Windows 10: Windows black screen after resetting

Discus and support Windows black screen after resetting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all. I have seen this is a common problem after resetting windows 10 (doing a fresh reinstall) my laptop was going through the the reset, got up to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Artywoo, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Artywoo Win User

Windows black screen after resetting

Hi all. I have seen this is a common problem after resetting windows 10 (doing a fresh reinstall) my laptop was going through the the reset, got up to 50%. Then I had a screen come up giving me some options one which I chose was - continue to windows 10. The computer then went blank... I left it for hours and still nothing. Now when I start the laptop, I get the manufacture logo come up and then just a blank screen... no windows logo or anything. Anyone else got any fixes? I have even resorted to making a bootable usb, changed the boot setting to usb and it didn’t even boot from that. Thanks in advance

:)

Artywoo, Feb 11, 2018
  2. INHT Win User

windows 10 booting with an untesponsive black screen

I updated my dell inspiron n5050 laptop from windows 7 to windows 10. While trying to connect it to my tv it showed an error. After restarting it. After the window's logo it got stuck on an unresponsive black screen. I after many failed attempts I pressed
    f12 and and managed to reset it keeping my files intact. It was working fine until the notifications stated that booting is taking too much time and it told me to disable few stuff at startup which i did. After which i tried opening candi crush. It was unresponsive
    so i restarted the laptop. It again went on and got stuck to a black screen. I again managet to reset it. The reset also got stuck to a black screen. After which it would only open after a reset. But as soon as it was shut down it would again boot to a black
    screen. Now it isnt getting reset any more. Kindly help me solve my issue. If possible i would want to revert to my original windows 7.

3. 4pokes500 Win User
    Pc won't start

Hello, I have got a big problem.

Today I tried to reset my pc, at about 66% loading it said it had failed. My computer restarted and got stuck on a black screen. The black screen is before every other screen. So the only things I see when starting my PC are the Medion screen and after that
    a black screen. I have tried to reset it by putting in a reset disk, but it won't work.

Please help me

(Windows 10)

Regards,

4pokes500, Feb 11, 2018
  4. Windows black screen after resetting

Hi Artwoo. Welcome to the TenForums @Artywoo

Since you were going to do a clean install I would do it following this tutorial. I would allow Microsoft's Media Creator create your USB. Must be FAT32 to boot UEFI

Clean Install Windows 10

A clean install will delete all personal data. Have it backed up. If you need a disk to boot from we have one in the Software area.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows black screen after resetting

1. Windows black screen after resetting - Similar Threads - black screen resetting

2. Black screen after Resetting to manufacturers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after Resetting to manufacturers: I decided to do a full reset on my computer because I recently ot a new one. After going through the usual steps to start it, after 6 hours it's finished preparing and restarts then I think it was the update screen and it said something like "failed to reset" and it was...
  3. Screen Black after reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Black after reset: hello, I reseted my windows 10 and now when i try to login with one of my accounts it says user not found and the other just shows a blank screen both accounts are administrator...
  4. Screen Black after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Black after reset: hello, I reseted my windows 10 and now when i try to login with one of my accounts it says user not found and the other just shows a blank screen both accounts are administrator...
  5. Screen Black after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Black screen after resetting Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after resetting Windows 10: I recently tried resetting my system,after which it showed a black screen with loading sign and it persisted for hours.I tried shutting it down and now it is showing a black screen with a cursor....
  7. Black Screen after reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen after reset: Omg help please. I waited maybe 3-4 hrs for the reset to complete on PC. After the reset it just went black screen. I googled and tried some of the methods to fix it but they wouldnt work. I havent tried the one where I need to use USB because I dont have USB. Is there any...
  8. Black screen after Windows 10 reset?

Black screen after Windows 10 reset?: Hey, I reset my Windows PC earlier. After I pressed reset, something loaded for a short time and now I have a black screen for a long time. The PC is still on, but there is nothing to see on the screen, not even a cursor. Please help me Blackscreen nach Windows 10...
  9. Black Screen issue after Window Reset

Black Screen issue after Window Reset: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.17763 Build 17763 Problem 1 [Unsolved] Previously I had issue with my PC does not allow sites to stay logged-in on browsers Google Chrome and Opera. I have tried several ways to fix this issue, yet I couldnt find any way to solve it....
  10. Black Screen after Reset

Black Screen after Reset: After using the reset tool the computer hits 100% does its initial restart and then I'm left with a black screen that doesn't have a cursor or anything on it, I tried to run the USB tool to reinstall windows and it downloaded and then gave me an error. I've tried updating all...