Windows 10: Windows Audio status is 'Stopping'

Discus and support Windows Audio status is 'Stopping' in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When trying to reset my audio as it wasn't working from following instructions online, my windows audio status is now on 'Stopping', it has been like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sashahowgate, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Windows Audio status is 'Stopping'

When trying to reset my audio as it wasn't working from following instructions online, my windows audio status is now on 'Stopping', it has been like this for the last hour how do I regain my sound and audio?

even if I get it running again I'm worried that my audio will still not work and my troubleshooter just keeps telling me that "one or more audio services isn't running"

:)

sashahowgate, Aug 5, 2018

2. Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exactly issue you are facing with audio and how exactly are you trying to access it?
    • What exactly do you mean by: Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system, prior to this issue?

I suggest you to install all the pending updates and audio drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the audio drivers from Device Manager and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start
      button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Also, try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 5, 2018
  3. Tom5667 Win User
    Windows audio stuck at stopping status.

I was playing a game and then closed it. Then my sound wasn't working. I troubleshooted it and said audio services are running or something like that. I went to servics.msc and looked for windows audio and the status was stopping. What can i do to fix
    that?

Tom5667, Aug 5, 2018
  4. Windows Audio status is 'Stopping'

After running Audio troubleshooter error: 'one or more audio service isn't running'

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive the error message: 'one or more audio service isn't running', this might have occurred due to the audio services.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Audio status is 'Stopping'

1. Windows Audio status is 'Stopping' - Similar Threads - Audio status 'Stopping'

2. Windows Update service status is "stopped", is this normal ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update service status is "stopped", is this normal ?: HiI checked the Windows Update in windows services, the Startup Type field is set to Manual and greyed out and I can't change the option say to Automatic if I want to. The Services Status is shown as "Stopped". Are these setups for Windows Update normal ? Will these setups...
  3. Windows Update service status is "stopped", is this normal ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update service status is "stopped", is this normal ?: HiI checked the Windows Update in windows services, the Startup Type field is set to Manual and greyed out and I can't change the option say to Automatic if I want to. The Services Status is shown as "Stopped". Are these setups for Windows Update normal ? Will these setups...
  4. Windows Update service status is "stopped", is this normal ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. windows audio stuck at "stopping"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows audio stuck at "stopping": Window audio stuck on "stopping" pls helpits also not showing any of my devices now that audio stopped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-audio-stuck-at-stopping/cc49757a-41a2-4064-b785-d0031eb2749e
  6. windows audio stuck at "stopping"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows audio stuck at "stopping": Window audio stuck on "stopping" pls helpits also not showing any of my devices now that audio stopped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-audio-stuck-at-stopping/cc49757a-41a2-4064-b785-d0031eb2749e
  7. Windows Audio stuck at "stopping"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Audio stuck at "stopping": Sound are not working on my computer. Windows Audio is stuck at stopping, with no option to either "restart", "start" or "stop it". Need help to get it to run. I have tried restarting my computer, and its still stuck at "stopping". The setting is set to start automatically...
  8. Bluetooth Radio Status Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Radio Status Stopped Working: I am using AirPods to listen to music through my Dell Laptop Windows 10 however they cut out after roughly 5 minutes. They are still connected, however the computer thinks they are idle, and consequently stops playing audio. After troubleshooting Bluetooth, the troubleshooter...
  9. Audio Not Working - Windows 10 (AMD High Definition Audio Device - Status: Unplugged)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Not Working - Windows 10 (AMD High Definition Audio Device - Status: Unplugged): My question is relating to the Audio Not Working on my Asus Laptop - Windows 10. Within the control panel my AMD High Definition is Device has the status Unplugged - (greyed out). Both Headphones and the Speakers do not work. Is this a software concern? If so what is a...
  10. How to stop "Check Firewall Status" notifications?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop "Check Firewall Status" notifications?: Windows 10 continually harasses me about the firewall, posting a "Check Firewall Status" notification multiple times per day, even though my firewall settings are controlled by a domain policy, they are fine and there is no problem, and I can't do a darned thing about the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows audio stopping

2. windows audio status stopping

3. windows audio stopping status

4. windows audio is stopping,
  5. windows audio status is on stopping,
  6. windows audio service status stopping,
  7. windows audio service is stopping,
  8. windows audio service stuck in stopping,
  9. what to do when windows audio has status stopping,
  10. services.msc stopping status and cannot restarrt,
  11. windows 10 audio stuck on stopping,