Windows Automatically Resizing After Full Screen

Discus and support Windows Automatically Resizing After Full Screen in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; After I exit certain games that operate in full screen mode, the surrounding window sizes of other applications (such as Windows Explorer) are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vid00d, Jun 12, 2018.

1. vid00d Win User

After I exit certain games that operate in full screen mode, the surrounding window sizes of other applications (such as Windows Explorer) are drastically reduced, forcing me to manually resize them. I have an HP Omen desktop with a Nvidia GTX 1060 graphics card, connected via HDMI to a 50-inch TV. This only happens with certain games; others don't have the effect of reducing window sizes after I exit them. I'm wondering if this is a problem solely with Windows, or whether it has something to do with the graphics card or the TV itself.

Is there anything I can do to isolate the problem? Please help.

:)

vid00d, Jun 12, 2018
  2. Pinosano Win User

Windows 10 - my windows resize automatically and move to top left of the screen

My surface pro 3 is doing the exact same thing. I updated to windows 10 and now all my windows automatically resize to the upper left side of the screen. I tried to update the graphics driver but it would not install. Tried everything suggested but still
    experiencing the same problems. Also having problems with the touch screen behaving erratically when I try to resize windows or move them around. It is very annoying and really hope it gets resolved soon. please fix this Microsoft!

Pinosano, Jun 12, 2018
  3. PaulEason71 Win User
    Disable the automatic resizing window when dragging windows on the desktop

Using windows 10 Home, when I drag a window on the desktop, a shaded window appears that will allow me to select a fractional screen snap or to maximize the window. If this box happens to appear where the cursor falls when I simply want to translate the
    window, it automatically resizes the window to what the box suggests. I simply want this suggestion box to be disabled, but I cannot find a way to do it. I have tried every combination of turning snap and its features on and off. I just want this annoying
    auto-resizing suggestion box to go away.

PaulEason71, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows Automatically Resizing After Full Screen - Similar Threads - Automatically Resizing Full

1. Falcon10 | Automatically center your taskbar icons!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Falcon10 | Automatically center your taskbar icons!: Hey all! I am just working on a little side project called Falcon10. This application automatically centers you taskbar icons in the middle! All pinned icons will be centered too like file explorer in the screenshots. Requirements Windows 10 x64 1803 .NET Framework 4.7.2...
  2. WiFi not automatically disconnecting when out of range

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi not automatically disconnecting when out of range: My problem is that my laptop won't disconnect from a WiFi network when out of range unless I actually click the disconnect button. For example, if I go to my friend's house (several blocks away) and open my laptop, it still appears to be connected, just with no internet (see...
  3. Taskbar won't hide automatically.

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar won't hide automatically.: The issue is that my taskbar won't hide automatically no matter whether i check the "hide automatically" option when i right click the taskbar. Any help? 112104
  4. Old Gmail routing settings to be automatically converted July 11th

in Windows 10 News
    Old Gmail routing settings to be automatically converted July 11th: In January 2017, we announced some changes to the Gmail routing settings in the Admin console. For technical reasons, some of these changes were delayed past the originally communicated date and are now launching this month. Convert old Gmail routing settings now Going...
  5. Wifi doesnt connect automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi doesnt connect automatically: Hi, On my laptop wifi is setup to connect automatically and it used to connect automatically. Recently it doesnt connect automatically. Everytime i have to run network troubleshooter to connect. My other wifi devices connect to the same router without any problem. Help...
  6. How do I disable Edge automatic image resizing

in Browsers and Email
    How do I disable Edge automatic image resizing: In the IE browser, it was simple: Internet options - Advanced - Multimedia - Disable automatic image resizing. In Edge, however, I can't find anything in Settings that will do this. 46946
  7. How do I prevent automatic window resizing?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I prevent automatic window resizing?: In Windows 7, I knew how to turn off the annoying (to me) feature that windows were automatically maximized when moved to the edge of the screen. This option no longer seems to be present in the 'ease of access' settings. Any idea if it can still be disabled? 23206