Windows 10: Windows application false key press / intermittent scrolling

Discus and support Windows application false key press / intermittent scrolling in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So out of the blue last night my PC is acting as if the up arrow key is being spammed, so in windows 10 applications, such as right clicking on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Arapegio, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Arapegio Win User

Windows application false key press / intermittent scrolling

So out of the blue last night my PC is acting as if the up arrow key is being spammed, so in windows 10 applications, such as right clicking on a program on the taskbar, opening the start menu, windows settings, it will continually scroll up. Here is an example of what I mean: Desktop 2018.06.17 - 10.39.56.01Trim - Streamable

I have tried to uninstall my keyboard and mouse drivers, rebooting and pluging them back in, as well as uninstalling them and using multiple different keyboards. The part I can't figure out is this happens only in windows applications, chrome, discord, etc. all function normally. When I run diagnostic on my keyboard it says "USB Composite device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0, Plug the device into an availiable USB 2.0 port, and click Next. Otherwise, click cancel." But I tried that and nothing changed. I have not recently installed any programs, I've done virus scans, and did not have any windows updates the day this started. One moment it was fine, the next this started. Anyone have any suggestions?

:)

Arapegio, Jun 17, 2018
  2. mvalpreda Win User

Search applications when pressing Windows key?

Conflicting info. Grrrr

Windows application false key press / intermittent scrolling [​IMG]

Windows application false key press / intermittent scrolling [​IMG]

mvalpreda, Jun 18, 2018
  3. Certain window items bounce on Scrolling

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know if your touchpad functionality is fine other than the mentioned issue?

As you are facing issues with scroll options in few of the applications on Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to change the mouse & touchpad settings and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type mouse
      and select Mouse & touchpad settings.
    • Choose appropriately with the following options and check if the issue persists.
    • Roll the mouse wheel to scroll
    • Choose how many lines to scroll each time

Method 2:

Step 1: As you are using touchpad, I suggest you to use different mouse to different ports and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe mode and check if the issue persists.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 18, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows application false key press / intermittent scrolling - Similar Threads - application false key

2. uncontrolled scrolling when I press the number keys in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uncontrolled scrolling when I press the number keys in Windows 10: My laptop is running Windows 10 and is a Lenovo Ideapad with an intel i5-4210U procesor. I have had no problems with Windows 10 for the past 10 years . A few weeks ago , after an automatic update to Windows 10 from Microsoft , I started experiencing uncontrolled scrolling and...
  3. uncontrolled scrolling when I press the number keys in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    uncontrolled scrolling when I press the number keys in Windows 10: My laptop is running Windows 10 and is a Lenovo Ideapad with an intel i5-4210U procesor. I have had no problems with Windows 10 for the past 10 years . A few weeks ago , after an automatic update to Windows 10 from Microsoft , I started experiencing uncontrolled scrolling and...
  4. uncontrolled scrolling when I press the number keys in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. False key

in Windows 10 Customization
    False key: When I went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CrashControl\AutoRebootit was set to 00 = no1 = yesso I changed it to yes,should I change it back,bc my pc wasn't rebooting when it crashed,I tested it....
  6. Windows getting false key presses like a key is being pressed down when I open a certain file

Windows getting false key presses like a key is being pressed down when I open a certain file: I’ve had this issue for a while now, but before it just happend at random times. Now, whenever I open a certain file, the key is being pressed down not physically. Ive tried the on screen keyboard, but its the same issue, so its not my keyboard that is being the problem. Ive...
  7. Windows receiving false key presses (as if a key is being held down)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows receiving false key presses (as if a key is being held down): So, every once in a while my computer starts acting like I'm holding down "6" number key when I'm not. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-receiving-false-key-presses-as-if-a-key-is/330da41a-adf2-435b-8c7a-9422d0685860
  8. false key press ecen when keyboard is unplugged

false key press ecen when keyboard is unplugged: i just recently have this issued where my desktop think im pressing up on the keyboard. I even tried unplugging and shutting down/restart my computer and it's still doing the samething. i cant use chrome or use and of the icon on the deaktop becuz it move back up/scroll...
  9. Arrow key acts as it's pressed up only on windows applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Arrow key acts as it's pressed up only on windows applications: I'm having an issue where my arrow key is acting like it's constantly being pressed up several times per second. What's really odd is that it only happens in windows OS apps, such as the start menu, control panel, or on my pinned applications as in the attached picture....
  10. Search applications when pressing Windows key?

in Windows 10 Support
    Search applications when pressing Windows key?: In Windows 7/8/8.1 I would press the Start/Windows button and start typing the name of a program (ie: Firefox, Word, etc) and it would pop up, learn, and as I did the same thing in the future.....I would just press Windows key, type wor, and Word would pop up and I press...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows receiving false key presses

2. windows false key presses