Windows 10: Windows blocking app from running

Discus and support Windows blocking app from running in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have been having problem w/ window 10 pro 64 bit problem every few months on my Nuc7i5. it would block me from running a downloaded app from... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by the-emperor, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Windows blocking app from running

Hi,

I have been having problem w/ window 10 pro 64 bit problem every few months on my Nuc7i5. it would block me from running a downloaded app from https://pacs.garfieldmedicalcenter.com/novaweb/ Normally, this works and there is an option to let it run. but every few months, the option disappears and it only tells me windows blocks it to protect me. see attached screen shot.

The only fix I have found so far is reinstalling windows 10 from scratch. but it has been becoming a pain to reinstall windows every few months!

I have tried adding the site as secure safe in IE. but no luck.

Tried turning off AVG and adding site to firewall to allow it - no luck.

how do I tell to windows specifically NOT to block any app from running?

thankx. Windows blocking app from running 9f15240e-b983-414c-bd87-fb2d3bd70388?upload=true.jpg

:)

the-emperor, Aug 18, 2018

2. blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to Manage Your Microsoft Account in One Place using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Aug 18, 2018
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Aug 18, 2018
  4. Windows blocking app from running

blocked applications

Hi Eileen,

Windows Defender or another antivirus software will sometimes block a certain app or file from running or being installed. With this, you can check the
    quarantine section of the antivirus program you are using to see which program is being blocked. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• What is the exact error message did you receive after launching or running the app?
    • Which antivirus program are you using?

In the meantime, we suggest disabling the Windows Defender SmartScreen and see if the app will run. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Type Windows Defender on the search box and click on the first option.
    • On the left side of the window, click on the Window icon (App & browser control).
    • On the SmartScreen for Windows
      Store apps column, select Off.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

Windows blocking app from running

1. Windows blocking app from running - Similar Threads - blocking app running

2. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An Administrator has blocked you from running this app.: I have had an app on my system for years. It has worked faultlessly every time I have needed it, it did backups of my data.I have just noticed that it has stopped automatically backing up my machine so went to investigate and got the above message.I am the only administrator...
  3. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An Administrator has blocked you from running this app.: I have had an app on my system for years. It has worked faultlessly every time I have needed it, it did backups of my data.I have just noticed that it has stopped automatically backing up my machine so went to investigate and got the above message.I am the only administrator...
  4. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    An Administrator has blocked you from running this app...: Hello, First of all, I have the administrative rights on my windows 10 computer but when I open the Services software on control panel, it says "An Administrator has blocked you from running this app..." when I am an Administrator and I only have one account in my computer....
  5. an administrator has blocked you from running this app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    an administrator has blocked you from running this app: I'm trying to run a CD on my desktop but everytime I get the "an administrator has blocked you from running this app". I'm the administrator for my desktop so how can I unblock and run this CD installation?...
  6. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app..

An Administrator has blocked you from running this app..: I have a calendar program that I have been using for years Calendar Creator. Suddenly, after the latest Win 10 update, I get the message below. I AM the administrator. The only way I can get the program to run is to go to the command prompt with administrator privileges, and...
  7. an administrator has blocked you from running this app

an administrator has blocked you from running this app: here's the thing,one or two days ago, I noticed that in somewhere of the setting, it says your windows product life cycle is ending or something, so I upgraded from 1803 to 1909using indows 10 Update Assistantnd after that when I try to run xunlei.exe at d:,it says that "an...
  8. an administrator has blocked you from running this app

an administrator has blocked you from running this app: When ever i run an .msc extension system tool this error pop up and i tried many other way which were asked to fix this problem on Microsoft blog. Please help me....
  9. Device Guard blocking Windows Store Apps from running

Device Guard blocking Windows Store Apps from running: Hello everyone, I'm a PC enthusiast, running Windows 10 Pro on my home computer, and I've been exploring the possibilities of the built-in security features as an alternative to buying an antivirus license from other established vendors. I've been experimenting with...
  10. an administrator has blocked you from running this app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    an administrator has blocked you from running this app: I am trying out this 'getprivate' software and it installed correctly. When it run for first time it has no problem. when I close the windows, next time I launch it, it won't open, a window pop up, 'an administrator has blocked your from this app. I did some research on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows phone blocking apps from running