Windows 10: Windows Audio device Graph Isolation is making my cpu run hotter

Discus and support Windows Audio device Graph Isolation is making my cpu run hotter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just yesterday when i changed my pc case out, i noticed my fans spinning a lot faster than usual, i checked my windows task manager and noticed a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VenKazi, Dec 29, 2016.

1. VenKazi Win User

Windows Audio device Graph Isolation is making my cpu run hotter

Just yesterday when i changed my pc case out, i noticed my fans spinning a lot faster than usual, i checked my windows task manager and noticed a "Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation" adding a 15% cpu load totaling 30% with all other processes. the result of this is a 120 degree F average temp, when it should really be (what im okay with) 90F.

My audio is fine with out touching anything, end the process and i get no audio,*note when i did this i got a message from windows saying "no audio?" and went to their site and followed their instructions* upon reading some stuff i go into my device manager, the audio section, and i notice this new USB pnp Audio Device, which i never noticed (or was just blind) till now, uninstalled it and rebooted my PC, the device was still there +i had audio +the process wasn't running.

Windows Audio device Graph Isolation is making my cpu run hotter [​IMG]

Windows Audio device Graph Isolation is making my cpu run hotter [​IMG]

Turned my PC on today and the Process is back and my temps are up.

does anyone have a good way to remove the process permanently? also could it be the HD audio i connected to my motherboard from my front panel?

:)

VenKazi, Dec 29, 2016

2. audiodg.exe Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation

Can anyone help with my CPU running at 100%. I have figured out it is Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation, but have no idea how to make it go away.

AlanMachon, Dec 29, 2016
  3. Windows audio device graph isolation high CPU

I don't know if this might help, I had this same issue and disabling "hey Cortana" in Cortana settings fixed this issue entirely. I believe respond to "Hey Cortana" may be enabled on your PC. If so, tap search bar on the taskbar and then tap settings at
    bottom left corner and disable hey Cortana and your problem will be gone.

Ashutoshm07, Dec 29, 2016
  4. Windows Audio device Graph Isolation is making my cpu run hotter

Caledon Ken, Dec 30, 2016
  5. VenKazi Win User
    VenKazi, Dec 30, 2016
  6. Well then you could shutdown the enhancements as outlined in article by entering your playback devices. Maybe not all but maybe one or two of them are driving the most activity. I believe you said you were okay with sound when you had killed this process so maybe you can shut all enhancements off.

At least you know your options. Good luck.

Caledon Ken, Dec 30, 2016
  7. fireberd Win User
    One thing I notice from your Device Manager is you only have "High Definition Audio Device" listed, apparently for the PC sound. That is only the generic, basic function, Windows installed sound driver. Get the correct hardware sound driver for your PC and see if that makes a difference. Any sound enhancements may need the correct driver for proper operation.

HP shows an IDT driver for Win 8.1, which should work on Win 10 (no Win 10 drivers are shown).
    HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP(R) Customer Support

The USB PnP audio device. Do you have USB headset or mic plugged in?

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Audio device Graph Isolation is making my cpu run hotter

1. Windows Audio device Graph Isolation is making my cpu run hotter - Similar Threads - Audio device Graph

2. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation High CPU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation High CPU: There have been lots of questions about this, butno answers I can find that relate to my case. I have 3 ways to boot the samelaptop: WTG W10 1909 from a USB stick, WTG W10 2004 from a SSD via a USB adaptorand 20H2 from the HD. Only one of these, WTG W10 2004 suffers from the...
  3. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation using up CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation using up CPU: Hello! I'm Andy. To start with, recently I reinstalled Windows 10 on my PC. It all went alright, except now I've started having some issues with my audio. I looked into why and found through task manager that Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation was using an abnormally high...
  4. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation: Source Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation Summary Stopped working Date ‎04-‎May-‎20 5:28 PM Status Not reported Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\audiodg.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: AUDIODG.EXE...
  5. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation: Hi everyone. I am wondering if the amount of RAM consumed by the Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation is normal; it was consuming 250MB when I took the screenshot (link below). Google says that this process should not consume huge amounts of system resources. So how can I fix...
  6. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation: The process is using around 4,800 to 5,000 MB. (5,400MB at the moment) Is this usual? It is my biggest user of memory. Chrome comes in at only ~419MB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-audio-device-graph-isolation/4a908511-e8a4-44a5-9e2c-68b9d1e7ce6c
  7. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation High CPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation High CPU: Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation is taking up a lot of CPU in task manager. I have tried every solution I could find on the web including disabling audio enhancements and reinstalling audio drivers. I have two audio drivers in device manager: Intel(R) Display Audio and...
  8. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation using high CPU

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation using high CPU: I already tried asking this in the HP Forum. After the October update (version 1809) installed, this process has been using all of my CPU: Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation %winDir%\System32\audiodg.exe I've taken several troubleshooting steps: restarting virus...
  9. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation: The last month or so, my Windows Audion Device Graph Isolation consistently takes up between 20%-70% of my RAM at any given time, even when I'm not playing audio. I know that this shouldn't even be the case when I'm playing audio. The other methods listed in other community...
  10. Windows audio device graph isolation

Windows audio device graph isolation: I have the same issue several others have reported, that Windows audio device graph isolation is eating CPU. As recommended, I have performed virus scans several times, reloaded drivers, and nothing has helped. The enhancements window for Speakers/Headphone Properties...