Windows 10: Windows Boot up Issue

Discus and support Windows Boot up Issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all I have posted this elsewhere, so for cross posting issues here is the link. Problem, Windows 10 boot up occasionally it will go into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KevinUK, Aug 8, 2016.

1. KevinUK Win User

Windows Boot up Issue

Hi all

I have posted this elsewhere, so for cross posting issues here is the link.

Problem, Windows 10 boot up occasionally it will go into the screen where the icon with the dots in a circle are going around, after about 10 seconds it will just stop booting and I need to re-boot, again. Sometimes on several occasions. Then it will boot OK for a few days/week then the same occurs again.
    I recently tried to install the Windows 10 anniversary update on three occasion and I unable due to this boot issue it just stops the update and goes back to the original installation.
    This was a new build about 10 months ago and everything was OK for the first 6-7 months? Can this be a motherboard issue or the SSD where the operating system is on?
    Look forward to any help or pointers.

Regards
    Kevin

:)

KevinUK, Aug 8, 2016

2. Boot up issue

Hello,

To help resolve your concern, kindly follow the troubleshooting steps created by
    Ramesh Kumar on this

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Raymond Ave, Aug 8, 2016
  3. D.--- Win User
    Boot up issue

Upon booting up the desktop computer, the blue Windows 10 icon appears, but does nothing. In order to actually boot up, I have to do a soft boot. How can I fix this so it just boots up correctly?

D.---, Aug 8, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows Boot up Issue

Hi, could be some form of corruption or some incompatibility- or something you've installed for example.
    Even a hardware issue.

Please try the standard checks:
    From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F

Your PC will need to restart.
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed.
    Post back the result, which will be on the screen briefly.
    Otherwise you can get the result as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!

If clear or fixed, then run
    sfc /scannow
    again from an admin command prompt.
    This will take some time.
    Please post back with results.

dalchina, Aug 8, 2016
  5. KevinUK Win User
    Hi dalchina

Thanks for that, will look into when I am at my PC next and will post back.

KevinUK, Aug 8, 2016
  6. Kbird Win User
    Kbird, Aug 8, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    .. the opencl.dll problem is supposed to have been solved in the anniversary upgrade..

dalchina, Aug 8, 2016
  8. Kbird Win User

Windows Boot up Issue

I don't know about solved ? but 1607 does replace it , I had to reinstall my Nvidia Drivers to get RealBench to run again , it was crashing in the OpenCl Luxmark test. (M$ OpenCl is even slower than Nvidia's apparently though ,compared to AMD)

Kbird, Aug 8, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    I only meant solved in the sense it was often erroneously reported in the CBS.log file created by running SFC /scannow.

However, experience will confirm this.. or not.

dalchina, Aug 8, 2016
  10. KevinUK Win User
    Hi dalchina

I have carried out the scans as you suggest, the first one CHKDSK looks OK to me?

The second suggestion for scannow has corrupt files?

Kevin

KevinUK, Aug 9, 2016
  11. dalchina New Member
    You can now try this as part of the standard recommended repair sequence.

Try running these in sequence from a elevated (admin) Command Prompt:

To open an admin Command Prompt window
    Press Win key + X, then click ‘Command Prompt (admin).
    Then copy/paste each in turn at the prompt, press <Return> and wait for the command to complete.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

& see
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image - Windows 10 Forums
    for reference

If this fails, you have the rather useful approach of an in-place upgrade repair install.. if needed I will post further details.

dalchina, Aug 9, 2016
  12. Steve C Win User
    Have you any additional drives connected which contain an active partition? This can slow down or confuse the boot process. You can use MiniTool Partition Wizard to see if you have additional active partitions and make them inactive. Be sure to keep the main active partition on your system drive!

Steve C, Aug 9, 2016
  13. KevinUK Win User

Windows Boot up Issue

Hi dalchina

Thanks for that, will look into when I am at my PC tomorrow and will post back.

Steve C

I do have other drives for storage. I have disconnected all these previously and the issue is still the same.

Kevin

KevinUK, Aug 9, 2016
  14. Kbird Win User
    I would run Check Disk again since you had Errors , perhaps more than once just in case .

also it is recommended to Run SFC at least 3 times if it can't repair something. ie From the SFC Tutorial :

• If SFC could not fix something, then run the command again to see if it may be able to the next time. Sometimes it may take running the sfc /scannow command up to 3 times with restarting the computer after each time to completely fix everything that it's able to.

If not, then run the Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command to repair any component store corruption, restart the PC afterwards, and try the sfc /scannow command again.

If still not, then do a system restore using a restore point dated before the bad system file occurred to fix it. You may need to repeat doing a system restore until you find a older restore point that may work.

If still not, and you would like to get help with your SFC issue before continuing with more drastic measure below, then you could OPTION FIVE below in a reply post in this tutorial.

If still not, then you could do a repair install without losing anything.

If still not, then you could refresh Windows 10.

Kbird, Aug 9, 2016
  15. KevinUK Win User
    Hi All

I think I will do an install of windows at the weekend. If that is not it then it must be a hardware issue?

KevinUK, Aug 10, 2016
Thema:

Windows Boot up Issue

1. Windows Boot up Issue - Similar Threads - Boot Issue

2. Boot files Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot files Issue: Dell Inspiron 3793Windows 10 My laptop was working fine all day, then I did a Reboot and it wouldn't start up, just a black screen with the mouse cursor. I did a Software Repair and the error said "Boot files issue detected" but it was not able to repair it.I called Dell and...
  3. Boot files Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot files Issue: Dell Inspiron 3793Windows 10 My laptop was working fine all day, then I did a Reboot and it wouldn't start up, just a black screen with the mouse cursor. I did a Software Repair and the error said "Boot files issue detected" but it was not able to repair it.I called Dell and...
  4. Boot files Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times: when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times but it displays normally the windows and everything and i have an h410 board so when I searched by beeping code i found out that that's a cache error but i don't understand why and how that happened and what to do to fix that.. right...
  6. Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times

Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times: when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times but it displays normally the windows and everything and i have an h410 board so when I searched by beeping code i found out that that's a cache error but i don't understand why and how that happened and what to do to fix that.. right...
  7. Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”: Hi,While I’m using the laptop, it suddenly stuck and show message ‘Reboot and Select Proper boot Device’. I tried to restart several times and the issue remains. I also check Bios at boot to prioritize’Windows Boot Manager P0: ST1000LM035-1RK172’ to be Boot option #1 and it...
  9. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”: Hi,While I’m using the laptop, it suddenly stuck and show message ‘Reboot and Select Proper boot Device’. I tried to restart several times and the issue remains. I also check Bios at boot to prioritize’Windows Boot Manager P0: ST1000LM035-1RK172’ to be Boot option #1 and it...
  10. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware