Windows 10: Windows Browser Move Window Not Displaying Correctly

Discus and support Windows Browser Move Window Not Displaying Correctly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to version 1703 and since then when I move a large file, say greater than 3 or 4 GB, when the move window pops up, I select show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shag00, Sep 15, 2017.

1. shag00 Win User

Windows Browser Move Window Not Displaying Correctly

I recently upgraded to version 1703 and since then when I move a large file, say greater than 3 or 4 GB, when the move window pops up, I select show more information, the graph and speed line that used to display is no longer visible rather a ghosting block moving from left to right and the ETA time is always calculating. At the last second when the move is complete the graph flashes on for about a second before the window closes. The file is moved and as best as I can tell at the normal speed of about 100 Mbps.

Any ideas?

:)

shag00, Sep 15, 2017

2. (Problem) Fonts not displaying correctly in browser IE11 & MS Edge

Hi,

This font looks terrible in any browser. It is very light and there is no much hinting, so some letters almost disappear. With ClearType enabled in Chrome or Firefox it is better, but not by much. If on Mac you used Avenir Utra Light

(similar by weight) it doesn't look very good either, although it is hinted by Montype and quality is better.

You may try switching to heavier weight of Lato. But if you really want to use this font I would suggest to ask Google Fonts people if they can do better hinting on Lato.

Thanks,

Sergey

Sergey Malkin [MSFT], Sep 15, 2017
  3. Nic727 Win User
    (Problem) Fonts not displaying correctly in browser IE11 & MS Edge

Hi,

I don't know if it's just because I use a laptop with 768p that I have this problem, but I did a work at school to create an original web page, but my font on my personal laptop look weird.

http://art.nicolas-duclos.com

At school we work with Mac OSX, so they have Avenir Next and Avenir and they are cool and clean fonts, but for Windows, I know that we don't have the same fonts. For example, we don't have Avenir Next or Avenir.

Whatever, I found an alternative via Google Fonts called "Lato", but in the browser it look very weird. Some parts are not appearing, so I don't know why... Also, the colors are not the same... Maybe it's because my screen is 768p without true to life color?

So that's a screenshot of what I have :

Windows Browser Move Window Not Displaying Correctly [​IMG]

But at school it looks much better.

Nic727, Sep 15, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows Browser Move Window Not Displaying Correctly [​IMG]

Seems ok for me using the CU.. which only suggests it's not a general problem.

Suggest you try the same after a clean boot and in Safe Mode. If the same, try creating a new user for test purposes and compare again.

dalchina, Sep 15, 2017
  5. shag00 Win User
    @dalchina,

thanks for your reply but I think I inadvertently discovered the reason and fix. As I said before it only affects large files so it's hard to spot on small files because the transfer is so quick (straight from disk cache I assume). The move window returned to normal operation after I took ownership of the originating folder and files.

shag00, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Browser Move Window Not Displaying Correctly - Similar Threads - Browser Move Window

2. Browser tabs not working correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browser tabs not working correctly: When opening a new tab on any browser, the previous tab that is still open stops sound and action. This is new since earlier this morning and the only change is Windows driver update. Is there a settng that I need to change so that the tabs work correctly?...
  3. Browser tabs not working correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Browser tabs not working correctly: When opening a new tab on any browser, the previous tab that is still open stops sound and action. This is new since earlier this morning and the only change is Windows driver update. Is there a settng that I need to change so that the tabs work correctly?...
  4. Windows Defender is not being Displayed Correctly

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender is not being Displayed Correctly: hi guys, i got a virus that deleted my windows defender [Original Title: Windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-is-not-being-displayed-correctly/c06f1e3b-81d0-492d-a5cb-c9c24aff8994
  5. Windows 10 is not displaying the correct resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 is not displaying the correct resolution: My display resolution is 1920x1080. I have went into display settings and nvidia control panel and manually set everything to 1920x1080. To confirm, the option for 1920x1080 is showing up and it is showing up as applied. Went I open a program such as Firefox, Steam,...
  6. Windows Explorer not displaying correctly.

Windows Explorer not displaying correctly.: [IMG]I found this article of someone with the same issue but their steps were inconclusive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-not-displaying-correctly/212c2c36-106d-4e8a-b0f2-cb7988de15ef
  7. Moving a browser window UP!

Moving a browser window UP!: [img] I do not want the window to snap to the top edge of the screen. Sites like ESPN and NFL have a scroll of live scores at the top of the page along with banners, etc. I'd like to move these out of site. Is it possible to move a browser window (or any window for that...
  8. Windows not displaying correct monitor information

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows not displaying correct monitor information: I recently acquired a second monitor that is the same brand as my original monitor. Original monitor model: GN276HL New monitor model: A221HQV Both monitors are acer. My original monitor is now appearing as the A221HQV in my display settings. My problem is that my...
  9. Colours are not displaying correctly in Windows programs

Colours are not displaying correctly in Windows programs: When I turned on my PC, I was shocked to see that the background turned black. But I managed to sign in, receiving all Windows programs with changed colours. For instance Word, PowerPoint etc show black instead of white and vise verse. Google Chrome looks almost good but...
  10. Colors in Windows/Office not displaying correctly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Colors in Windows/Office not displaying correctly: When I opened my computer this morning, my background was black rather than the cycle of images Window's 10 normally offers. I still had the opportunity to sign in, but when I did, my desktop background was black as well! When I opened Word, everything is black where white...