Windows 10: Windows black screen at login screen

Discus and support Windows black screen at login screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If you can log in via safe mode one of the solutions is to turn off use sign-in info to auto finish setting up device after update or restart in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bastet, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Bastet Win User

Windows black screen at login screen

If you can log in via safe mode one of the solutions is to turn off use sign-in info to auto finish setting up device after update or restart in Windows 10.For Windows 10 (Version 1709), select the Start button, select Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options, then make sure Use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart is turned off.For previous versions of Windows 10, select the Start button, select Settings > Update & security > Window Update > Advanced options, then select the check box next to Use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update.

Another solution is to uninstall the graphics driver via safe mode:

1. Uninstall all graphics/display drivers on safe mode using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) https://www.wagnardsoft.com
    2. Reboot.
    3. You'll see a black screen for a minute or so.
    4. Reinstall all the graphics/display drivers (latest).
    5. Reboot.

A last resort is to create a new user:
    From the black screen press ctrl alt del to open task manager -> file -> run new task type "cmd.exe" without quotes, and check the admin privileges box.
    in cmd: type: net user /add [username] [password]
    username and password without []
    press enter, then type: net localgroup administrators [username] /add https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/8boyyl/black_screen_when_trying_to_log_in_to_windows/dx8r5b1
    Once logged into the new account you should be able to access the old account’s folders to transfer personal files over to the new account.

Bastet, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Stycx Win User

I start up my pc and suddenly the screen is black with only showing my cursor i have tried several ways to solve the problem but nothing works
    I have tried restarting my pc multiple times, i tried ctrl alt delete thing and various other things none of them worked is there anything i can do?

:)

Stycx, Apr 16, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Insider Preview 14342 Lock Screen background is black.

When I switch on my laptop, the Lock Screen background picture(which I've set on Windows Spotlight) shows only a default picture each time. Which also shows up on the login screen

Now when I lock the laptop the Lock Screen background is completely black, though the windows spotlight image does show up on the login screen. ****? How may I repair this on my side or is there gonna be an update?

Edit: After much research I've come to know that the lock screen on boot up is called the system lock screen, and the login screen after that is the system login screen. The screen that is black is the USER lock screen. Cortana, the clock and everything
    else appears fine on the black screen.

Saurabh Wanivadekar, Apr 16, 2018
  4. Windows black screen at login screen

Screen turning black

I can login but after like 10 seconds the screen turns black and it does not work. If the screen is black long enough then it will change screen resolution and windows will not work any more .

Thomas A. Howard, Apr 16, 2018
  5. AndreTen Win User
    Hi Stycx and welcome to Tenforums.

After restart try hitting F8 key to get to Advanced boot options. If F8 won't work, sometimes user have to press the switch on back (or pull the cable out) up to three times and Windows will automatically boot to advanced menu.

Once there, select troubleshooting and select restore (hope you have some restore points there)

*Arrow tutorials | boot-advanced-startup-options-windows-10

AndreTen, Apr 18, 2018
Thema:

Windows black screen at login screen

1. Windows black screen at login screen - Similar Threads - black screen login

2. No login screen after lock screen black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No login screen after lock screen black screen: I booted up my PC today and the wallpaper has changed to a blank background, when you hit a key to try and go to the login screen it just puts you onto a black screen that never loads, before putting you back on the lock screen.Rebooted pc a few times and from the socket too...
  3. No login screen after lock screen black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No login screen after lock screen black screen: I booted up my PC today and the wallpaper has changed to a blank background, when you hit a key to try and go to the login screen it just puts you onto a black screen that never loads, before putting you back on the lock screen.Rebooted pc a few times and from the socket too...
  4. The login Black screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The login Black screen: I booted up my computer up and it did come up with loading screen, but then it came up with a black screen just with the mouse. I waited like 10 minutes and it showed the login screen / the startup screen. Then i did swipe up on the login screen and it went black again. Then...
  5. Login and black screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login and black screen: Hello, First excuse my poor english. Since WINDOWS 10 1903 update, I noticed following behaviour on both my Deskop and Laptop. 1. When I'm disconnecting, a black screen is displayed during about 75 sec before the welcome screen is displayed. 2. When another session is...
  6. Black Login Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Login Screen: Good day My laptop is either giving a black screen when I try to log in, or it has a problem booting up. I have tried several solutions and they all failed. I am unable to access the task manager nor any other way I found online. Your help will be greately...
  7. Black screen before login screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen before login screen: Hello everyone. I have recently experienced a problem with Windows 10. Whenever I select Windows 10 (I have dual-boot configuration, the other OS is Ubuntu), it normally boots and I hear the startup sound. I also see the mouse indicator and I can sometimes control it, yet...
  8. Black screen before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen before login screen: The black screen occurs before login screen. It happens randomly. I have to move the mouse (haven't tried pressing keyboard) and it will show the login screen and windows will continue normally. On my device driver it shows only 1 display adapter that is NVIDIA GTX 970. My...
  9. Black screen at login

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen at login: After I sleep my computer, sometimes the screen is just black with my cursor. I can still do the basic functions like turn brightness down and move my cursor around, but I cannot login or see any graphics. Sleeping again doesn't fix the problem, all I can do is force shut...
  10. Windows 10 black screen at login

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 black screen at login: I have just installed windows 10 on my MacPro 5,1 without bootcamp and installed Bootcamp drivers via WindowSupport. I have had this issue since ive installed the OS. I believe it has something to do with the the drivers given by nVidia as when i boot into windows using safe...