Windows 10: Windows Background Slideshow settings not saving

Discus and support Windows Background Slideshow settings not saving in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi guys, So recently, I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and had some fun times with Rainmetere messing with my profile to the point I had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Keiichi25, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Keiichi25 Win User

Windows Background Slideshow settings not saving

Hi guys,

So recently, I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and had some fun times with Rainmetere messing with my profile to the point I had to rip it out to get back into my profile (More about this later)

One of the problems I noticed was in the personalization, mostly with regards to background.

I set it to go to a specific location (Namely: C:\Themes\Wallpapers)

However, leaving the background and going back, I find it pointing to 'Pictures'. Which isn't where I want it pulling for backgrounds. I also find later on, the backgrounds are pulling from a different location, not even what I directed.

I try to reset it to point to the right location, on browse, it shows it is on the correct location. It shows on the GUI that it now points to the folder I specify, but again, leaving the background section and going back, it reverts back to 'Pictures'.

Any suggestions as to where to look that may be causing this behavior?

:)

Keiichi25, Jul 11, 2016
  2. cac333 Win User

Windows 10 Background Slideshow not working

I found a way to fix the background slideshow. I went into themes, and saved my current background settings as a theme and named the theme and then saved it. My background now changes like it should have.

cac333, Jul 11, 2016
  3. Can i have the same preview layout like window 10 slideshow lock screen on window 10 slideshow desktop background ?

Hi,

You can have the same preview layout for your lock screen and desktop background slideshow as long as the photos are saved on the same folder. To change the desktop background picture to slideshow, please follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Under Background, choose Slideshow.
    • Click on Browse, and then navigate to your slideshow folder that you have created to specify the directory.
    • Set the time interval. Under Change picture every choose your time preference of between 1 minute and 1 day.

After customizing the desktop background, you'll need to configure the lock screen slideshow settings too. Follow the steps given on this article and select the same slideshow folder:

Personalize your lock screen

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Jul 11, 2016
Thema:

Windows Background Slideshow settings not saving

1. Windows Background Slideshow settings not saving - Similar Threads - Background Slideshow settings

2. Windows 11 losing settings for background slideshow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 losing settings for background slideshow: Hi AllEvery second day both my W11 Home and W11 Pro lose the background settings.I set a slideshow of images in a folder and windows regularly reset it to Picture.I don't feel like spending time in fixing Microsoft's bugs, so I would ask if there is any 3rd party app doing...
  3. Windows 11 losing settings for background slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 losing settings for background slideshow: Hi AllEvery second day both my W11 Home and W11 Pro lose the background settings.I set a slideshow of images in a folder and windows regularly reset it to Picture.I don't feel like spending time in fixing Microsoft's bugs, so I would ask if there is any 3rd party app doing...
  4. background slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    background slideshow: in window 11. when i select a folder to have a slideshow of image,only a part of it,are showing. it it start again with the sama image. why it not showing all image? they are a setting where i can select all in one click? thank you for your help....
  5. Windows Background Slideshow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Background Slideshow: HI, when I want to change my background format to slideshow and it prompts me to choose a folder, the folder that I prepared for the slideshow is said to be empty even though I checked multiple times and my pictures are there. Can you please help me with this? I'm already...
  6. background slideshow

in Windows 10 Customization
    background slideshow: when I choose a fit in background for the slideshow some of the pictures are no so good in that fit but it is the best over all. how do I preview for background for clarity of image and such. i don't want and shouldn't have to wait the duration or "change picture every" of...
  7. Slideshow for background

Slideshow for background: I want to use a slideshow for the background. I have 2 monitors. I would like each monitor to use a different picture of the slideshow. With Pictures, I can do it, but with a slideshow, I can't. Can somebody help me out?...
  8. background slideshow

background slideshow: unable to get slideshow to change background picture in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-slideshow/3292776d-7a0d-4056-a3e8-f2a64e6f89db
  9. Background Slideshow Setting not Functioning Properly

Background Slideshow Setting not Functioning Properly: I've put my desktop background to change the wallpaper every day, but it changes 2 or 3 times daily. I can't seem to find a solution for this anywhere, so now I ask, is there a way to fix this? [ATTACH]...
  10. Background Slideshow

Background Slideshow: With Windows 7 I could set a background slideshow of my pictures by picking from all of my pictures. With Windows 10, it looks like I cannot do that without arranging the chosen pictures in a series first. I admit that I'm not that Windows savvy, but is there any way to set a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. background slideshow windows not saved