Windows 10: Windows button becoming sticky - shorcut

Discus and support Windows button becoming sticky - shorcut in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello guys. I am writing to you because I am highly annoyed by this stupid windows 10 feature, which whenever I press a certain combination of keys on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by erik9631, Aug 4, 2018.

1. erik9631 Win User

Windows button becoming sticky - shorcut

Hello guys.

I am writing to you because I am highly annoyed by this stupid windows 10 feature, which whenever I press a certain combination of keys on my keyboard it turns my windows button to sticky and I can not type or do anything at all. My only option is signing out from the system and logging back again so it resets.

Please do not tell me this is a keyboard issue, or driver issue, or sticky keys not being turned off (I turned them off already). This is an explicit annoying windows feature that is getting on my nerves.

I would like to know what is the shorcut combination and how can I turn it off when it happens. I accidentally manage to press the combination when I play games. I am certain the shorcut exists because I have googled this issue numerous times last year and managed to find the combination once, but I am unable to find it again and I do not remember it.

Thanks for the help.

:)

erik9631, Aug 4, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Aug 4, 2018
  3. Sticky Note Error?

Hi,

To further help you with your concern about the sticky note, we suggest using System File Checking in Windows 10. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, then select Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/").

Let us know how it goes.

Wilfred Mac, Aug 4, 2018
  4. Windows button becoming sticky - shorcut

Sticky Note Update

Hi Joey,

To disable Insights on Sticky Notes, please follow these steps:

• Open Sticky Notes.
    • Click on the Menu (3-dots) button.
    • Click on the Settings button.
    • Turn off Enable insights.

Let us know how it goes.

Meliton Dec, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows button becoming sticky - shorcut

1. Windows button becoming sticky - shorcut - Similar Threads - button becoming sticky

2. shorcut keyes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shorcut keyes: I am loosing all shortcat keyes, and I mean ALL. Once updating windows dis work couple hours, but I still have continuous problem win10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shorcut-keyes/d1112237-b175-479f-8a42-b493ca6b47c4
  3. shorcut keyes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shorcut keyes: I am loosing all shortcat keyes, and I mean ALL. Once updating windows dis work couple hours, but I still have continuous problem win10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shorcut-keyes/d1112237-b175-479f-8a42-b493ca6b47c4
  4. shorcut keyes

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Shorcuts Deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shorcuts Deleted: I recently was cleaning up my windows 11 through storage sense and deleting files i do not know, while in drive C there is not much to delete but i came across a bunch of shortcuts of all my apps i thought they are useless and delleted all of them the were in total less than...
  6. Shorcuts Deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shorcuts Deleted: I recently was cleaning up my windows 11 through storage sense and deleting files i do not know, while in drive C there is not much to delete but i came across a bunch of shortcuts of all my apps i thought they are useless and delleted all of them the were in total less than...
  7. Scrolling down has become sticky or does not work in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scrolling down has become sticky or does not work in Windows 10: I have recently installed Windows 10 on a new HDD on my desktop due to previous HDD failure and even though I have configured it the same as before, the mouse wheel has been having a very peculiar behaviour, as the scrolling works, but only when using it to go up. When...
  8. Shift button stuck but sticky keys disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Shift button stuck but sticky keys disabled: Hello, I have a weird problem where the shift is sort of "stucked" and I have to click it once to release it. Changed keyboard - didn't help, checked if sticky keys are on (not) What else could cause this? Thanks 175108
  9. Windows button becoming sticky - shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows button becoming sticky - shortcut: Hello guys. I am writing to you because I am highly annoyed by this stupid windows 10 feature, which whenever I press a certain combination of keys on my keyboard it turns my windows button to sticky and I can not type or do anything at all. My only option is signing out...
  10. Put "&" in the shorcut name?

in Windows 10 Support
    Put "&" in the shorcut name?: Here's an interesting (I guess) thing - is there any way to put the "&" symbol into the file/app shortcut name? Windows automatically converts it to the keyboard shortcut indicator and I'd like to avoid that. At the moment whenever the shortcut says e.g. "Tag & Rename"...