Windows 10: Windows APPS ICON NOT SHOWING PROPERLY on taskbar

Discus and support Windows APPS ICON NOT SHOWING PROPERLY on taskbar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It's been couple of days since I upgraded my system to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Everything is working fine except this nasty error. If I pin apps to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HyperionFumed, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Windows APPS ICON NOT SHOWING PROPERLY on taskbar

It's been couple of days since I upgraded my system to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Everything is working fine except this nasty error. If I pin apps to taskbar or run apps , the app icons on the taskbar are shown as white square. And I am seeing the same thing on Apps & Feature settings list. The icons are there but as the backgrounds are shown as grey-white chequered pattern (for the transparency ), it looks like white squares. Rebuilt the icon cache but to no avail.
    Windows APPS ICON NOT SHOWING PROPERLY on taskbar [​IMG]

And on the start menu everything looks fine.

:)

HyperionFumed, Jul 30, 2016

2. Volume icon on taskbar not working properly

The volume icon is on the taskbar when I first turn on this computer, but if I put it to sleep, which I do on a regular basis, the icon disappears and I cannot turn the volume down. This is very annoying. I never had this problem before Windows 10. What
    is happening with this? I would appreciate an answer a.s.a.p. Thank you.

Loretta A. Harnarine, Jul 30, 2016
  3. SahilSahu Win User
    windows 10 notification icon is not working

after sometimeof running the windws 10 notification icon in the taskbar is not working properly

SahilSahu, Jul 30, 2016
  4. Windows APPS ICON NOT SHOWING PROPERLY on taskbar

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

One of the above tutorials should help with your blank System Apps &Feature Icons issue.

Taskbar Pinned Apps - Reset and Clear in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

I noticed in your screen shot of the taskbar, only some of the icons are blank. This may be due to programs you have uninstalled. R/Click on one of the blank icons and select "Unpin from taskbar." If this doesn't work, try resetting the taskbar icons.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 30, 2016
  5. Daz1967 Win User
    Off-topic but where did you get that awesome clock/date desktop theme from, HyperionFumed? Thanks.

Hope you get your issue resolved.

Daz1967, Aug 5, 2016
  6. Thank you very much for the suggestions..... Actually I had a program called SageThumbs on my Windows 7 which was probably incompatible with Windows 10. After uninstalling the program everything came good except the settings cog icon. Being frustrated finally I did a clean installation with Windows 10 anniversary update.

HyperionFumed, Aug 5, 2016
  7. HyperionFumed, Aug 5, 2016
  8. Windows APPS ICON NOT SHOWING PROPERLY on taskbar

That's one way to put it. Actually, you did a Windows 10 Upgrade to fix your issue. Hey, whatever works...right? So, how are you liking 10? I have it on one of my other computers, I'm quite impressed with it. Lots of new bells and whistles. Navigation is much easier, that is, once you've become accustomed to using it.

Glad you were able to get it sorted.
    John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 6, 2016
  9. I have started to like it. Yeah, it's pretty impressive unlike W8 or W8.1. I think people like it or gonna like it because there are so many common things between W7 & W10, with the inclusion of Cortana. It is smarter and there is improvement on usability too. Though there are still glitches on W10 because it's still in its infancy. On the other hand, I do think that W7 is still unbeatable. W7 is more aesthetic than W10, way more customizable than W10. See these screenshots, and you will instantly know, visually how stunning was my W7.

HyperionFumed, Aug 6, 2016
    AmericanPharaoh, Aug 6, 2016
  11. Thank you John. I have 14.393.10. I have not yet explored how customizable W10 is, I'll explore very soon. You should get a microphone to have fun with Cortana. I don't have a separate microphone too. What I am doing is using a broken sony in ear headset as a microphone with an audio adapter and it does pretty good job with microphone amplification turned on.

Regards,
    Asif

HyperionFumed, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows APPS ICON NOT SHOWING PROPERLY on taskbar

1. Windows APPS ICON NOT SHOWING PROPERLY on taskbar - Similar Threads - APPS ICON SHOWING

2. Taskbar not showing proper icon logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not showing proper icon logo: Hello, I had synced my computers and that might’ve played a factor with this but I am not sure. How can I make sure the right logos appear on the taskbar. I have telegram opened and I can see it in the taskbar but it’s not telegram logo but paper/text icon. How can I make...
  3. Taskbar not showing proper icon logo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar not showing proper icon logo: Hello, I had synced my computers and that might’ve played a factor with this but I am not sure. How can I make sure the right logos appear on the taskbar. I have telegram opened and I can see it in the taskbar but it’s not telegram logo but paper/text icon. How can I make...
  4. App icons not showing on taskbar and Start

in Windows 10 Customization
    App icons not showing on taskbar and Start: When I opened my computer and then BOOM! All my windows store app icons were gone from the taskbar and start even settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-icons-not-showing-on-taskbar-and-start/55cc2077-6b89-4e1c-8e9f-fd08fc6ed1cd
  5. App icons not showing on taskbar and Start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App icons not showing on taskbar and Start: When I opened my computer and then BOOM! All my windows store app icons were gone from the taskbar and start even settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-icons-not-showing-on-taskbar-and-start/55cc2077-6b89-4e1c-8e9f-fd08fc6ed1cd
  6. Taskbar Icons not showing properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Icons not showing properly: Taskbar icons are not showing properly after unpin and repin, after resetting, it just shows my icons as a white window with blue rectangle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-not-showing-properly/b3bdc056-7554-4527-8046-a43b9d1c96cf
  7. Taskbar Icons not showing properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Icons not showing properly: Taskbar icons are not showing properly after unpin and repin, after resetting, it just shows my icons as a white window with blue rectangle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-not-showing-properly/b3bdc056-7554-4527-8046-a43b9d1c96cf
  8. Taskbar app icons not showing properly after being minimized in RDP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar app icons not showing properly after being minimized in RDP: If I remote desktop to any of my Windows10 PC's, open a few apps and then minimize any open application windows I can hover over them and see the thumbnails of them in the taskbar. If I leave them minimized and then minimize my RDP session, when I come back to that open RDP...
  9. Taskbar app icons not showing properly after being minimized in RDP

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar app icons not showing properly after being minimized in RDP: If I remote desktop to any of my Windows10 PC's, open a few apps and then minimize any open application windows I can hover over them and see the thumbnails of them in the taskbar. If I leave them minimized and then minimize my RDP session, when I come back to that open RDP...
  10. Taskbar icons showing wrong app?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icons showing wrong app?: My taskbar icons are suddenly showing the wrong app. This is a screenshot the taskbar with an open a PDF, it is showing the icon for Photoshop: [img] The file icons display correctly elsewhere. I've tried https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html 37980