Windows 10: Windows boot waaaay slow since two days ago

Discus and support Windows boot waaaay slow since two days ago in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My Panasonic CF-SX2 laptop normally takes under 15 seconds from power on to password entry. Starting a day or three ago, it increased dramatically. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Randysea, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Randysea Win User

Windows boot waaaay slow since two days ago

My Panasonic CF-SX2 laptop normally takes under 15 seconds from power on to password entry. Starting a day or three ago, it increased dramatically. I just clocked it at 2:20 minutes. I cannot think of any changes I have made to the machine so recently.

I get the first indication that the bios sees Windows very quickly, as before. Then the circle of white stars on black screen starts revolving. It does this twice. This phase is the longest.

Once I get to the password entry, my machine seems just as fast as it ever did.

My first thought was that I might have run low on hard drive space on my C: partition for the pagefile. But no, the pagefile is only 8 Gb and I still have 40 Gb free. This is a 1 Tb SSD drive. The machine has 8 Gb of RAM. The processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz. Windows 10 Pro with whatever updates MS has pushed.

Any suggestions?

:)

Randysea, Aug 21, 2018
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Ruth2340 Win User
    Why is Cortana so slow and right after major updates installed 2 days ago?

Major updates were installed 2 days ago May 22, 2018, and now Cortana is very very slow and half the time if I type something into Cortana, it does not get it all by the time Cortana comes up, so I have to retype and of course back to being so slow it
    is ridiculous. I love Cortana, but not like this. Help someone, and please don't tell me to do a dozen steps to get it fixed like the Shell thing, run as Administrator when I already am the Administrator, live alone, no one else has access to my lap top.
    I am 78 and not computer literate and do not need those steps you always suggest. The new updates caused this issue. It was absolutely fine before those updates.

Ruth2340, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Slow boot

Hi Craig,

Boot performance may slow can be due to corruptions. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried booting up your laptop in Safe Mode and check if the issue still persist?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows boot waaaay slow since two days ago - Similar Threads - boot waaaay slow

2. VPN won't connect since a few days ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VPN won't connect since a few days ago: So for the last few days I have tried everything to fix this, but I found no fix to the issue of the VPN not working. I tried the provider even but it does work with older versions of Windows 11 64-bit. Does anyone know why it doesn't work suddenly?Information:Windows 11...
  3. VPN won't connect since a few days ago

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VPN won't connect since a few days ago: So for the last few days I have tried everything to fix this, but I found no fix to the issue of the VPN not working. I tried the provider even but it does work with older versions of Windows 11 64-bit. Does anyone know why it doesn't work suddenly?Information:Windows 11...
  4. Horrible game performance since Windows Update two weeks ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Horrible game performance since Windows Update two weeks ago: Ever since Windows 10 installed updates when I shut down my PC two weeks ago, games have had very poor performance. I mean they are unplayable. All games run like garbage. Very slow, lots of major lag, and many things do not even load in the games since the Windows Update two...
  5. Since I did the last update Windows suggested me two days ago, my desktop icons are all...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Since I did the last update Windows suggested me two days ago, my desktop icons are all...: Hello, I have recently been encountering an issue, Since the last update, the weather icon start appearing at the taskbar icons and every time that I am trying to turn it off this start appearing look at the pictures. And where often after my laptop goes to sleep mode and...
  6. Since I did the last update Windows suggested me two days ago, my desktop icons are all...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Since I did the last update Windows suggested me two days ago, my desktop icons are all...: Hello,I have recently been encountering an issue, Since the last update, the weather icon start appearing at the taskbar icons and everytime that I am trying to turn it off this start appearing look at the pictures. And where often after my laptop goes to sleep mode and then...
  7. Since two days ago, process "UserOOBEBroker.exe" now starts and runs?

in Windows 10 Support
    Since two days ago, process "UserOOBEBroker.exe" now starts and runs?: So yeah, this process never was running before, but now it sits in my Task Manager just sitting, but this is weird to me that now all of a sudden it is being run, killing the process, and it will show up again later... restarting the PC and it's starts in about 10 minutes...
  8. Blue Screen of Death starting since a few days ago.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue Screen of Death starting since a few days ago.: so i am a Windows Insider i had 1903 for ages and didnt know about its BSOD issues till recently. Now every 30 mins my computer is going to blue / green wcreen of death. I first tried reverting to normal windows 10 with no sucess. Reseated my memory and cables inside the...
  9. Windows 10 updated a few days ago and ever since then Chrome crashes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 updated a few days ago and ever since then Chrome crashes.: My computer did an automatic Windows 10 update a few days ago and ever since then Netflix and Chrome crash. How do I fix these problems? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updated-a-few-days-ago-and-ever-since/0d1d6b6d-227b-4903-a216-251330b371f3
  10. Wifi disconnects randomly since windows 10 update 2 days ago.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi disconnects randomly since windows 10 update 2 days ago.: Hi guys. Since installing the recent updates for Windows 10, every now and then my Wifi will just disconnect... Turning it back on is as simple as clicking on the Internet icon and clicking "connect" again, though I'm a gamer and when the connection drops out during games...