Windows 10: Windows built apps not working

Discus and support Windows built apps not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Basically Paint, Calculator, Edge and etc is missing from my start menu, I have lost the search functionality when hitting windows button for quick... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ashsurfz, Oct 19, 2015.

1. ashsurfz Win User

Windows built apps not working

Basically Paint, Calculator, Edge and etc is missing from my start menu, I have lost the search functionality when hitting windows button for quick search, I can't launch Edge even though it is pinned to my taskbar.

Started to happen a few days back. What could the isssue be?

Any workarounds to fix this? I rely on calculator and paint quite frequently for quick use.

:)

ashsurfz, Oct 19, 2015

2. Built in apps not working

hiii... my built in apps- movies and tv,groove music and photos are not working plss help

RishiPinjani, Oct 19, 2015
  3. EvaEvans Win User
    Windows 10 Built-in Apps Not Working

I had this problem and noted that it affected only 1 of 2 admin users set upon my Windows10 laptop. After a productive chat with MS Tech Support, the problem is resolved but NOT fixed. Problem is a corrupted user profile. The Microsoft official "Resolution"
    is to create a new userid, copy over all the user files, then spend a couple of days finding and repairing whatever didn't come across.

The actual fix would be to repair the corrupted user profile so the user wouldn't have to do all that destructive work, but Microsoft tech support always seems to resort to what's easiest for them. Their default sledgehammer solution is usually "reinstall
    Windows" or "do a complete system restore"...the lazy support tech's catch-all response to any problem. None of these approaches results in fixing the corrupted user profile.

This "Store Apps Not Working" issue is an all-too-common problem that remains unresolved after many months of community members' anguish as they flounder through possible, usually radical and complex attempts to troubleshoot, repair or restore Windows and/or
    the apps.

Any competant support organization closely monitors all product-related forums and social media posts, responding to every issue in a timely manner and escallating possible product deficiencies to the appropriate design team to be addressed in the next product
    update. That is a primary product improvement mechanism applicable to any business--it is effective, efficient, improves customer satisfaction, and cuts down on support calls (and support staff)

Microsoft should have noticed from posts on this forun (one of the default support options on their Support webpage) that user profiles are getting corrupted somehow. After immediate escallation to the responsible design team, the cause of the corruption
    should have been identified and a non-impactful resolution applied, either through a software update or a repair procedure posted to Help and the forums posting the issue. Microsoft has failed and continues to fail dismally in every respect.

EvaEvans, Oct 19, 2015
Thema:

Windows built apps not working

1. Windows built apps not working - Similar Threads - built apps working

2. built in windows security not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    built in windows security not working: When i open my windows security it opens for a millisecond showing the logo and then closes without showing any uiive tried :using local group policy editorchanging registry keys reseting on apps and features settings...
  3. Built-In Windows Apps not Working/Installing

Built-In Windows Apps not Working/Installing: I recently reset my PC in order to free up space and reinstall my games onto an SSD rather than a Hard Drive. But now my built-in windows apps are not opening and seem to not be installing. When I click on any program in the start menu, like windows store, mail, maps, etc....
  4. Apps that need in-built camera are not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Apps that need in-built camera are not working: The task manager shows that camera is working but, in fact, it isn’t. The settings show that it has access to the apps. How to solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-that-need-in-built-camera-are-not-working/aac4bf94-f6bb-43e8-9ca8-fdd45d231f11
  5. In built apps not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    In built apps not working: Im using Windows 10 1803 version OS....in which the inbuilt apps are not even opening , when i click on any app it opens for an instance closes automatically. Another thing is that when i open some apps it shows "app is not working"... i dont know what the reason is?..help me...
  6. Built In Windows 10 Apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Built In Windows 10 Apps: Hello Microsoft Community, How can I remove the built in Windows 10 apps that came with my computer? I tried to right click on some of them, and I get no "Uninstall" option. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks....
  7. Windows 10 built in apps not working after an update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 built in apps not working after an update: Hi Don't know which update screwed this up but I now no longer have access to Win 10 built in apps such as calculator, photos, etc. I tried a app reset on calculator, but that didn't work and is now not showing at all. I have tried the following: Get-AppXPackage |...
  8. Built-in apps won't work

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Built-in apps won't work: Hi, i see there are some posts about built-in apps not working, but everything ends in the question about if creating a new user solves the problem. Well, yes, it does. Question is if there's any way to avoid this beside the a-b-c (sfc, powershell) and if there's not how to...
  9. Removing Built-in Apps

Removing Built-in Apps: I don't have an Xbox & so I do not need the Xbox App or its related packages. Problem is, I am having a hard time removing the App & its related packages. These are the steps I have gone through, in both my Local Administrator & Local Standard accounts. 1. I opened...
  10. Built in Apps

Built in Apps: I have an issue whereby whenever I restart windows, the following apps startup, but I can't see them the the startup menu. Photos, Calculator and The Store. Does anyone know how these can be disabled? 15261