Windows 10: Windows automatically turns on three finger tap after update.

Discus and support Windows automatically turns on three finger tap after update. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am a avid user of the two finger scroll option on my Synaptics touchpad, but now that I have upgraded to Windows 10 it is getting increasingly harder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by projectcarefree, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Windows automatically turns on three finger tap after update.

I am a avid user of the two finger scroll option on my Synaptics touchpad, but now that I have upgraded to Windows 10 it is getting increasingly harder to use it due to the search bar popping up. It mistakes my 2 finger scroll for a 3 finger tap and it became annoying. So I ended up turning off three finger tap in the mouse options. Simple enough, now here's the problem. Every time I turn off my computer or laptop and then turn it back on, an update shows up and Windows turns it back on again! Anyone having the same problem? Would love to get to the bottom of this and turn off three finger tap search for good. *Mad

:)

projectcarefree, Aug 21, 2015
  2. Kevin99x Win User

Is it Cortana popping up in the left hand corner???

Turn off the three finger tap gesture under the Settings. A three finger tap can be configured to either bring up the search box or the action centre where notifications are.

Kevin99x, Aug 21, 2015
  3. Unwanted search box popup

I know it's a month later. I had a similar issue until a few moments ago when I turned off three finger flick and three and four finger tap in my trackpad config.

My trackpad for whatever reason often thinks I have more fingers down than I think I do and two finger scrolling often turned into three finger flick, or tap, but not always, so it seemed pretty random.

Don't know if this was your particular problem, but I found this page looking to fix mine.

Alan Linton, Aug 21, 2015
Thema:

Windows automatically turns on three finger tap after update.

1. Windows automatically turns on three finger tap after update. - Similar Threads - automatically turns three

2. Customizing 4-finger tap

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customizing 4-finger tap: I want to change my 4-finger tap to mute, but when I hit 'Start Recording' on my Acer laptop, it shows the mute button as 'D'. How do I configure the tap gesture to mute?My current process is Touchpad > Advanced Gestures > Configure Four-finger > Tap > Custom > Start...
  3. Customizing 4-finger tap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customizing 4-finger tap: I want to change my 4-finger tap to mute, but when I hit 'Start Recording' on my Acer laptop, it shows the mute button as 'D'. How do I configure the tap gesture to mute?My current process is Touchpad > Advanced Gestures > Configure Four-finger > Tap > Custom > Start...
  4. Multi Finger Taps and Swipes not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multi Finger Taps and Swipes not working: Bought a used Spectre x360 and wasn't happy with the Synaptics touchpad as it wasn't familiar and didn't have the two finger swipe to go back functionality. It would only scroll the web page left or right. So after pretty extensive Googling, I downloaded and installed the...
  5. Three Finger Touchpad Function

in Windows 10 Customization
    Three Finger Touchpad Function: Hello, I've just downloaded windows 10. Before this download, when I used the 3 finger function it would only show 1 app for the internet browser I was using, regardless of how many tabs I had opened. Now, when I use the function it displays all of the tabs I have opened...
  6. Two finger tap to right click not working after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two finger tap to right click not working after 2004 update: Anyone else facing this ? I have a thinkpad and I searched mouse settings couldn't find anything useful. Uninstalled and re installed latest synaptic drivers etc submitted by /u/curious_rover_r95 [link] [comments]...
  7. Three finger swipe

Three finger swipe: Formerly, I could switch between two open windows using a simple three finger swipe in Windows 10. But for a quiet while, not sure whether it happened after some update or something, I can't use this method now. Is this my problem alone, or Windows has permanently disabled...
  8. Windows 10 Three-Finger-Drag

Windows 10 Three-Finger-Drag: Does anyone know how to enable this gesture on Windows 10? I've searched quite a lot by now and haven't found yet a way to make this touchpad gesture to work. iirc Trackpad++ for bootcamp offers this gesture, so somehow it it possible, but it is limited to macbooks...
  9. Can't change Three finger and four finger swipes.

Can't change Three finger and four finger swipes.: Hello friends suddenly my three finger swipe up changes from 'Change Audio Volume' to ' Switch desktop and Show desktop' . I have tried to change in 'Touchpad settings' I have also tried to change from registry this values. ActionID1 = 5c ActionID3 = 5f ActionID5 =...
  10. How do I get middle click via a three finger tap with my touchpad?

How do I get middle click via a three finger tap with my touchpad?: So I recently purchased a new laptop that has Windows 10 installed (Acer Aspire E5-573G) and I would like to change the way the touchpad taps work. Specifically, I would like a middle click from a three finger tap. It's an ELAN touchpad, if that makes any difference, and I...