Windows 10: Windows Automatically Resizing After Full Screen

Discus and support Windows Automatically Resizing After Full Screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After I exit certain games that operate in full screen mode, the surrounding window sizes of other applications (such as Windows Explorer) are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vid00d, Jun 11, 2018.

1. vid00d Win User

Windows Automatically Resizing After Full Screen

After I exit certain games that operate in full screen mode, the surrounding window sizes of other applications (such as Windows Explorer) are drastically reduced, forcing me to manually resize them. I have an HP Omen desktop with a Nvidia GTX 1060 graphics card, connected via HDMI to a 50-inch TV. This only happens with certain games; others don't have the effect of reducing window sizes after I exit them. I'm wondering if this is a problem solely with Windows, or whether it has something to do with the graphics card or the TV itself.

Is there anything I can do to isolate the problem? Please help.

:)

vid00d, Jun 11, 2018
  2. Pinosano Win User

Windows 10 - my windows resize automatically and move to top left of the screen

My surface pro 3 is doing the exact same thing. I updated to windows 10 and now all my windows automatically resize to the upper left side of the screen. I tried to update the graphics driver but it would not install. Tried everything suggested but still
    experiencing the same problems. Also having problems with the touch screen behaving erratically when I try to resize windows or move them around. It is very annoying and really hope it gets resolved soon. please fix this Microsoft!

Pinosano, Jun 12, 2018
  3. Disable the automatic resizing window when dragging windows on the desktop

Using windows 10 Home, when I drag a window on the desktop, a shaded window appears that will allow me to select a fractional screen snap or to maximize the window. If this box happens to appear where the cursor falls when I simply want to translate the
    window, it automatically resizes the window to what the box suggests. I simply want this suggestion box to be disabled, but I cannot find a way to do it. I have tried every combination of turning snap and its features on and off. I just want this annoying
    auto-resizing suggestion box to go away.

PaulEason71, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows Automatically Resizing After Full Screen

1. Windows Automatically Resizing After Full Screen - Similar Threads - Automatically Resizing Full

2. Resize "Save As" window from Full ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resize "Save As" window from Full ?: Accidently changed "Save As" Window to Full Now unable to re-size window; Sizing 'arrows' appear, but no combination of keys make them functional. Right-clicking on title bar of "Save As" Window does not solve the issue - "Size" option is grayed out and inoperable.Any advice...
  3. stop window automatic resize

in Windows 10 Customization
    stop window automatic resize: I want to stop window resize. I cannot find Multi Task on Control Panel. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-window-automatic-resize/1d1af6de-de01-4e77-9cd1-4d83d71271ad
  4. Windows Automatically Moving and Resizing

Windows Automatically Moving and Resizing: Hello,Occasionally, when I wake my laptop up from Sleep Mode, windows will randomly resize and move through out the screen. Please see the attached picture for an example. Before I put my laptop on Sleep Mode, all three Sticky Notes were the same size as "Note A" and "Note...
  5. Windows Explorer always resizing to tiny window after full screen application closes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer always resizing to tiny window after full screen application closes: I have a new Dell XPS 13. All updates have been installed. It has a resolution of 3840x2400, I mention this because I think it might be related. Scaling is setup to 225%. Whether it is Windows Explorer, or an application window, whenever I launch a full screen app (games),...
  6. Resize Windows 10 full screen application

Resize Windows 10 full screen application: Hi - I have a media streaming application IPTV Smarters Player which will only run in full screen mode - so it always takes up a complete monitor when it is playing, I have checked and changed the various properties on Window sizes but nothing changes its behaviour. I even...
  7. Resize from full screen

Resize from full screen: The full screen icon doesn't seem to work anymore since last update. Use to be able to look at multiple screens and can nolonger do that-any fixs would be helpful https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resize-from-full-screen/bd853ca1-7fa2-455b-9bf8-a108f09e8ff7
  8. resizing window...stuck in full screen view

resizing window...stuck in full screen view: Windows 10. I can only minimise a window to an icon or max it to full screen...no in between https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resizing-windowstuck-in-full-screen-view/9a2d1ae3-f0c6-4db0-8da6-f7fbecfbfe01
  9. Snapped windows get unsnapped and slightly resized after exiting full screen?

Snapped windows get unsnapped and slightly resized after exiting full screen?: So I just did a full wipe and reinstall of windows on my PC. I use a 21:9 ratio monitor and I've always had two chrome windows snapped side to side taking 50% of the screen each. I had no problems before going into full screen with the snapped windows and when I exited full...
  10. Windows Resizing After Full Screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows Resizing After Full Screen: After I exit certain games that operate in full screen mode, the surrounding window sizes of other applications (such as Windows Explorer) are drastically reduced, forcing me to manually resize them. I have an HP Omen desktop with a Nvidia GTX 1060 graphics card, connected...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. having an issue resizing or moving windows goes to full screen

2. windows phone not resizing screen when side elevation