Windows 10: Windows "Away Mode" is not working

Discus and support Windows "Away Mode" is not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to make "Away mode" to work in windows 10. I already followed the Tutorial, which explains how to add the "Allow Away Mode Policy".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gingel, May 6, 2018.

1. gingel Win User

Windows "Away Mode" is not working

Hello,

I'm trying to make "Away mode" to work in windows 10.
    I already followed the Tutorial, which explains how to add the "Allow Away Mode Policy".
    I enabled it.

Also under Multimedia settings --> when sharing media , i chose "allow the computer to enter away mode" .

When i stream or share media from this dekstop to another desktop, it will not enter "Away mode" .
    it just keep fully awake.
    My Desktop is also set to go to regular sleep after 40 minutes, so after it no longer streams or share files
    with other devices, it goes immediately to sleep. It's not even reset the sleep timer and wait 40 minutes
    before it goes to full sleep mode.

How the "away mode" is working? what trigger it?

Thank you.

:)

gingel, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows "Away Mode" is not working

1. Windows "Away Mode" is not working - Similar Threads - Away Mode working

2. Walk Away Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Walk Away Mode: Hi,Does anyone see a "Walk Away Mode" with a 5 second countdown when your Windows 11 PC has been inactive for 60 seconds? I have gone through all the personalization and screen settings and all are set to "Never" yet my system still goes to sleep after 60 seconds. I have a...
  3. Walk Away Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Walk Away Mode: Hi,Does anyone see a "Walk Away Mode" with a 5 second countdown when your Windows 11 PC has been inactive for 60 seconds? I have gone through all the personalization and screen settings and all are set to "Never" yet my system still goes to sleep after 60 seconds. I have a...
  4. How can I enter Away Mode manually in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How can I enter Away Mode manually in Windows 10?: As the title says, I want to be able to enter Away Mode manually, but I can't find any way to do that. Does anyone know how to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-enter-away-mode-manually-in-windows-10/f83587c8-eba0-4c82-888b-b4718e3dbe91
  5. How can I enter Away Mode manually in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I enter Away Mode manually in Windows 10?: As the title says, I want to be able to enter Away Mode manually, but I can't find any way to do that. Does anyone know how to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-enter-away-mode-manually-in-windows-10/f83587c8-eba0-4c82-888b-b4718e3dbe91
  6. How can I enter Away Mode manually in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Entering Away Mode instead of Sleep as a result of system idle?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Entering Away Mode instead of Sleep as a result of system idle?: Hi all,I'm trying to configure my living room PC so that it would function as a WiFi hotspot continuously. I was unable to keep my WiFi, VPN and Mobile Hotspot on while in Sleep S3 mode, but I noticed that while in Away Mode my computer functions just as I expected - it keeps...
  8. How to keep windows defender away from "dummy mode" ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to keep windows defender away from "dummy mode" ?: Hello, I have some "suspicious files" and defender silently deletes them each time. Is there a way to make it ask me what to do for each suspicious file? That is really annoying. I don't have any other antivirus software yet. Not sure if I really need one... submitted by...
  9. Window stuck in aways-on-top mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Window stuck in aways-on-top mode: Version: Win10 Edu, 2004, x64 I have the unusual problem that sporadically a window gets stuck in always-on-top mode and there is no way to get it back to normal behavior except restarting the program. I don't really know how to reliably reproduce it and I only noticed this...
  10. Away Mode issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Away Mode issue: Hi, Thank you for this great and impressive forum and site. I'm using WMC to record TV broadcasts but in Windows 10 when the computer (Dell XPS 8900) wakes from sleep to carry out a scheduled recording it doesn't go into Away Mode as the monitor turns on. This didn't...