Windows 10: Windows Automatically logs on user upon startup/unable to switch users

Discus and support Windows Automatically logs on user upon startup/unable to switch users in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro No longer requires a login password on startup and logs right in as the user This is occurring on a Windows SBS2011 domain user... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AudioDigital, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Windows Automatically logs on user upon startup/unable to switch users

Windows 10 Pro No longer requires a login password on startup and logs right in as the user

This is occurring on a Windows SBS2011 domain user account

I scanned PC with trend AV and also Bitdefender - no issues found and PC is generally OK in all other regards and performance is good.

As I was seeing frequent warnings about the machine not being protected I have temporarily removed Trend Worry Free antivirus as clearly a problem there.

This machine was re-installed fresh on a new drive just a few weeks ago due to similar problems.

No other machines on the domain have this issue though one has started showing the trend error.

My feeling is that windows updates have screwed something as it was perfect for a couple of weeks following the reinstall.

:)

AudioDigital, Dec 14, 2016
  2. Linney Win User
    Linney, Dec 14, 2016
  3. AmardeepV Win User
    Prevent Automatic Windows Local User Logon of the last user on restart or shutdown

I have a new Laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition Version 1511. I have configured few local user account by using "netplwiz". The option "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer"
    has also been selected. However upon the laptop restart or upon laptop cold boot, the last user is directly logged in. This creates problems because User One is using the computer and then shuts down, then User Two starts to use the laptop, then upon booting
    of the Machine, Windows 10 automatically logs into User One's account. Thus User Two has to log out of User One's account, log into this account and then use the laptop.

So my question is how do I prevent this from happening? Any suggestions?

AmardeepV, Dec 14, 2016
  4. Windows Automatically logs on user upon startup/unable to switch users

Following my nose yesterday I went to settings /accounts and noted that the user had an account type of 'Terminal Services' which I have never seen before.

I set user to local admin and order was restored with the user now required to enter a password and now able to switch users and log out as normal.

Marked as Solved!

AudioDigital, Dec 15, 2016
Thema:

Windows Automatically logs on user upon startup/unable to switch users

1. Windows Automatically logs on user upon startup/unable to switch users - Similar Threads - Automatically logs user

2. switching users on startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    switching users on startup: I can no longer switch user on my pc. I don't know what happen and I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-users-on-startup/b4967956-2429-40b0-8a86-f10d3748845f
  3. switching users on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    switching users on startup: I can no longer switch user on my pc. I don't know what happen and I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-users-on-startup/b4967956-2429-40b0-8a86-f10d3748845f
  4. switching users on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. switching users on startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    switching users on startup: I can no longer switch users on my pc, I've tried everything I could think of, from checking BIOS to running system scans to making sure he has admin privileges through regedit. PLEASE HELP...
  6. Unable to switch users

Unable to switch users: I am unable to switch users on my PC. In the start menu and lock screen, no other accounts appear to switch to. Using Ctrl-Alt-Delete -> Switch User, or Alt+F4 -> Switch User, just returns me to the sign-in screen for my account with no other users available. In Settings ->...
  7. unable to switch users

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unable to switch users: After latest MS update I only see my son as a user/admin. I can no longer find my wife as a user/admin. Have tried ctr/alt/delete.... start menu pic... Am not able to do system recovery as no recovery point has been set up. How do I get back my wife as a user and...
  8. Unable to switch users

Unable to switch users: Hello, I am having an issue with switching between accounts on my PC. The accounts have disappeared from login in screen, besides my own, and are not present in the start screen when trying to use the account switch function there either. When I go into user settings the...
  9. User switching on startup windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User switching on startup windows 10: Hello I am currently trying to solve this issue. Yesterday i created my girlfriend account on my PC with your online service. Problem comes out that when I turn off the computer and the turn it on again, we are not able to get a choice which account we want to login. If I...
  10. Switching user at startup.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switching user at startup.: Hello, I inherited a laptop from my dad which I put Windows 10 onto last week. I know the admin username and password but not the login details of his girlfriend (Not on speaking terms). Unfortunately today, the laptop has decided to startup showing her account and is...