Windows 10: Windows apps keeps reinstalling and other app related issues

Discus and support Windows apps keeps reinstalling and other app related issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all... I've spent the entire weekend troubleshooting issues with windows. Ended doing Inplace Upgrade and still same issues pop up. I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gil, Apr 23, 2016.

1. GIL
    gil Win User

Windows apps keeps reinstalling and other app related issues

Hi all...

I've spent the entire weekend troubleshooting issues with windows. Ended doing Inplace Upgrade and still same issues pop up.
    I need some serious professional help to troubleshoot them, please!

1. Mail & Calendar app - cannot add account. As soon as I try to add an account, I get this error:
    we're sorry but we weren't able to do that 0x8004010f
    I've tried WSReset.exe, I've used PowerShell to remove the package and installed it again from the Store. Nothing works!

2. Windows apps keeps reinstalling in drive D:, though I have set all apps to install in drive C:
    Windows keeps creating this bloody WpSystem folder in my D: drive. I delete it and it pops up again. I want windows to stop reinstalling apps like 3D builder for god sake!
    3. I'm the admin on my PC and the only owner. Why do I see "Some settings are managed by your organization"???
    How can I remove this message.
    4. Can't edit tiles in start menu. Can't resize, add, remove. I used to be able to. Now nothing.

Disclaimer: Please don't post a solution in form of SFC /scannow and DISM commands and Anti Virus checks. I've DONE them all and System Health and SFC and virus scan (using BitDefender) came all clean. I kindly ask for proper solution to this *Smile
    Thanks!

:)

2. Windows 10: Store App (And Other Apps) Keeps Crashing

Hello,

Try creating new user account, see if the apps works on that.

Regards.

Kapil Arya MVP, Apr 23, 2016
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 23, 2016
  4. lmaneke Win User

Is this a clean install of Windows or part of the free upgrade? I'm almost wondering if you have a registry issue.

You may need to backup important data, wipe your drive clean and do a clean install of Windows and see if the problem persists.

lmaneke, Apr 23, 2016
  5. GIL
    gil Win User
    clean install. and no, I'll fight to death but won't do a wipe and fresh install *Smile

6. Where did you get your install media?
    10 Pro, just double checking?
    Logged in with Microsoft ID?
    User account is a member of the administrators group?
    Could you post a screen shot of your expanded disk management screen?

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows apps keeps reinstalling and other app related issues - Similar Threads - apps keeps reinstalling

2. The Microsoft Store app is missing, and so is every other app relating to windows.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The Microsoft Store app is missing, and so is every other app relating to windows.: I did a reset of my computer, deleting all files and reinstalling windows 10. This has never posed a problem before, until yesterday. I restarted my computer and eventually discovered that all windows apps were missing, I did eventually find the microsoft store app after...
  3. The Microsoft Store app is missing, and so is every other app relating to windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Microsoft Store app is missing, and so is every other app relating to windows.: I did a reset of my computer, deleting all files and reinstalling windows 10. This has never posed a problem before, until yesterday. I restarted my computer and eventually discovered that all windows apps were missing, I did eventually find the microsoft store app after...
  4. The Microsoft Store app is missing, and so is every other app relating to windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft related apps and a few others broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft related apps and a few others broken: I have been signed out and cannot log into most if not all Windows 10 apps and games.Whenever I try to open the Microsoft Store I get the error code "0x80131500" and when opening the Xbox console companion I get the error code "0xbba". Using the regular Xbox app it launches...
  6. microsoft store and other microsoft related apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft store and other microsoft related apps: So i have recently experienced some black screen with cursor bug and glitches and ever since i got that fixed i havent been able to open microsoft store or any store related apps. I have tried everything from reseting the app reparing and i even tried using the powershell...
  7. Alexa and other unwanted apps keep reinstalling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alexa and other unwanted apps keep reinstalling: Brand new computer and I'm hating this. I have very limited internet, only 10gb per month as I live in a rural area. So this business of apps reinstalling is EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING. I come here looking for a solution but no matter how I say it the search results are from 2-3...
  8. Store apps keep reinstalling

Store apps keep reinstalling: I am pretty sure I uninstalled most of the store apps after installation some months ago, and have gotten a notification about some nonsense album being created for me few minutes ago. Upon some inspection I realized most if not all of that garbage somehow got reinstalled,...
  9. Store apps keep reinstalling

in Windows 10 Support
    Store apps keep reinstalling: I am pretty sure I uninstalled most of the store apps after installation some months ago, and have gotten a notification about some nonsense album being created for me few minutes ago. Upon some inspection I realized most if not all of that garbage somehow got reinstalled,...
  10. How to reinstall Windows Store App and other default Windows apps?

How to reinstall Windows Store App and other default Windows apps?: Did a fresh install of Windows 10 recently and usually after I finish the setup I uninstall programs and apps that I do not use, this includes many of the default Windows apps. This time, I accidentally uninstalled the Photos and the Windows Store app. I've contacted official...