Windows 10: Windows Apps greyed out with Users folder relocated

Discus and support Windows Apps greyed out with Users folder relocated in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; During Windows 10 clean installation from bootable USB drive - using https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html - I've relocated Users... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kaiser, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Kaiser Win User

Windows Apps greyed out with Users folder relocated

During Windows 10 clean installation from bootable USB drive - using https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html - I've relocated Users folder into D:\ directory.

Operation went smooth but now I've encountered a problem mentioned in topic's title and presented on the screenshot: Start Menu
    Basically, all Apps are not turning on for all current and future accounts. On the other hand, Search and Settings are working properly.

To get rid of the problem I've followed steps listed in this thread: https://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...reyed-out.html
    ...but it didn't work out. Instead, PowerShell returned error HRESULT: 0x80073CF3 for all reinstallation attempts.

Following error applies for all Apps:
    Code: Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF3, Pakiet nie przeszedł weryfikacji aktualizacji, zależno ści lub konfliktów. Windows cannot install package Microsoft.3DBuilder because this package depends on another package that could not be found. This package requires minimum version 14.0.0.0 of framework Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00 published by CN=Microsof t Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US to install. Provide the framework along with t his package. NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 3b952808-d8b7-0001-8b2b-953bb7d8d001 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 3b952808-d8b7-0001-8b2b-953bb7d8d001 At line:1 char:38 + ... | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.I ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : WriteError: (C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], IOException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand[/quote] As for relocationg Users folder back to default location - I don't want to do that because I want my system partition as clean as possible.
    This is current situation, I've done nothing more to impede poor Windows' performance. *Wink [/quote] L: My Computer
    Windows Apps greyed out with Users folder relocated [​IMG]
    You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... Computer Type: PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number: Custom Built
    CPU: Intel i5 3570K
    Motherboard: msi Z77A-GD55
    Memory: Kingston HyperX 2x4GB 1600MHz CL9
    Graphics Card: Zotac GTX 460 AMP!

[*]
    [*]
    Junior Member Posts : 2 Windows 10
    New[/b] 25 Aug 2015 #2

Kaiser, Aug 16, 2015
  2. LBXZero Win User

How do I change default storage for New Apps in Windows 10?

I open the Windows 10 settings screen -> System -> Storage to change default locations for apps and such. I can change everything but "New Apps". It is not greyed out or anything. I click it, select the second drive, and then hit "Apply". A message box
    pops up asking me "Delete other apps?" It asks if I want to continue. I press "Yes", and all the Save Locations settings reset to default.

Normally, I just use methods to fully relocate the Users folder and be done with it. Never had any problems before. I always have problems with the 1st party methods of relocating User folders.

So, how do I set the location for new apps to the second drive with this error?

LBXZero, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Possible Bug in Microsoft Solitaire Collection Windows 10 with relocated Users folder.

Well, it turns out the relocated user folder was not the issue. I had another "failure to launch" yesterday with the user folder in the proper location :-(

RonRosenfeld, Aug 16, 2015
Thema:

Windows Apps greyed out with Users folder relocated

1. Windows Apps greyed out with Users folder relocated - Similar Threads - Apps greyed Users

2. Relocation of Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Relocation of Folders: Can I change the location of folders, say Photos, from SSD drive to internal hard drive? From C drive to D drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/relocation-of-folders/60ff9525-9da6-4468-bba8-bdc0ab627629
  3. apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps greyed out: my apps are greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-greyed-out/1b1ec990-efc0-481f-a127-5495654f3c4b
  4. apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    apps greyed out: my apps are greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-greyed-out/1b1ec990-efc0-481f-a127-5495654f3c4b
  5. Relocating User Desktop Folder Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Relocating User Desktop Folder Problem: I need help correcting a problem I created with the relocation of my user Desktop folder. I am new to Windows 10, and I have limited experience with Windows7. System: Lenovo M725s Windows 10 Pro, 1909 Build 18363.815 AMD Ryzen 5 Pro CPU 8 GB memory C: SSD, D: hard file I...
  6. Having troubles with relocating users folders.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Having troubles with relocating users folders.: Hello, I am trying to follow the 'Move Users Folders to another location' (Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials) tutorial and I cannot get my Windows system to move the folders. I watched the Video, very helpful, and noticed a mention of an "all...
  7. Having troubles with relocating users folders.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Having troubles with relocating users folders.: Hello, I am trying to follow the 'Move Users Folders to another location' (Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials) tutorial and I cannot get my Windows system to move the folders. I watched the Video, very helpful, and noticed a mention of an "all...
  8. Relocating Users Folder

Relocating Users Folder: Does the Users folder have to be relocated to an empty drive on an existing win 10 installation, or is any local drive ok? 39109
  9. Issues with relocated Users folder

Issues with relocated Users folder: Hi everybody, I recently performed a clean install of Win 10, following the instruction of this Forum to relocate the users folder on another drive. Now, I'm having troubles with Microsoft Edge browser, and I'd like to restore it. I've followed the instrucions of this and...
  10. November Update on a machine with relocated Users folder

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    November Update on a machine with relocated Users folder: Anyone tried to install the November Update on a machine with relocated 'Users' folder (per this guide)? Does it install? Or is it necessary to bring 'Users' back to C: before installing this update? 29778