issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I accedently changed my only account become a standard user account on my windows 10 and theres always only a "no" option to allow some apps to make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jordan jr, Aug 3, 2021.

1. jordan jr Win User

Windows account issue

I accedently changed my only account become a standard user account on my windows 10 and theres always only a "no" option to allow some apps to make changes and I basiclly can't change anything as a standard user account, and there's no family and other users option in my settings

:)

jordan jr, Aug 3, 2021
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows account issue :(

Zakin, Aug 3, 2021
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 3, 2021
  4. Windows account issue

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

Windows account issue

1. Windows account issue - Similar Threads - account issue

2. Account Issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Account Issue: I had attempted to change the account admin to a different email and in doing so I had made it so the account I am using now is unable to be used for admin options due to the reason of me getting the pop up "The requested operation requires elevation" I don't have access to...
  3. Windows Hello & Microsoft Account Security Issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello & Microsoft Account Security Issues: Hello dear Community members,I have found myself quite baffled by the inexistence of software allowing you to lock files and folders using biometric authentification through Windows Hello.I've finally resigned and decided it would be worth the shot to go and try One Drive's...
  4. Issues with local account changed from local admin to guest

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with local account changed from local admin to guest: I wonder if you will be able to advise on the following issue:. I have recently changed the local user profile from admin to guest. The user can no longer see things saved to the desktop and to his local machine , favorite tabs in chrome are missing and he can no longer...
  5. Hi I have an issue removing an account that no longer exists on my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hi I have an issue removing an account that no longer exists on my computer: HI I am asking the same question as this post below:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-remove-a-work-account-which-doesnt-exist/7e1bcb9f-35ee-4267-a36f-1e38ae97acf5I had a work Office 365 account on my computer. I no longer work there. I removed...
  6. Windows 10 account issue

Windows 10 account issue: I basiclly can't do anything what an administrator can do because i changed my account to standard account on my windows 10, and i can't reset or do anything because i need to sign in to my laptop using an administrator account, so please help me how to sign in as an...
  7. Is there a security issue with making an account admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is there a security issue with making an account admin: For security, I typically setup a pc by setting up an local admin account and then create other accounts without local admin. My wife complains that she often get popups from Zoom about firewalls and can't remember the admin password to enable it. In the old days, you want to...
  8. Work or school account issue when there isn't one

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Work or school account issue when there isn't one: As you can see it says one of my account requires attention however when I press fix now this pops up:When I click on the account it just loads and comes back to the same screen!...
  9. I can't fix a Temporary Account Issue because I can't find my Admin Password

I can't fix a Temporary Account Issue because I can't find my Admin Password: Basically what's happening is after an update my computer logged me out of my admin account and created a temporary profile. Now I'm not getting anything to work. Even the Settings app isnt opening now! I've been trying almost every trick in the book that I can find on the...
  10. Cant log into Windows 10. Account Password Issue

Cant log into Windows 10. Account Password Issue: My windows 10 laptop now requires me to log into an old email address before I can further access the computer. I havent used that old live.com account for years and do not know the password any more. I clicked the "forgot password" option and it wants to send a code to an...