Windows 10: Windows App Store Not Opening

Discus and support Windows App Store Not Opening in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For the last few days, I have been unable to get the Windows App Store, or any apps downloaded from the windows app store, to be able to open. It opens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RetentiveHybrid, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Windows App Store Not Opening

For the last few days, I have been unable to get the Windows App Store, or any apps downloaded from the windows app store, to be able to open. It opens the initial window and then just closes and nothing occurs. This also occurs with the xbox app. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? How do I fix this? Thank you for your help!

:)

RetentiveHybrid, Aug 8, 2015

2. App store not opening

Hello Angie,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

With the issue description, I understand that you are getting an error “server stumbled code:
    0x801901F7 “while using
    Windows store on Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you in getting this fixed.

I would like to tell you that this issue might be occurring because of damaged registry files, corrupt data and anti-virus or inappropriate settings of date and time

Method 1: First of all check your system’s date and time. You may follow below mentioned steps:

• Press Windows key + X, click on “Settings”

• Click on “Time and language”

• Change time and date, check if the issue persist

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: Try changing your network connection and test your system with different network settings. Make sure the system doesn’t have intermittent connectivity
    or limited WiFi problem. Also make sure the network connection have enough strong strength.

Try method 3, if the issue persist

Method 3:
    Run “Powershell” command

1. Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip:
    Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.

2. Click File > Run New Task

3. Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

4. Type Powershell

5. Type the following in the Powershell prompt:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest

6. Close the Powershell window

7. Reboot the computer

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Aug 8, 2015
  3. App store not opening

I downloaded Windows 10 the day after it came out, and the app store worked just fine. Then, a couple of days ago, it just quit working. It says the server stumbled and gives me error code 0x801901F7 every time.

angiekruger, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Windows App Store Not Opening

I have the exact same issue and have tried all the suggested steps in regards to reinstalling via powershell script and deleting Appdata cache folder. No method has worked.

xlxcrossing, Aug 9, 2015
  5. I can get to the App Store but nothing will download, and some apps do work (Facebook) while others don't (Mail).

thunderclap, Aug 9, 2015
  6. For those of you still experiencing this issue, if the powershell command fails due to missing folders/files/Sys32 then I have finally had success by "resetting" my PC to factory default. This sent me back to 8.1 and erased all of my files and programs but resolved the issue once I upgrade to Windows 10 again. It appears an update had removed some critical files and due to the reset, the files have been restored.

RetentiveHybrid, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows App Store Not Opening

1. Windows App Store Not Opening - Similar Threads - App Store Opening

2. Windows app store won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows app store won't open: I have an window surface 2 and the app store will no longer open for me.I want to update my browser options but can't do that without the store.I've looked through other instructions but none of them are working for me. Are there any other instructions I can follow please to...
  3. Xbox app and Windows store will not open.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox app and Windows store will not open.: Alright, Xbox app and Windows store applications aren't working, but there its likely there are other ms apps that wont work as well. There is no error message, just a flash of the window and its gone. I have tried troubleshooting this for the past week and I have got no...
  4. Windows Apps and Store not opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Apps and Store not opening: We've had this desktop for only a few months. I personally don't use it since I have my laptop but I just checked something on it and found out that the standard windows apps and store aren't working. Can anyone find a solution for this? submitted by /u/Number-no-1 [link]...
  5. Windows App Store won’t open.

Windows App Store won’t open.: Every time I try to open the window app store, it opens and closes really quick. I tried the cache clear and the wsreset.exe and that didnt work either. Any suggestions?...
  6. Issue opening windows store apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue opening windows store apps: [ATTACH] Yes i've reset windows store in apps Yes i've reinstalled said apps that wont open Heres an image of what happens when I attempt to open said apps any comments are appreciated submitted by /u/subbasorn [link] [comments]...
  7. App store not opening

App store not opening: after clicking the icon of app store the app opens and just after a moment it closes without showing any error dialog. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-store-not-opening/13a6fe6c-1e1a-4afb-8d37-9327671175bf"
  8. Opening an app opens the app store instead.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening an app opens the app store instead.: I am trying to open an app that I have on xbox ultimate but when I click on the app it opens the app store instead on the gaming services page. I have tried reinstalling gaming services. This appears to be intermittent as it's happened before and a couple of restarts...
  9. Windows store and Apps stopped opening

Windows store and Apps stopped opening: Hi, Recently, I tried to enter Microsoft Weather App but it opens for less than seconds and then closes without any error. Same happened with Windows Store, News Apps, Feedback Hub, and Facebook App. I tried resetting the weather app, tried wsreset.exe, tried the...
  10. app store not opening

app store not opening: I have recently installed and have two profiles on laptop. One for my daughter and one for me, both login using Microsoft account. My daughter can open app store, but when I switch to my profile it wont open at all. Any ideas? 20638