Windows 10: Windows Automatically Increases Microphone Volume

Discus and support Windows Automatically Increases Microphone Volume in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The microphone on the Beyerdynamic MMX 300 is quite loud and sensitive, so I decrease the input volume by 30% in the recording devices menu, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Supra, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Supra Win User

Windows Automatically Increases Microphone Volume

The microphone on the Beyerdynamic MMX 300 is quite loud and sensitive, so I decrease the input volume by 30% in the recording devices menu, but regardless of disallowing access to it from other programs e.g. Skype, it always seems to change back up to 91% after awhile. I'll attach screenshots of the settings I've changed in Skype/recording devices. How would I completely prevent the volume readjusting itself?

Windows Automatically Increases Microphone Volume [​IMG]

:)

Supra, Sep 19, 2015

2. microphone volume sometimes increases automatically

The "thread" link resolves to "thread not found".

GaryAderholdOG, Sep 19, 2015
  3. microphone volume sometimes increases automatically

Just delete the extra http:// at the end of the link.

RobertJWin, Sep 19, 2015
  4. Supra Win User

Worked to resolve the issue myself. I learned running CS:GO maxes your input volume when you launch it, which, to control via console command is 'voice_mixer_volume 0.5' (50% volume) and also set Steam in-game microphone volume so it correlates with Windows' input volume.

Supra, Sep 24, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows Automatically Increases Microphone Volume - Similar Threads - Automatically Increases Microphone

2. automatic increase sound volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatic increase sound volume: automatic increase sound volume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-increase-sound-volume/f401dd13-4b20-4b5d-9b6d-3e586abd0bd5
  3. automatic increase sound volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    automatic increase sound volume: automatic increase sound volume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-increase-sound-volume/f401dd13-4b20-4b5d-9b6d-3e586abd0bd5
  4. Automatic microphone volume adjustment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic microphone volume adjustment: I have microphone issue in my laptop. I am using an In-Line microphone 3.5 mm jack from Sony. The problem is that as soon as I raise my speaking volume, the mic lower it's sensitivity automatically. I want it to be constant. I manage my microphone volume from Control Panel in...
  5. Automatic microphone volume adjustment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic microphone volume adjustment: I have microphone issue in my laptop. I am using an In-Line microphone 3.5 mm jack from Sony. The problem is that as soon as I raise my speaking volume, the mic lower it's sensitivity automatically. I want it to be constant. I manage my microphone volume from Control Panel in...
  6. Automatic microphone volume adjustment

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. a way to increase microphone volume even more?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    a way to increase microphone volume even more?: i have my microphone turned up to 100% in the settings (and in discord), however it still sounds a little quiet, even when right in front of my mouth. is there a way i could fix this? submitted by /u/dickcheddar2 [link] [comments]...
  8. how to increase the microphone volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to increase the microphone volume: How do you increase the volume on the computer. it has very low voume and is not really useful as is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-the-microphone-volume/6c6138ca-66c9-41a9-b8a5-0e2cafbcead6
  9. Windows Causing Automatic scrolling, increasing volume, zooming in..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Causing Automatic scrolling, increasing volume, zooming in..: The most recent windows update has caused: 1. When hovering over youtube's volume bar it automatically raises, go back down, raises 2. Causes automatic scrolling on sites where anything is scroll able. Except for going down a site 3. Causes automatic zooming in on video...
  10. Windows 10 volume increases automatically

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 volume increases automatically: [ATTACH] You’re at home using your Windows 10 computer, but strangely enough, the Windows 10 operating system is automatically increasing the volume. Right away you’re wondering a ghost is haunting your house. Well, there’s a high chance your computer is not [...] This post...