Windows 10: Windows apps and app stores don't work

Discus and support Windows apps and app stores don't work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have found that the Windows 10 app store disappeared from my system, apps like calculator installed through the app store do not start. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by i2000s, Feb 25, 2016.

1. i2000s Win User

Windows apps and app stores don't work

Hi,

I have found that the Windows 10 app store disappeared from my system, apps like calculator installed through the app store do not start. The most strange thing is that all those apps has some strange strings appended in front of the original app names. By clicking those apps, they me to no where. For example, searching "Store" on the startup, the screen snapshot is shown below:

Windows apps and app stores don't work [​IMG]

The other snapshot is below, where the red brick on the left corner should be the App Store tile. Applications not installed through the app store like OneNote still work.

Windows apps and app stores don't work [​IMG]

I have tried a few solutions that I can find online. None works for me. For example, this one: Windows App Store doesnt load after Windows 10 upgrade! | OUC1TOO
    and this one: BEST FIX: Windows 10 Store Wont Open

Thanks,
    Qi

:)

i2000s, Feb 25, 2016
  2. Maria Fab Win User

apps store don't work

Hello,

There are a lot of possible reasons why you're unable to download apps from the store such as Windows Firewall being disabled, or incorrect date and time settings on your PC. For us to determine its cause, we'd like to know the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your device prior to this?
    • Do you have a stable internet connection?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

Meanwhile, kindly perform the following methods to help resolve your concern:

METHOD 1: Check the Date, Time, and Time Zone configured on your PC.

If you have incorrect date and time set on your PC, you'll have issues installing Windows Store apps. You may open a browser, go to Bing.com, and then search for the time. The results page should show the current time and time zone. Verify
    that the location was found correctly, and then compare it with Windows configuration. To change the date and time, follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel> Clock, Language, and Region>
      Date and Time> Set the time and date.
    • Change the date and time, and then change the time zone if necessary.
    • Click Apply, and then click OK.

METHOD 2:
    Run the Windows apps troubleshooter

If you are having an issue with an app from the Windows store, you may run this troubleshooter. Follow the on-screen instructions.
    It will help resolve software issues on your PC automatically.

METHOD 3: Reset Windows store cache.

Once you clear the Windows store cache, it will run smooth when you launch it, or when you browse or update apps. Here's how:

• Press Windows logo key + R.
    • Type wsreset.exe in the Run command box, and then press Enter.

We'll be waiting for your update, and let us know if you'll need further assistance.

Maria Fab, Feb 25, 2016
  3. apps store don't work

My store work but i can't download any apps. I need help. Please.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

LukrecijaBatinović, Feb 25, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Feb 25, 2016
  5. i2000s Win User
    Seems this will take a while. Can I just reinstall the Windows Store? I haven't found working solution on reinstall Win Store though...

i2000s, Feb 25, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If the Store has been uninstalled for all users, then there's not a known way to reinstall it other than a repair install. *Sad

Brink, Feb 25, 2016
  7. i2000s Win User
    I am doing the Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade following the tutorial you sent to me step by step. Now on step 12 waiting for the system to finish up a few update checks. Will report back to see if everything works and if any apps or data damaged... Hopefully everything works for the minimum of efforts!

Thank you Brink in advance. You have been helping me for many times!

i2000s, Feb 25, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're welcome. A repair install can take a while to finish though.

Brink, Feb 25, 2016
  9. i2000s Win User
    The Windows 10 Installation has just failed! No given reason in the end. I have deleted all restore points before upgrading to save space. I was using the external USB driver to store extra data. C partition had only 10.8Gb left. What the problem could be?

i2000s, Feb 25, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 25, 2016
  11. i2000s Win User
    I was using the external USB sticker for the installation. But now I got 17Gb free space in the C-partition. I will redo the installation now.

i2000s, Feb 25, 2016
  12. i2000s Win User
    It failed again for no given reason...

i2000s, Feb 25, 2016
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Are you using installation media for the same build, language, and edition that you currently have installed?

Brink, Feb 25, 2016
  14. i2000s Win User
    I can see the language and edition which are the same as the installed one. The program was downloaded from Microsoft automatically following the tutorial, but I don't know what build it uses. The program checks updates before installation, I would guess the build should be the same as my installed one. It has been weird.

i2000s, Feb 25, 2016
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    In that case, you could try resetting Windows 10 instead. You may need to do so at boot if it won't let you from within Windows. *Sad

Reset Windows 10

Brink, Feb 25, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows apps and app stores don't work - Similar Threads - apps app stores

2. Settings app and Microsoft store don't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app and Microsoft store don't work.: Hi all, my settings app and microsoft store app and search bar don't open or work.Using windows key + I can sometimes open the settings app, but more often than not it just closes itself.Similarly the microsoft store app won't even open, which makes it difficult to access...
  3. Settings app and Microsoft store don't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings app and Microsoft store don't work.: Hi all, my settings app and microsoft store app and search bar don't open or work.Using windows key + I can sometimes open the settings app, but more often than not it just closes itself.Similarly the microsoft store app won't even open, which makes it difficult to access...
  4. Windows apps don't work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows apps don't work: I need help with the Microsoft Store applications. It seems that for the last few days my applications, including those downloaded from Microsoft Store, are updating and never opening, how can I fix this problem?...
  5. Windows apps don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows apps don't work: I need help with the Microsoft Store applications. It seems that for the last few days my applications, including those downloaded from Microsoft Store, are updating and never opening, how can I fix this problem?...
  6. Windows apps don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows apps don't work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows apps don't work: Hi there. I need help with Microsoft applications. These last few days my apps, including those downloaded from Microsoft Store, are updating and never opening, please help me with this problem....
  8. Apps don't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps don't work: I noticed my calculator wouldn't launch. I found a fix using PowerShell. I uninstalled the app altogether. Then attempted to re-install it. Now the app is not in my list at all. As I continued to solve the problem, I discovered that none of my apps will launch....
  9. Windows apps don't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows apps don't work: A few features like Start menu, Search, Speakers, Calendar, Network access icons do not work. Upon clicking on them, they do not open. The cursor simply converts in a loading symbol and and loads for 2-3 seconds; no results are displayed. Even a few Microsoft apps like MS...
  10. Microsoft Store and apps don't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store and apps don't work: Around a month ago, I noticed that the microsoft store and the apps weren't working. When I try to open them, they close after a few seconds they were opened. I tried many powershell and command prompt solutions, but they didn't work. I also tried wsreset.exe, but it did not...