Windows 10: Windows August 2015 Security Update Release Summary

Discus and support Windows August 2015 Security Update Release Summary in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Deleted, Moved to correct post. Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Windows August 2015 Security Update Release Summary

Deleted, Moved to correct post.

robbie2745, Aug 11, 2015

2. Hi Geneo,
    Thanks for your response. I have finally sorted things out and the windows/Defender updates are running as they should be thanks to this link I found this morning. Windows 10 upgrade and the 0X80246008 error - Microsoft Community Have a great day and thanks again. *Smile

robbie2745, Aug 11, 2015
  3. lolcocks Win User
    When are they fixing issues with the start menu?
    Do they even know it?

lolcocks, Aug 11, 2015
  4. weinber37 Win User

Windows August 2015 Security Update Release Summary

I installed a cumulative update today, August 12. Was this the Service Release? If so, it didn't solve the Power Management/Screen Saver problem. The screen saver does not come on, nor does the monitor shut off, and the computer does not go into sleep at the specified time. What's keeping it awake?

weinber37, Aug 11, 2015
  5. No, this wasn't SR1. Most of us received this cumulative update yesterday.

BrownianMotion, Aug 11, 2015
  6. DavidY Win User
    Have you raised your issues in the Feedback app (or 'upvoted' where someone else has)?

DavidY, Aug 11, 2015
  7. dmex Win User
    IF Microsoft is following patch Tuesday formalities (second, and sometimes fourth, Tuesday of each month)... I'd bet the next Win10 patch day is the 25th?

A lot of sites mentioned late August for SR1 so I would assume that's the exact date we're getting the patch?

8. Dch48 Win User

It came out in the Store first and then later on, it came through Windows Update.

Dch48, Aug 11, 2015
  9. Wasn't there talk of doing away with patch Tuesday? Updates will just get pushed when ready. I've got a lot that weren't on patch Tuesday.

alphanumeric, Aug 11, 2015
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    That was my understanding. MS would just roll out changes but not on a fixed time table like before. I think Gabe mentioned it at one time.

BunnyJ, Aug 11, 2015
  11. dmex Win User
    I do know he mentioned late August for SR1 and the 25th seems like a good date.. If the recent patch dates are anything to go by then who knows? *Huh

Windows August 2015 Security Update Release Summary [​IMG]

12. If you boot from your install media you will get a Repair option. I've seen it but never used it. I think it says "Repair your PC now". Might be worth a try.

alphanumeric, Aug 12, 2015
  13. Windows August 2015 Security Update Release Summary

I have no Failed updates on this PC, but I'm pretty sure I have a few on my laptop. Haven't confirmed it yet but I think it happens if I run Windows update manually while its doing updates in the background. Mostly driver updates. next time they run they install fine.

alphanumeric, Aug 12, 2015
  14. Wynona Win User
    Not unless you give them feedback. *Smile Not that 150 gazillion peeps with the same problem haven't given feedback already. *Smile

Wynona, Aug 12, 2015
  15. P00r Win User
    Do you say WOW to each and every update, if so it mean WOW each patch tuesday, if not then I am sure other than me want to know more about the WOW!

Thema:

1. Windows August 2015 Security Update Release Summary - Similar Threads - August 2015 Security

2. August 2018 Non-Security Office Update Release

in Windows 10 News
    August 2018 Non-Security Office Update Release: Listed below are the non-security updates we released on the Download Center and Microsoft Update. See the linked KB articles for more information. Office 2013 Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB3172506) Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB4011155) Update for Microsoft...
  3. Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for august 2017

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for august 2017: Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for august 2017 Note: There may be latency issues due to replication, if the page does not display keep refreshing Today Microsoft released the following Security Bulletin(s). Note: Microsoft Security Response Centre and Security...
  4. August 2017 Non-Security Office Update Release

in Windows 10 News
    August 2017 Non-Security Office Update Release: Listed below are the non-security updates we released on the Download Center and Microsoft Update. See the linked KB articles for more information. Office 2013 Update for Microsoft Excel 2013 (KB4011080) Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB3172443) Update for Microsoft...
  5. August 2017 security update release

in Windows 10 News
    August 2017 security update release: Today, we released security updates to provide additional protections against malicious attackers. By default, Windows 10 receives these updates automatically, and for customers running previous versions, we recommend they turn on automatic updates as a best practice. More...
  6. Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for August 2016

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for August 2016: Today we released security updates to provide additional protections against malicious attackers. As a best practice, we encourage customers to apply security updates as soon as they are released. More information about this month’s security updates and advisories can be...
  7. February 9th 2016 Windows Security Update Release Summary

in Windows 10 News
    February 9th 2016 Windows Security Update Release Summary: Today we released security updates to provide additional protections against malicious attackers. As a best practice, we encourage customers to apply security updates as soon as they are released. More information about this month’s security updates and advisories can be...
  8. September 8th 2015 Security Update Release Summary for Windows

in Windows 10 News
    September 8th 2015 Security Update Release Summary for Windows: Today we released security updates to provide protections against malicious attackers. As a best practice, we encourage customers to apply security updates as soon as they are released. More information about this month’s security updates and advisories can be found in the...
  9. January 12th 2016 Security Update Release Summary

in Windows 10 News
    January 12th 2016 Security Update Release Summary: Today we released security updates to provide additional protections against malicious attackers. As a best practice, we encourage customers to apply security updates as soon as they are released. More information about this month’s security updates and advisories can be...
  10. March 8th 2016 Security Update Release Summary

in Windows 10 News
    March 8th 2016 Security Update Release Summary: Today we released security updates to provide additional protections against malicious attackers. As a best practice, we encourage customers to apply security updates as soon as they are released. More information about this month’s security updates and advisories can be...