Windows 10: Windows button becoming sticky - shortcut

Discus and support Windows button becoming sticky - shortcut in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello guys. I am writing to you because I am highly annoyed by this stupid windows 10 feature, which whenever I press a certain combination of keys on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by erik9631, Aug 4, 2018.

1. erik9631 Win User

Windows button becoming sticky - shortcut

Hello guys.

I am writing to you because I am highly annoyed by this stupid windows 10 feature, which whenever I press a certain combination of keys on my keyboard it turns my windows button to sticky and I can not type or do anything at all. My only option is signing out from the system and logging back again so it resets.

Please do not tell me this is a keyboard issue, or driver issue, or sticky keys not being turned off (I turned them off already). This is an explicit annoying windows feature that is getting on my nerves.

I would like to know what is the shorcut combination and how can I turn it off when it happens. I accidentally manage to press the combination when I play games. I am certain the shorcut exists because I have googled this issue numerous times last year and managed to find the combination once, but I am unable to find it again and I do not remember it.

Thanks for the help.

:)

erik9631, Aug 4, 2018
  2. AndreePin Win User

Sticky Notes Shortcut Question

Hi,

To create a sticky note shortcut on your Windows 10, what I can suggest is to kindly follow the instructions below:

• In the Start menu, type Sticky Notes in the Search box/Cortana.
    • Select and right click the app.
    • Click Open file location.
    • Right click and select Properties.
    • In the shortcut key: tab, press the keyboard key that you want to create a shortcut with.
    • Click Apply to save the changes.
    Kindly note that you have to be the Administrator to make the changes.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Aug 4, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Aug 4, 2018
  4. Windows button becoming sticky - shortcut

Sticky Note Error?

Hi,

To further help you with your concern about the sticky note, we suggest using System File Checking in Windows 10. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, then select Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/").

Let us know how it goes.

Wilfred Mac, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows button becoming sticky - shortcut

1. Windows button becoming sticky - shortcut - Similar Threads - button becoming sticky

2. Windows Button not working for certain shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Button not working for certain shortcuts: I have a problem with my windows button. I usually use the windows button with the right or left arrow to split my screen but it does not work anymore and so does my the screenshot function Windows Button +print screen. So I thought that my Windows button was totally gone....
  3. Change sticky keys toggle shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change sticky keys toggle shortcut: In the sticky keys options panel it says ''Use shortcut (5x SHIFT) to toggle sticky keys'', but is this shortcut changeable? 5x Shift just isn't a great shortcut for me as I would probably turn it off and on without wanting to. Note that I don't want to ''turn off sticky...
  4. Is there any shortcut for this button?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any shortcut for this button?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Luwepa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hdts4v/is_there_any_shortcut_for_this_button/
  5. Restore Sticky Notes Shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Sticky Notes Shortcut: Hi Shawn: I noticed that I have 2 shortcuts for Sticky Notes in my Start Menu. See image. The top one will open my last note & I can access my other notes, settings, etc. from there. However, the bottom one, which has a flyout, doesn't work. If I click any of the options, I...
  6. List of Sticky Notes Keyboard Shortcuts on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    List of Sticky Notes Keyboard Shortcuts on Windows 10: [ATTACH] The latest version of the note-taking app in Windows 10 – Sticky Notes v 3.0 includes new text formatting tools. It also has a hub for all the notes you create and save. This is to keep all your notes in [...] This post List of Sticky Notes Keyboard Shortcuts on...
  7. Shortcut for Stickies on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut for Stickies on Windows 10: Is there a Way to set a shortcut for the stickies app on windows 10? I've tried using WinHotKey but couldn't find a way to use it with the Stickies App. It would be great to have a shortcut like Win+N to launch this app...
  8. Windows button becoming sticky - shorcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows button becoming sticky - shorcut: Hello guys. I am writing to you because I am highly annoyed by this stupid windows 10 feature, which whenever I press a certain combination of keys on my keyboard it turns my windows button to sticky and I can not type or do anything at all. My only option is signing out...
  9. Sticky Notes Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Sticky Notes Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10: How to: Sticky Notes Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts for Sticky Notes in Windows 10 The Sticky Notes app is a preinstalled UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10. This apps allows you to create and save notes to the desktop of your...
  10. Windows button + D shortcut exclusion

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows button + D shortcut exclusion: Hello. I have been using windows 10 since a little after it came out, and I am and always have been fond of the Windows + D shortcut. For those who don't know, this shows the desktop and minimizes all programs. I would like to know if it is possible to exclude programs from...