Windows 10: Windows Attachment Manager - Disable Blocking Downloaded Files

Discus and support Windows Attachment Manager - Disable Blocking Downloaded Files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Howdy, I wanna Disable downloaded files from the Internet from being blocked in Windows (Registry Only). Code:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by omidsolo, Nov 9, 2017.

1. omidsolo Win User

Windows Attachment Manager - Disable Blocking Downloaded Files

Howdy,
    I wanna Disable downloaded files from the Internet from being blocked in Windows (Registry Only).
    Code: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments] "SaveZoneInformation"=dword:0000000x [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments] "SaveZoneInformation"=dword:0000000x[/quote] The problem is Entry Value.
    Microsoft says it's "ON 1" or "OFF 2".
    TenForums says it's "ENABLE 0" or "Disable 1".
    To Disable should I use "2" according to Microsoft or "1" according to TenForums?
    Who's wrong here? *Sad

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...rosoft-windows
    Disable Downloaded Files from being Blocked in Windows Security System Tutorials

:)

omidsolo, Nov 9, 2017

2. File History does not back up blocked files.

Hi

It appears that File History does not back up blocked files. This means that any attachments or files I download are not being backed up.

I would suggest this is a bug.

The only workaround I can find is to disable blocking as per

Disable downloaded files from being blocked in Windows 10

If there is a better option I would be happy to find it?

Phil

philrosenberg, Nov 9, 2017
  3. Gil deG Win User
    All downloads need to be 'Unblocked befor i can use them properly....Any Help????

Hi Simone,

You may try the following steps below on how to unblock all the files that you'll be downloading:

1. Click Start, type in gpedit.msc.

2. Go to "User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Attachment Manager".

3. Double-click on "Do not preserve zone information in file attachments".

4. Choose the "Enabled" option and click Apply > OK.

5. Close the "Local Group Policy Editor" window.

Notes:

You will need administrator access to do the above steps. Previously downloaded files that are blocked will continue to remain blocked until you unblock them manually. Only the files you download after enabling the setting above will avoid getting blocked.

Let us know how it goes.

Gil deG, Nov 9, 2017
  4. Windows Attachment Manager - Disable Blocking Downloaded Files

If you want to disable “Do You Want to Run This File” dialog message copy below registry text into a blank Notepad file and save it with a .reg file extension.

Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download] "CheckExeSignatures"="no" "RunInvalidSignatures"=dword:00000001 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments] "SaveZoneInformation"=dword:00000001 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations] "LowRiskFileTypes"=".zip;.rar;.nfo;.txt;.exe;.bat;.com;.cmd;.reg;.msi;.htm;.html;.gif;.bmp;.jpg;.avi;.mpg;.mpeg;.mov;.mp3;.m3u;.wav;"[/quote]

FreeBooter, Nov 9, 2017
  5. omidsolo Win User
    Thanks dude, but please take some time to read the posts before answering.
    Also Microsoft and TenForums are hyperlinked, click to find out what am I pointing at.

omidsolo, Nov 9, 2017
  6. mrgeek Win User
    "The problem is Entry Value.
    Microsoft says it's "ON 1" or "OFF 2".
    TenForums says it's "ENABLE 0" or "Disable 1".
    To Disable should I use "2" according to Microsoft or "1" according to TenForums?
    Who's wrong here?"

Export the current values and note save location. Then just test the values and you'll know in 5 mins.

edit: a cursory reading leads me to believe that Brink is talking about SaveZoneInformation while the MS article is referring to DefaultFileTypeRisk which is a different value calling your non-MS anti-virus programs to do a scan before downloading. Am I missing something that you're not ?

mrgeek, Nov 9, 2017
  7. omidsolo Win User
    Your method works only when I have a sure way of doing that in Windows, then I set it and export the registry to compare the values.

omidsolo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows Attachment Manager - Disable Blocking Downloaded Files

1. Windows Attachment Manager - Disable Blocking Downloaded Files - Similar Threads - Attachment Manager Disable

2. Downloaded files blocked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloaded files blocked: Our facility uses Citrix remote environments frequently. For unknown reasons recently certain downloaded files are locked in Windows 10. These files were not an issue until recently. I tracked this down to potentially Windows attachment manager. I can configure the group...
  3. Downloaded files blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded files blocked: Our facility uses Citrix remote environments frequently. For unknown reasons recently certain downloaded files are locked in Windows 10. These files were not an issue until recently. I tracked this down to potentially Windows attachment manager. I can configure the group...
  4. Downloaded files blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disable uploading or attachments

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable uploading or attachments: Hello community.In our environment we want to disable uploading files over internet or attachments like email attachments is there is a group policy for disabling that? and what we have to do if we want to achieve that? I tried googling about it and we didn’t find any who can...
  6. Disable uploading or attachments

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable uploading or attachments: Hello community.In our environment we want to disable uploading files over internet or attachments like email attachments is there is a group policy for disabling that? and what we have to do if we want to achieve that? I tried googling about it and we didn’t find any who can...
  7. opening of downloaded files blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening of downloaded files blocked: I think Microsoft is blocking opening of downloads that are not microsoft. I dont know if I have changed some settings somewhere as it wasnt happening before - I just used to get a warning box that the product wasnt Microsoft and did I still want to open it. Now I just get a...
  8. Attachment Manager workaround for downloading virus detected files didn't work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Attachment Manager workaround for downloading virus detected files didn't work: I wanted to download a .zip file which Chrome detected as virus by the Windows Attachment Manager, so I took a look to a workaround to download the file, I did all the steps: I went to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments" and I...
  9. Defender blocking file download.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender blocking file download.: I am unable to download photos or other files into folders unless I disable Defender Real Time Protection. I cannot properly run FreeFileSync, KeePass2, O&OSU.exe, and am unable to download photos form my Canon camera. Desperately need help!...
  10. Disable Downloaded Files from being Blocked in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Disable Downloaded Files from being Blocked in Windows: How to: Disable Downloaded Files from being Blocked in Windows How to Disable Downloaded Files from being Blocked in Windows The Attachment Manager is included in Windows to help protect your PC from unsafe attachments that you might receive with an e-mail message and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows attachment manager disable

2. windows attachment manager

3. attachment manager disable

4. how to disable windows attachment manager,
  5. window attachment manager,
  6. windows attachment manager disable windows 10,
  7. how to turn off windows attachment manager,
  8. attachment manager disabled,
  9. windows attachment manager turn off,
  10. windows attachment manager windows 10,
  11. disable attachment manager,