Windows 10: Windows August 2015 Security Update Release Summary

Discus and support Windows August 2015 Security Update Release Summary in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I installed it .. no differences that I can tell. But then I did not notice anything being broken. According to Neowin.net, this may not have been SR1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Windows August 2015 Security Update Release Summary

According to Neowin.net, this may not have been SR1 after all--just another 'cumulative update,' like last week.

Link: Microsoft rolls out second cumulative update for Windows 10

robertwnielsen, Aug 10, 2015
  2. Rocky Win User

I just went into my update history and I counted 17 new updates that were installed today. That is quite a bit.

Rocky, Aug 10, 2015
  3. bobjoe Win User
    Can anyone verify if Windows Photo Viewer is fixed?

bobjoe, Aug 10, 2015
  4. satchmo Win User

Windows August 2015 Security Update Release Summary

I am not aware that it's broken to begin with.

satchmo, Aug 10, 2015
  5. DavidY Win User
    It's broken if you clean-install Windows 10

DavidY, Aug 10, 2015
  6. vgchat Win User
    It was not SR1, only a cumulative update & a couple of security updates thrown in today.

vgchat, Aug 10, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    If you did a clean instillation of Wi10 is wasn't there. It was if you did an upgrade. There is a reg hack to take care of this issue.

BunnyJ, Aug 10, 2015
  8. simrick Win User

simrick, Aug 10, 2015
  9. Gary Win User
    So this is not the ballyhooed SR1 Update?

10. Doesn't look like it.

11. BunnyJ New Member
    It could be.. hard to say though.
    I got it BTW.. not an issue updating.

BunnyJ, Aug 10, 2015
  12. cbwilsha Win User
    First cat out of the box after installing the 15 updates, I tried to start Edge and NO DICE! I get Message "Edge can't open while User Account Control is turned off. Start UAC.". Gee thanks, MS, I don't use UAC and have done just fine all these months without it. Looks like someone decided we now need to use UAC in order to use Edge whether we want to or not.

I did turn on UAC and then had to do a restart to register the change and Edge works just fine again. I will experiment further about whether I can turn it back off again.

cbwilsha, Aug 10, 2015
  13. larc919 Win User

I certainly hope it wasn't. They need to do something to fix the fragile explorer.exe for once and all.

larc919, Aug 10, 2015
  14. Wynona Win User
    I don't think it was, Bose.

Wynona, Aug 10, 2015
  15. That's what I figured, after downloading and installing.

Thema:

1. Windows August 2015 Security Update Release Summary - Similar Threads - August 2015 Security

2. August 2018 Non-Security Office Update Release

in Windows 10 News
    August 2018 Non-Security Office Update Release: Listed below are the non-security updates we released on the Download Center and Microsoft Update. See the linked KB articles for more information. Office 2013 Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB3172506) Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB4011155) Update for Microsoft...
  3. Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for august 2017

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for august 2017: Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for august 2017 Note: There may be latency issues due to replication, if the page does not display keep refreshing Today Microsoft released the following Security Bulletin(s). Note: Microsoft Security Response Centre and Security...
  4. August 2017 Non-Security Office Update Release

in Windows 10 News
    August 2017 Non-Security Office Update Release: Listed below are the non-security updates we released on the Download Center and Microsoft Update. See the linked KB articles for more information. Office 2013 Update for Microsoft Excel 2013 (KB4011080) Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB3172443) Update for Microsoft...
  5. August 2017 security update release

in Windows 10 News
    August 2017 security update release: Today, we released security updates to provide additional protections against malicious attackers. By default, Windows 10 receives these updates automatically, and for customers running previous versions, we recommend they turn on automatic updates as a best practice. More...
  6. Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for August 2016

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for August 2016: Today we released security updates to provide additional protections against malicious attackers. As a best practice, we encourage customers to apply security updates as soon as they are released. More information about this month’s security updates and advisories can be...
  7. February 9th 2016 Windows Security Update Release Summary

in Windows 10 News
    February 9th 2016 Windows Security Update Release Summary: Today we released security updates to provide additional protections against malicious attackers. As a best practice, we encourage customers to apply security updates as soon as they are released. More information about this month’s security updates and advisories can be...
  8. September 8th 2015 Security Update Release Summary for Windows

in Windows 10 News
    September 8th 2015 Security Update Release Summary for Windows: Today we released security updates to provide protections against malicious attackers. As a best practice, we encourage customers to apply security updates as soon as they are released. More information about this month’s security updates and advisories can be found in the...
  9. January 12th 2016 Security Update Release Summary

in Windows 10 News
    January 12th 2016 Security Update Release Summary: Today we released security updates to provide additional protections against malicious attackers. As a best practice, we encourage customers to apply security updates as soon as they are released. More information about this month’s security updates and advisories can be...
  10. March 8th 2016 Security Update Release Summary

in Windows 10 News
    March 8th 2016 Security Update Release Summary: Today we released security updates to provide additional protections against malicious attackers. As a best practice, we encourage customers to apply security updates as soon as they are released. More information about this month’s security updates and advisories can be...