Windows 10: Windows Boot-up security & Logging

Discus and support Windows Boot-up security & Logging in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm trying to research into more ways of locking company devices down. From the worst case if they were ever stolen it would be hard for your average... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MrCollective, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Windows Boot-up security & Logging

I'm trying to research into more ways of locking company devices down. From the worst case if they were ever stolen it would be hard for your average Jo to access anything and general access on day to day usage/privacy.

Currently using Bitlocker 256 on all HDD's.

Few questions:

1. I have a PC with 3 HDD's, can I password the D:\ and the G:\ to keep stored data separate. So if i walk away from the PC for a few minutes and don't Windows+L the drives are not accessed without a Password.

2. Boot-up, we have Pin's to access our logons. Is there any additional security we can add already built into 10 e.g 2 Step authentication.

3. Many years ago I used to have a flash drive with a few XP boot files on so if the drive was not in the PC it wouldn't boot. Is this a thing anymore, can you make a "Key" to access your Laptop/PC. Hopefully not the old way of moving files but something on the lines of a hashkey 10 looks for before booting passed Bios.

Regards,

MrColletive

:)

MrCollective, Sep 11, 2015
  2. Marcx_r Win User

How to fix Kernel Security Check Failure?

Ok now my pc will boot up to the log in screen, then BSOD (Kernel Security Failure) and restart.

Marcx_r, Sep 11, 2015
  3. BOOT MENU LOGGING IN WINDOWS 10

Fast startup features in win-10 usually makes it pretty tough to get to the bios or boot menu

Shut down

As soon as you press the power button start tapping the F8 key continuously for newer machines.

Ultimately you need to go to Power options by using Winkey+X or right click the start button,

On the top left click on Change what the power button does,

Then click on the link top center paragraph Change settings currently unavailable

Uncheck Use fast startup (recommended)

There is no significant reason to use fast startup all it does is make things tougher to correct if having issues to access the bios.

I'd also disable fast or quick startup in the bios.

Now you can use Winkey+X uu or Power button and shutdown

Then power up and use the tapping F8 on power up.

ThrashZone, Sep 11, 2015
  4. Windows Boot-up security & Logging

1. Once the drives are unlocked in Windows with BitLocker they do not automatically re-lock - you need to educate your users to lock their workstations before leaving them or set the screensaver to come on after XX amount of time and enable the lock screen from that point.

2. You can set BitLocker to unlock with a USB "Token" - other than that there are plenty of third-party things available - for example I use: Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) Solutions | Secure Access | SafeNet

3. As per 2

garydexter, Sep 15, 2015
Thema:

Windows Boot-up security & Logging

1. Windows Boot-up security & Logging - Similar Threads - Boot security Logging

2. Windows does not boot up after enabling secure boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows does not boot up after enabling secure boot: I need to enable secure boot but whenever I go into BIOS and enable it, windows does not boot up and always goes into automatic repair.I have Windows installed on my SSD but whenever I go into the boot menu after enabling secure boot, the SSD no longer shows up as an option...
  3. After enable secure boot, windows wont boot up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After enable secure boot, windows wont boot up.: Hello.I was trying to enable secure boot on my Lenovo laptop for windows 11. After enabling in BIOS i was stuck on statup and a screen with PCI-e boot or my harddrive came up for a choise to select. It didn't make any difference witch of them i took, I just came back.I looked...
  4. After enable secure boot, windows wont boot up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After enable secure boot, windows wont boot up.: Hello.I was trying to enable secure boot on my Lenovo laptop for windows 11. After enabling in BIOS i was stuck on statup and a screen with PCI-e boot or my harddrive came up for a choise to select. It didn't make any difference witch of them i took, I just came back.I looked...
  5. After Secure boot, windows wont boot up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Secure boot, windows wont boot up.: Hello.I was trying to enable secure boot on my Lenovo laptop for windows 11. After enabling in BIOS i was stuck on statup and a screen with PCI-e boot or my harddrive came up for a choise to select. It didn't make any difference witch of them i took, I just came back.I looked...
  6. After Secure boot, windows wont boot up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Secure boot, windows wont boot up.: Hello.I was trying to enable secure boot on my Lenovo laptop for windows 11. After enabling in BIOS i was stuck on statup and a screen with PCI-e boot or my harddrive came up for a choise to select. It didn't make any difference witch of them i took, I just came back.I looked...
  7. Secure Boot, Windows 11, Not Showing Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Boot, Windows 11, Not Showing Up: I have Windows 11, and I’m trying to play a game but it says it requires Secure Boot. I have researched as much as I can and have done what I think is all I can do. When I go into BIOS there is no Secure Boot option. When I go into Boot there is also no Secure Boot function....
  8. Secure Boot, Windows 11, Not Showing Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secure Boot, Windows 11, Not Showing Up: I have Windows 11, and I’m trying to play a game but it says it requires Secure Boot. I have researched as much as I can and have done what I think is all I can do. When I go into BIOS there is no Secure Boot option. When I go into Boot there is also no Secure Boot function....
  9. Logging in on the wrong user on boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging in on the wrong user on boot up: I logged in into my microsoft account on my brother's PC, but now whenever he boots up, it automatically logs in on my account and says that it's the pc's administrator, we aren't able to switch accounts and now he's stuck with my microsoft account on the administrator user,...
  10. UEFI + Secure Boot not logging into W10 (dual-boot)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UEFI + Secure Boot not logging into W10 (dual-boot): Hei, So I'm the guy who tried to move from Legacy to UEFI some days ago. I managed to move both Ubuntu and W10 to UEFI. More info on both of the situations here: Solved Can't boot into UEFI mode - Lenovo Z50-70 - Windows 10 Forums Queston about GRUB2 + UEFI - Ask...